Spoiler Helmut: The Forsaken Child / 헬무트

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lilacforyou99, Sep 17, 2022.

1. nexarion

nexarion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL is on booktoki

Shaiole likes this.
  2. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that it has almost 500 chapters. Is it worth it to read even as MTL?

3. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened after timeskip? Did Helmut return to human world? What become his birth family?

4. g_all_ah_an

g_all_ah_an Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I er MTLed the last chapter. I'm quite bad at this so bear with me.
    "No, it can't end like this."

Baharek's eyes widened in bewilderment. He couldn't believe it. The mighty demonic energy which stretched over the rocky cliffs. That dominating, familiar presence.

"Could this be Elaga? Is she alive?"

Helmut read something similar before.

"This..."

Along with the words, the expressions of Alea and Levant, who seemed to have understood the situation, hardened.

"Yes? What is it?"

"What is it?"

Luke Yeager and Asuka glanced at each other, not being able to grasp the situation.

Soon, they understood too. The monsters which once took a detour, heading for the rocky mountain escaped from Baharek's control. That was enough proof that Elaga was alive.

Elaga is back. Confusion and delight struck the group. The wind seemed to blow stronger against Helmut.

I had to check if Elaga was really alive. But first, there is still work to be done.

Baharek.

In the midst of the collapsing tower, Baharek was feeling conflicted.

Should I continue this or should I stop? The former is risky but the latter will bring about regrets and waste the time I've placed into this.

Helmut opened his mouth.

"Baharek, since you are a hero who saved the world from the demon realm, would you like to do something worthy of a hero?"

[Hero... you say]

It was a word which was familiar to the monsters.

"Yes, since we fought against the demon together."

Because of that, Baharek was given a chance. If he were to reject the opportunity, he would be as good as dead.

Baharek wasn't one to keep his promises but unlike him, Helmut keeps his words.

Above all, there was the desire to finish this quickly and to confirm that Elaga was alive.

"If you, as one of the rulers of the Forest of Dig(?) used that authority to control the monsters to our benefits, then you are worthy of that title and honour. "

While talking, Helmut thought his speaking skills improved, unlike before.

[Honour...]

" Yes, something that the other monsters have. With it, you can even gain the respects of humans. "

[Hmmmm... honour]

Baharek shook his head. It is something that monsters don't have. It doesn't sound that bad.

Even Baharek wouldn't enjoy a win without a fight.

(I'll continue mtling tmr)

5. Carnage0312

Carnage0312 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know what happens to his family after timeskip ?if so please tell

6. g_all_ah_an

g_all_ah_an Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just happened to have the last chapter of the novel. I thought yall might want the MTL. Sadly I don't have other chapters. Sorrui :blobsweat:

7. maxi.tempest.

maxi.tempest. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens after the timeskip???

8. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    so he's apparently a sword saint that was targeted by the the church from what i could gather from MTL-ing chapter 410

Elisee and ErryChu like this.
  9. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha in that chapter does his birth family still exist? Is there any FL or is it harem?

10. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished the novel via mtl. It is a pretty solid fantasy novel if you ask me. Kept me interested from beginning to end.

So after the mercenary arc...

Helmuts integrates in human society. Meets friends. His love interest. Fights assassins and noble bullies like the OP MC he is. He learns to be human. Meets his sister. (Though he wasnt sure. Just had a feeling they were blood relatives). Also met his brother during vacation but both of them didnt know. His master's great grandkid also appears so helmut helped him out after finding out that his master's enemy wants to kill the greatgrandkid

Gets send back to the forrest again because he was betrayed by mother and younger brother. Happens around the middle of the story. But FL and friends + sister build up strenght and devised a way to save helmut. Eventually they escaped successfully. They also took the leopard and the bird from the forest.
    Then gathered allies to help him. Politics. Not everyone liked the temple anyways to care. As another poster said MC comes from a ducal family... so he is similar to a prince. Although he didnt want to be the heir before, now he fights to be the heir of linosa. Because it is what he deserves and there is no other path left.
    War happens. Linosa vs temple. Temple gets wrecked and loses some power. But then they noticed the divine barrier is falling apart and with the threat of the devil/demon king resurrecting, they had no choice but to hold hands to stop the impedding apocalypse.

Yes but this happened near ending. Kinda irrelevant at that time coz most of his allies... or everyone/world already knew he had the seed of darkness but still accepted him.
    The seed is also a living thing and gained sentience after.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  11. Gerralt_90

Gerralt_90 New Member

Reading List:
    Link

What happened to his mother after the timeskip
    I mean does he confronted her about her betrayal?
    And what's her reaction after confrontion happen?
    Does she regret her action or remorse at least or she just stay a bitch for the temple till the end?

12. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for sharing!!! Also, How was his romance experience with female lead?

13. retro_the_wise

retro_the_wise Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When does helumut know that alea or area is actually a woman and how does their relationship grow from there

14. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother and brother lives. Helmut wanted a revenge without killing. He cannot forgive them but spared them. They are just not on good terms.
    Both of them arent really that unredeemable. But the betrayal hurt helmut a lot. They betrayed him after helmut risked his life and reveals his darkness seed saving the sister and father.
    Prior timeskip. During betrayal mother chosed to do what she think was right as an archduchess. As a mother, she could only give helmut a chance to kill her before temple sends helmut to forest. Michael - A sickly child that has always been insecure about himself. He wants to gets things he couldnt have. Has never ending greed. But he could have told the temple that helmut was the disciple of the sword saint. But he didnt that time or else helmut would have gotten killed. Michael gets to eat a parasite to make sure he dont betray helmut again. Ironically it also strengthened his health

They started as tutor > roomates >friends > dating. Not exactly sure when helmut finds out but I think he knew it very early on. Maybe even from the start. Dunno coz im on MTL. There were hints that he knew about disguise the moment they met. Not sure if also about the gender. But being dense as he was, he didnt cared.

Area/alea had this female-magnet curse something. I dont get it exactly but it has something to do with her grandma. Most weak minded females will crush on her. It was kinda also cute that he thought he was being affected by the curse at first despite being male.

One time she took of her male disguse and wore some curse limiting item and went to a date with helmut. She didnt knew helmut knew who she was but he did and hang out as usual. Everyone from school was like... who was helmut's secret GF. (She wore a mask also not to stand out)

Area was also kinda possessive of helmut. Everytime another female approach helmut, make that female like her instead. The other 2 friends in their circle realized that they will also never get GFs aslong as Area was around.

Secrets reveal when they went treasure hunting together and accidentally met a pedo priest who wanted to make moves on Area when she was injured/unconscious even when disguised as male coz he looks like a pretty child. Helmut was pretty too but he didnt looked young enough for the priests tastes.... Helmut retaliated and killed pedo priest and gang. Area found out the truth and helmut asked why should he let her live.
    Area also confessed her truth. That she was a girl. Then helmut says he knew all along. Then she says own background and emity with temple.(Was already hinted a lot. Coz why would a girl crossdress as a male in a school where girls are allowed). Then they had a heart to heart talk and shared secrets both of them had never told anyone. Secrets that both affects their life and death and started dating. At this point they werent roomates anymore so it was kinda hard to openly or secretly 'date' since they didnt want anyone thinking they were gay. But if there is a will there is a way. Others only finds out after the timeskip of area gender and classmates were all shocked

Note during the betrayal part, Area wasnt around to save him. She even gave helmut a communication bracelet to let her know for emergencies but helmut knew that he would never use it coz it might also harm Area.

No harem. Though the leopard wanted to cheer helmut up by letting him meet the mother daughter pair. Told helmut that if he wants he can mate with both of them and start a family with them and have baby humans. The leopard got addicted to raising humans lol. Helmut, now with human common sense, was like "Are you sick in the head?"
    The daughter became his disciple though. Both also escapes the forest with them

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  15. Carnage0312

Carnage0312 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the fam reaction when they met helmut after betrayel?

16. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    It happened in a public setting where helmut wins another tournament. Many people there. I think also even the emperor or royalty was there. Removes his mask and was like: "I came here to get what is rightfully mine"

Mother: Instead of joy was fearful. Was also afraid of losing michael.

Father: Was kinda chill but accepted helmut and made him heir after some talks. Like if helmut even cares about Linosa and if he is ready. He isnt that of a loving father because he knows he doesnt deserve to be one to helmut since he had already abandoned him once as a baby. In a much later scene, he meets the leopard ella. Ella was like: I picked up what you abandoned. Father: Thanks...

Michael: Just asked for death but helmut didnt kill him. Says loser doesnt have the right to choose his ending and gave him some parasite instead.

Sister: She supported helmut throughout so she already knew what would happen. She also supported helmut infront of her father.
    she Help rescue helmut from forest too

Note that only the father decides the heir... so the mother cant do anything much once the father decides.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  17. Carnage0312

Carnage0312 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you also post more about this and future pls?

18. retro_the_wise

retro_the_wise Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think hemlut will be less hard on his mother and given time they would reconcile because that micheal played with her and she didnt want to loose everything but micheal is just a little shit at this point.

19. Elezen

Elezen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody have link to raw (without making account?) or machine translation please?

20. applepielife

applepielife Member

Reading List:
    Link
    booktoki156 . com / novel / 323238 removed spaces.

Altair94 likes this.