Help! Looking for Beta Readers for my new fantasy novel about mages and magic!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Relhak, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relhak

Relhak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,

I've almost finished the first arc of my new novel, which I'm planning to publish to Amazon. Therefore, I'm currently looking for some feedback on the story. For all Beta Readers, I'll gift you an author's signed copy of the book once it's published (around Christmas).

So far, there're around 20 chapters - all proofread, so don't worry about getting headaches about deducing ambiguous sentence structures.

All righty, like my ma' always tol' me, "the devil's in the details, boy!"

So here are the specifics
    Workload
    :
    Around 3500 words per week or roughly what accounts as 3-4 standard web novel chapters.

How does it work?:
    I'll post the chapters each Sunday for you to read, and then you'll have to answer a simple survey, consisting of 6 easy questions.

Time limit:
    You'll have one week to read and answer the survey. Please don't skip out on more than two consecutive weeks; otherwise, I'll be forced to remove you.

What's the story about?:
    Lucian Nox Praeco. Top of class. Skipped several grades to enter freshman college early. Son of a respected scientist. That is, until, he was unwittingly put into a pod and woke up in a strange, new world.
    Yet, this world is not a simple as he thought. Mages roam the land, and fierce monsters threaten to destroy civilization. Where everyone has a story and an agenda, Lucian becomes embroiled in an old millennial plot that encompasses the world, while still learning how to fend for himself.
    How will a barely adolescent boy fare in a world where danger lurks at every corner and without anyone to trust?

Inspirational Sources:
    Release That Witch, Advent of the Archmage, Way of Choices, A Step into the Past, Game of Thrones

Okay, that's too much, how about some genres?:
    Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Seinen, Fantasy

Okay, that's still too much, how about some keywords?:
    Coming of age, calm protagonist, clever protagonist, eidetic memory, elves, friendships, male protagonist, medieval, multiple POV, monsters, modern knowledge, nobles, R-15, romantic subplot, royalty, love interest dies, schemes and conspiracies, swords and magic, wars, weak to strong, wizards.

What's in it for me?:
    I'll gift all my beta readers with an author's copy, once it's published to Amazon.

Nice. I'm hooked. Sign me up, Scotty:
    Great! follow this link to get started: https://forms.gle/QWY7moRqA6VJPNey6

Many thanks!
    - Unkown Novelist

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    SmoggyBelle, Gon_ and Westeller like this.
  2. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    looks very interesting, i'll give it a go.
    Seems like a concept i'd like to see more of

Relhak likes this.
  3. Relhak

Relhak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @13th Echelon and @UpInTheAir
    You read the first few chapters a year back. Due to my bachelor thesis I didn't have time to write more, thus it was put on hiatus.

You ready to finish the story? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.