Other Request Help make a Blacklist for bad Harems

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Braxx, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DISCLAIMER: There is ALL about the harem. This is NOT for how good or bad the story, character develoment or worldbuilding are or anything like that.

This is to help new and old readers dodge the bullet. Save this to your watch list and everytime you come across a bad harem, just do everyone a favour and add it here.
    Now how do we do this ? Just add the name of the novel AND add the reasons (if you have made the mistake to read it, give us details). I will start the blacklist below to set an example.

Here is what we are looking for in these bad harems. If a harem novel has one of these points in them, then add them to the blacklist:
    1. Death of the harem memebers - if a harem member dies (and does not come back) for good

2. NTR - harem member falls in love with someone else other than the MC, gets raped, blackmailed, cheats behind the MC's back, betrayal etc ...

3. Love Triangle - if a novel has a "harem" tag but there are only 2 girls

4. Open Relationship - if the main character is ok with his harem members to fuck other people

5. Fake Harems - if a novel has a "harem" tag but in the end the Main Character choses/loves only 1 girl

6. Late Harems - when the harem is only formed towards the end of the novel or the later part of the novel

7. Friends with benefits - if a novel has a "harem" tag but the Main character doesnt have a harem, he just sleeps with a lot girls without a relationship

8. Nothing - nothing happens with the harem. The harem is just there , no romance, no sex, no cute moments, nothing

The blacklist so far :

-Dungeon Defence
    -Deathmarch
    -Soaring The heavans
    -Wu Dong Qian Kun
    -9 Heavenly Thunder Manual
    -Atelier Tanaka
    -Joy of Life
    -My Fury Will Burn The Heavans
    -Castle of Black Iron
    -A Step into the Past
    -God Of Slaughter
    -Release that Witch
    -Battle Through the Heavens
    -Overlord
    -Re:Zero
    -Experimental log of crazy lich

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Dzerx, awake1122, Soren59 and 2 others like this.
  2. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soaring the Heavens - Some of the MC's harem gets NTR'd , divorce him or get killed

Wu Dong Qian Kun - harem is formed at the end of the novel

9 Heavenly Thunder Manual - one of the harem members gets raped and killed

Sabruness and Reak like this.
  3. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Deleted member 176237

Deleted member 176237 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruyue, Ram5 and Ziavory like this.
  5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd help you with this, which imo is a pretty good idea, but i think i've blanked out all of the shitty harems ive read from my memories.

Wujigege and Braxx like this.
  6. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make a list of good harem instead... thats faster...

Dzerx, Wujigege and Sabruness like this.
  7. Reak

Reak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
  9. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Castle of Black Iron - MC sleeps with 70+ women at the start but after a few years he only gets a harem of around 3-5 while the others married out, died, or otherwise forgot about him. And even after saving the crush of his dreams and helping her relocate with his family, she ends up marrying some random dude once they were all settled down.

Dzerx, Reak, Ziavory and 2 others like this.
  10. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WOW .... and i was thinking about reading this novel......

11. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God Of Slaughter - some of the love interests die

A Step into the Past - NTR from a spoiler, from another thread: Yes, it's voluntary. The first major villain (also the one who raped and killed one of the mc's women) drugged the mc. Then made the woman who (at this point is in love with the mc) fuck him in front of the mc... And she absolutely enjoyed Every. Second. Of. It.
    Of course, the excuse is that had she not fucked the guy he would have killed her and them mc but, shocker, she is the first princess of the kingdom and her brother the emperor. Naw, she REALLY wanted that dick. And if you read the novel you'll understand why that is. She was basically a high-class prostitute.

Dzerx and Sabruness like this.
  12. JEREMYDUFFY79

JEREMYDUFFY79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    still it is an amazing novel, the autor dose this because the MC gets stronger an will live longer than ordinary people.

13. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK someone has to help out with this one. I remember reading a random "Forgotten TItle" post. And it was ... very descriptive about the events. Someone has to help name this NTR shit and i think it was a harem too , but we cant take the risk

All i remember from that post was:
    MC is from a rich family and has a girlfriend. He has other rich friends. One day his family have some problems and they dont have much money anymore. His "friends" turn their backs on him. The friends gather bandits/mercenaries and tie the MC up and make him watch as his 2 friends rape his girlfriend. They start off by telling his girlfriend that if she does not suck their dicks, they will kill the MC. So she does sucked them off. They then fuck her. After they are doen with her, they give her to the bandits and they gangbang her. After they are done they grab the MC and toss him off the cliff ..... but suddenly the MC wakes up a few years back in time. He knows whats going to happen , so he vows to never let that happen again.

Someone pls tell us the name of this shit

grandurr likes this.
  14. L0pez

L0pez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say...
    ALL OF THEM! Cause I haven't ever read any decent harem, because if it was decent, it wouldn't need harem.

But for the sake of the topic...
    "Release that Witch" has "harem" tag on site it's uploaded on despite:
    After 1400 chapters MC is still in a relationship with only one woman while he confessed about another one. He is quite serious about commitment so I see no chance of it becoming a full blown harem therefore at best it falls under your point no. 3.

@Edit Not to mention that most of your "reasons to be a bad harem" seem to me like
    "reasons not to be a damn cliche harem"

15. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Joy of Life - Saw this in spoilers of a thread "Had a nice start, gets boring later. MC is pretty bland. He''s also bordeline cuck. He let's a girl he likes become a concubine to one of his enemies and makes jokes after watching her get fondled by the enemy WTF" and, and !!! "The story ends with all of the mcs harem being raped and begging to be impregnated...."

Battle Through the Heavens - there are only 2 girls even tho there is a "harem" tag , Medusa and Xiao Xun Er

16. awake1122

awake1122 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read death of a harem member as Death March for a minute there and was really confused why it was there.
    PS it does not fit that requirement for this list and I haven't read the rest of the list as of making this comment.

17. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Invisible harem!

18. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Peerless Martial Arts

19. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, first of all, just because it has certain themes doesn't mean they are "bad". Take A Step into the Past for instance: Yes, it has NTR and betrayal from ONE girl, yes, it has some deaths and rape, but the ending has him with a happy family with 4 (or 5, can't remember) of his women that stood by him the entire time. I already made a comment on how the ntr happens - in fact, I made these comments on YOUR previous posts - https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...t-strengthening-technique.87151/#post-4954983

Second, Battle through the heaves he ends up WITH ALL the women. But it was cringe because it literally just has him show up randomly after a few years and whisks them away to live with him.

Thrid, I read that review for Joy of Life and he's a fucking idiot spreading lies.

20. awake1122

awake1122 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the closest this gets to is 6, but he also is surrounded by girls the moment there are more than 4 girls in the picture.