Question Help! My mom wants to read CN/KR novels.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Katra1212, Jun 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katra1212

Katra1212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. Let me just say that I was so surprised when my mom suddenly asked for a recommendation on how to read without paying on this app. (moboreader and novelcat).

I am long time reader of asian novels. I can def say that I've scoured the net for the best novels out there, but I was blindsided because I've never heard of those platforms. Maybe I was too reliant on novelupdates?

I really want to help her. It's the first time she's got the initiative to read, after years of me badgering her. Now, the question here is, what do you guys think is the best novel to recommed her?

She seems to like modern/contemporary romance comedy. When I checked the novels she's reading, it was those good feel books of faceslapping, definitely addictive, but affirmatively trash novels. I know it's the asian wave, the CN novel has this quality that just addicts you, but I want to expose her to something better.

What is the best romcom novel for you? It's best if it's completed.

Novela likes this.
  2. LegitPotatoXx

LegitPotatoXx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Husband With Scholar Syndrome

lazyasianscientist likes this.
  3. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww... That's def a fluffy novel. But won't the romance be too slow for a 50+ year old woman? I don't really know. Haha...

Novela likes this.
  4. LegitPotatoXx

LegitPotatoXx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know either but it is definitely a great novel. Up to you to decide. For her age she might appreciate it more?? Maybe?

5. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Hidden marriage

Blazingprincess likes this.
  6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Still wait for me is pretty good. it's the only one that I know that might be female friendly as it's not a harem novel or martial arts.
    I think Korean novel are better suited to women with their romcom novels. im sure china has a lot, but speaking about quality it very questionable as some are just bad while other start out good and start to go bad in the middle or late.

Katra1212 likes this.
  7. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    When He Comes, Close Your Eyes
    You’re Beautiful When You Smile
    Good Morning, Miss Ghost
    Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife

8. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    The golden faceslap novel. That's actually the first novel I thought, but it was just too long, so i was gonna give it last, when she's finally used to long novels.

Blazingprincess and Shaiole like this.
  10. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    moboreader and novelcat heaviliy adverstise on facebook which is what I'm guessing your mom has seen. DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO THOSE PLATFORMS because they are NEARLY PURE MTL and they charge u HEAVILY to read and you'll basically lose money to more the you keep reading.

I'd recommend novels that have already gotten a drama such as Come and Eat Shan Shan or Love O2O. These are pretty noob friendly and should serve as a good entry for beginning Chinese novel readers.

11. Sansin06

Sansin06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marriage concerto similar novels (which shows on the novel page)

12. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not let her try a Quick transmigration novel? It has a variety of genre to boot, a lot of face slapping and romance. U can choose a modern arc for the first arc of the novel.

13. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought "The CEO's Villainess Childhood Friend" was pretty good, and it's completed now. It was more face slapping than whimsical and funny, and I'm not sure how your mom feels about transmigration novels, but she might like it.

Conversely, "Rebirth on the Doors to the Civil Affairs Bureau" is more whimsical comedy and less face-slapping, and it's a rebirth story, but I'm pretty fond of it and, again, it's complete.

Sorry, this isn't my niche, so this is all I got.

14. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    She won't understand? She a newbie to everything. She said she may want to try.

That indeed a good option but they don't really delve much on the story. It's a good story as a whole but very shallow as a story. And don't even suggest bl, she doesn't know I delve into those parts. Do you know of a good world hopping BG romance that is not so tragic?

15. naviet

naviet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-on-the-doors-to-the-civil-affairs-bureau/

Fictionaddiction and Katra1212 like this.
  16. AlieAHey

AlieAHey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the Korean novels I have taken interest to are basically transmigration, and I’m not so sure your mom would understand a transmigration novel... especially when it’s to medieval times...

17. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the warning, she nearly subscribed. She was just too cheapskape so she didn't continue. Haha. Good thing. Well, she actually know I can get and read "free" novels. *cough* if you know what I mean, that's why she asked me first.

Those are indeed the best novels, unfortunately she's not into gaming. Would she understand the complexity of a gamers mindset or an esport importance to a teen when she's kinda technophopic? Until now, we were able to let her get used to tablet and phones, but never computers.

18. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough* sadly, the type of world hopping novels I read are either tragic, bl (which i recently got into), or those really long one with 1k+ chapters. :blobsob:

P.S i saw this list with completed chapters for each novel. Maybe check it out and see if you remember some good ones from these lists?

https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/9971/

19. AlieAHey

AlieAHey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did your mother read rebirth and/or transmigrated novels previously? Because you mentioned feel good, face slaps and those usually come with either rebirth and/or transmigration tags in CN novels, I think.

20. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    how old is your mom? that would help because a lot of ppl from specially my moms age or around her age have a weird dislike for fantasy and science fiction.

Katra1212 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.