Spoiler History's Strongest Senior Brother

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikleo, May 5, 2017.

1. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone read ahead here?

I just want to know if this will ever turn out like other CN novels out there with an MC wearing multiple plot armors? Or will the MC ever turn into an arrogant and mighty ass?

I really loved History's Number 1 Founder. And now, I'm reading HSSB, but then I get this impending feeling that HSSB's MC will turn out into a generic '-xia' MC... which I really hope will Not happen.

And there's no Harem here right?

2. Roxxman

Roxxman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Yan Zhao Ge has essentially always been haughty, showy and arrogant in his attitude (despite him claiming otherwise :p) But he's still like he was in the start of the story as you get to the 1100s, so it's fine.
    In terms of plot armor? Well he does kinda have the potentially strongest cultivation technique in taoism, as you've probably heard - and this does save him from a few situations. (while its not straight up OP magic artifact saves MC style tho)
    So far he's not generic MC, as of lately he's pretty much scheeming all the time and trying to plan ahead to whatever is happening in the world, and what they might face. No harem so far.

3. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I'm glad he's not a generic MC. That would've totally killed the novel. As I said, I really love the History's Number 1 Founder, so yeah, I better binge read on HSSB right away. :D

Roxxman likes this.
  4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, no harem. The only romance I've seen at around chapter 500-ish in raws is with
    Feng Yunsheng, who is best girl. They get engaged and seem to be very exclusive.

Yan Zhaoge is kinda arrogant and domineering but he's like that naturally -- he likes to look cool lol. But he never goes overboard, he only does it when it's within his capabilities. He also grinds super hard and uses his brains super hard and beats people with equipment super hard...

Okay, better to just say that he believes in over-preparation and so he's entirely justified when he beats his enemies. It's like setting an over-equipped level 100 player against a level 10 nooblet who hasn't even chosen his class yet. XD

Neyva, Mikleo and Roxxman like this.
  5. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Yan Zhaoge ever repair the Flame Devil Emperor's ring he got from Ye Jing or the Eye of the Thunder Emperor?

scriptor likes this.
  6. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed through raws for the plot lol, I didn't pay attention to names of stuff. You'd have to ask someone who was patient enough not to skim. XD

But I'd assume so for the Eye of the Thunder Emperor. Kind of doubt it for the Flame Devil Emperor's Ring because the main use of that seemed to be to get the flame techniques sealed inside.

alexfilia likes this.
  7. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading at chapter 900ish.
    The ring is used to lure the Flame Devils around when they invade, but mostly forgotten after that.
    There are unknown number of pieces of the Eye, and the MC get two more pieces as of chapter 900ish.

8. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even Lin Feng never finished that one subquest he got to gather all the Buddhist artifacts and return them to the Buddhist sect's home before Buddha himself came back and cancelled the quest. Plus, it's plenty strong enough as it is. I heard that Yan Zhaoge got a different Sacred Artifact, though? Mind sharing some info about that, if it happened within what you read?
    Makes sense. I mean, it's not like Yan Zhaoge really needs to learn the specific techniques that were locked away in the ring. All the ring ever did aside from that and reforging Ye Jing's body was to unleash some of its energy to try and resist Shi Tie (to no effect), and for that kind of thing, Yan Zhaoge already has the Eye of the Thunder Emperor.

One more question; how much time has passed by the time of the latest chapters you guys read up to? And how long is someone's lifespan even supposed to be at the Martial Grandmaster realm? Because Yuan Zhengfeng sounds like he's supposed to be pretty old, but I'm not sure how old he actually is. Same with others like Yan Di or Fu Enshu, who's supposed to be a lot older than how she looks.

9. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    As he reached Sacred level, he got a tons of low rank Sacred Artifact that I've lost count. I only remember those he frequently used, like the Dragon Palace he constructed from Divine Palace's remains (column, beam, door, alchemy-room, etc...) and tons of dragon corpses; the non-artifact bamboo stick that can depower Artifacts; the Solar Emblem left by a Super Famous Expert in the higher realm... And lastly, the Emperor Artifact (more powerful than Sacred Artifact) that everyone in the higher realm craved for.

I don't pay much attention to aging; but different realms have different Time flow.

10. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mind sharing more info about this "upper realm"? Saints are so rare in the "lower realm", such that there are currently only 8 of them known. I'm guessing there's a HECK of a lot more in the upper realm?

From what you know, how many of the characters introduced so far still remain relevant up to then? Feng Yunsheng, Sikong Qing, Ying Longtu, Ah Hu? Or Yuan Zhengfeng and the trio of Yan Di, Fang Zhun (if he turns out not to be a traitor; no need to spoil me on this one, since I think I'd like this to be a surprise), or Shi Tie? Or, heck, what about Pan-Pan, even?

It always saddens me to see these kinds of characters (an enjoyable cast) just disappear from the story because they couldn't keep up with the MC (which is why I liked HN1F a lot, as it focused quite a bit on the MC raising up his disciples and they all got quite a bit of relevance, proportionate to how close they were to being Lin Feng's "main" disciples).

11. Roxxman

Roxxman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you've read other novels of similar types, it's the realm where you usually rise to when you reach a certain realm. In the case of HSSB it is that the energy of the cultivator starts transcending what the lower realm is capable of handling (Meaning he's suppressed), not to mention that the upper realm usually is bigger and has more energy (for cultivation) a lot more saints in upper realm aswell.

Sadly, when he becomes stronger a lot of his followers is unable to keep up, but we still meet them occasionally and they stay relevant to the operation of his sect (which is 30% of the novels focus, meaning they aren't ditched). Yan Di and Feng Yunsheng is still relevant and the plot also includes them.

Neyva likes this.
  12. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea who those are...
    The elite from the sect was carried to join the sect's new branch on the higher realm. However you know how a MC is, while they have to have closed-door training, MC just went around fighting on his own. Tho' he didn't travel alone, his girl and his subordinate stayed with him inside the Dragon Palace while his panda mount carry said palace most of the time.

13. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks guys. That puts my mind somewhat at ease.

And gosh. Pan-Pan gets huge.

14. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to Yan Zhaoge's Mother?

15. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't show much as far as I read...
    • She is from the upper realm.
    • Trying to do something that half the upper realm doesn't approve, which lead to her being a "most wanted criminal" in those area.
    • Capable of seeing future of someone not related to her and not too strong (higher than Saint).
    • The "something" she does might have something to do with the numerous copies of (I forgot her name) across the multi-realms.

Neyva likes this.
  16. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happends with Heavenly Thunder Hall?
    Lin Zhou history and final?
    Is Fang Zhun a traitor?

17. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    Lin Zhou is a traditional "reincarnated into the past" character. There isn't much to say about him. He dies at chapter
    Feng Zhunsheng is going to be MC's one and only wife, and with how she is still with the MC after Sun-something's destruction, I'm 100% sure she isn't traitor.

Neyva likes this.
  18. maxx26

maxx26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please tell me what connection this has with History's Number 1 Founder apart from both being written by the same author. For example do Lin Feng or any of his disciples show up or get mentioned?

19. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably no connection at all, because the two novels have completely different system (one Xuanhuan and one Xianxia); and HN1SB's history (one whole world shattered into many realms) suggest that it can't come after HN1F (many realms).

20. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But both these points can be addressed, Demintika. Right at the beginning of HSSB, Yan Zhaoge mentioned how, after the Great Calamity, both the physiques of the people and the cultivation system they used had completely changed compared to the time before the Great Calamity. As for HN1F's setting having multiple realms, that stopped being the case right at the end when Lin Feng combined all of them into one then spent a long, long time giving seminars to everyone (the sects and those monsters, forgot whatever they were called, both) before he left to travel through the multiverse with his (literal) sword waifu.

So there aren't really any logical inconsistencies here.