Discussion how can i win my debate?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seigin, Jan 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in my school the teacher grouped us in pairs and made us draw topics she brought. some got feminism, racism, this place vs that place, pc or console, etc.
    but we draw a seriously difficult scenario (for me), it was a rich but broken family vs a poor but happy family.
    i got the short end of the stick (rich but broken family) as i was too slow to speak up.
    the novels that i read didn't even help me. as they are either don't mention the parents at all, they are happy, or poor but broken.

i can't even consider the rich but broken family to win at all in the debate.
    because for me. an ideal family is not about being rich or poor, but it must be the way they communicate with each other in harmony unlike the enmity with the rich but broken family. hell, my family is not even rich and we're not a broken family so i don't know what should i stand with. i feel like being sent to a war with a nerf gun.... halp me ples

also if you can recommend me a novel or manga with this scenario in wich i can learn is much appreciated.

2. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Maslow's Heirarchy of Need says that the basic necessities in life must be achieved/fulfilled first.

Another point though would be, in today's world, the poor mostly become poorer and the rich becomes richer so even if the poor family is happy right now, their future is more bleak. Sooner or later they might have to face a reality where being positive is not enough to get you through the day.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Kid Kayor, Cite, Ashley123 and 5 others like this.
  3. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell them that you fucked their mom
    or that their parents don't love them and he or she is adopted

Instant win

4. Seigin

Reading List:
    Link
    aylmaoooo

5. Wyrede

Wyrede Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-of-the-film-emperors-beloved-wife/
    One sample of mc in rich family, and non broken family, for comparison to other novels with broken
    Btw, for CN, try for MC that is a noble for a broken family(eg. Much fighting, much competition), modern or ancient both use same pattern

For the debate, you can accept their argument, just once, then reject everything, that usually caught them unprepared

Beltran likes this.
  6. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strategy to win any debate: Learn the basics of the subject, then lie a lot in the cracks that the opponent can't prove.

--- Approved by The Real Donald Trump

7. Seigin

Reading List:
    Link
    okok imma check it out thanks!

Beltran likes this.
  8. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "As long as I can kiss enough ass till their dead... I'll be rich enough to start my own family." :blobowoevil_horns:

Make sure you get some devil horns for the cosplay debate. :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

9. Seigin

Reading List:
    Link
    but i'm a brutally honest person tho :V

10. RedvsBlack

RedvsBlack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is this like benefits of having a rich but broken family?

11. Seigin

Reading List:
    Link
    against a poor but happy family. and yes. as i need to convince my opponent

12. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Happiness is sh*t if you are poor.
    You have big house, big car, big wife, big maid.
    No need to think about debt, hunger or happiness.
    Empty heart is the way to go in this day.
    You can play all day and have hundred mistress.

Wow, what a broken family. But you have to believed that you are in the right because you get the topic.

But I definitely don't want to lives like this. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seigin likes this.
  13. Seigin

Reading List:
    Link
    definitely so.....

fuzor100 likes this.
  14. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Blackmail.

works for me. :aww:

15. Governator

Governator Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My main focus point would be

"Rich but broken family can communicate to fix itself. Happy but poor family has to fight the world to become rich."

Relationships are not a given, they are built slowly, and with enough effort it is possible to get them right.
    Money doesn't drop for effort. No matter how hard you clean those streets, it won't make you a millionaire.

So, in your example, willingness to admit that there's a problem and effort to fix it allows to be both rich and happy. In the other case, happy will stay happy, but won't be rich.

Can a truly poor family be ever happy when they can't satisfy their needs?

It is not even a real life scenario, where bills exist. For some reason, it is generally assumed that a happy but poor family has a house to live in and meals - but they are already not poor if they do. Talk about how assumptions skew the view, and "poor" is imagined as "having base needs barely satisfied" which is far from real powerty when you don't have food, water, heating, access to transport or education and therefore a better life.

Blitz, Kid Kayor, Ashley123 and 4 others like this.
  16. macy2

macy2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont know any mange or series that you'll be able to draw positive from.
    But, before delveing into external sources to draw your argument from. Start from the basics.

Firstly, yeah, you got one extremely short end of the stick. But what is the goal of the debate? What is your ultimate goal? You might not win the war and change the perception of all those in the room, but often in debates you're not suppose to.

Second, define 'rich but broken'. According to your post you got an image in your head already. But is the image all there is? Relationships and society are complex. Maybe you are setting invisible boundaries of 'rich and broken' before you even started. Look beyond it, there are no concrete definitions.

Thirdly, forget your side. What about the other? They got a strong lead already, but what are the cons of 'poor and happy'? Think past, present, and future. Think psychological, socioeconomical, think beyond the boundaries that you also has set for the other side (and they for themselves). If you can't build a stong argument for yourself, undermine theirs.

Remember debates arent only about win/lose. Your teacher is probabaly also marking on critical thinking, questions and answers, flexibility (you are way too rigid rn), how you conduct yourself, and etc.
    You have been given a war to lose (sorry, its inevitable) but that doesnt mean you'll lose the battle for sure.

See @Governator message above? That's an excellent example of what you arent doing rn. Think broadly. You're too focused on the surface of the problem. Too rigid and narrow.

Cite, Ashley123, Beltran and 3 others like this.
  17. FoolishCarp

FoolishCarp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    easy, just argue for all the good things that comes with wealth, undermine mental health, maybe even relate the broken family to allow the family to gain independ thoughtprocess and etc

18. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Money runs the world. No money means no food, no clothing and no house.

Sooner or later the poor family will die due to lack of necessities. While even though the rich family is broken, they are rich and able to buy anything to make them happy.

19. Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *ben shapiro intensifies*

Seigin likes this.
  20. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    List out cost of living,
    education- which translate to a possibility of brighter future
    healthcare - list out price of a surgery, childbirth, funeral(im serious dont die if no money)

a lot of the problem can be solved with money,
    and problem that can be solved with money is not a problem,