Discussion how can i win my debate?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seigin, Jan 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    -If being poor is happiness, then why all people working so hard? It's better to stay poor! No need to study hard and find a good job!
    -Being rich is a dream. Everyone included poor people dream to become rich!
    -Ask your classmate if they have a dream of living poor happy family. If there is, quit your studying and go find wife if you can get one! No girls want poor husband!
    -Poor people don't have internet. People in this generation can't lived without internet unless you lived in area without one from the get go!

This is just a debate. Living honesty and humble is the way to go.:blobpeek:

Beltran likes this.
  2. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    oof

3. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Governator @wilico98
    Not at all. All the OP needs to do is to introduce himself with: "This was a really interesting though really difficult subject, since I didn't agree with a lot of what I researched for the debate, and a lot of what I did find sort of disgusted me." Naturally, YMMV.

4. Ilisle

Ilisle Lord of the Northern Guards

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm ok, so right now, you'll want to find out more about the subject.

First you need to give out the reason for why, you think you are right.
    Then you need to support your position, by either using:
    -facts
    -comparisons
    -logic
    -exemples
    -testimonies
    -etc... can't remember what else

Now, it should be your opponent's turn.
    Listen carefully the reason he gives out and the supporting facts.

Use what he says to return agaisn't him.
    You can:
    1. Agree with him on a point, but then say why what he says prooves you right or it contradicts his argument
    ex: I agree with you that we must eat chocolate because of it's X blabla, but you forget that chocolate also makes our blood pressure rise
    2.Say that he's an idiot to believe x thing or whatever (say he's dumb)(pretty sure your prof don't accept that sort of tactic)
    3.Give an opposing exemple
    4.Use logic
    etc...

Or just say that you disagree on X factor with him

Whatever, i alot of things i forgot, but ya...

Lonelycity likes this.
  5. Governator

Governator Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grief happiness does exist, and being drunk on power is a kind of happiness too. They are not socially acceptable, but they do exist. For example, think about reasons reasons why people laugh at videos where someone gets hurt really bad (that dude dropped off a skateboard who actually broke his leg). But it looked funny, right? Why?

That is, however, not socially acceptable type of happiness and therefore shouldn't be talked about. Although the argument is right, and rich people CAN be genuinely happy by causing others misery (not even due to jealousy or whatever).

It's the same as bringing zoophilia into a love debate. Eww, right? But those people may genuinely love the animals. It's just that it is not an acceptable notion - therefore should never be used. But it does exist, because the world is not as perfect as we imagine it to be.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  6. wilico98

wilico98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is you will introduce this argument with something like this" I can even, if I want, destroy a happy but poor family with money" then they will answer "but why, why would you do that, if they don't have anything?" then it doesn't matter what you say be it "cause I can, or cause I wanted" because everyone listening will draw their conclusions already, this is not a debate between two specific families but in general a happy and poor and a broken and rich, being able to destroy a family is not as important as to why would you destroy a family

Governator likes this.
  7. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, this reminds me of something.

a0af85a74a1919151550fb89493bf19a.jpg

Seigin likes this.
  8. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you have to win? Just explain your side, that's enough.
    If you wanna BS you can go with, rich but broken family can mend relations, has money for meds,education and any hobby they wish for or perhaps going pro in some sport or startup career that requires funding, seperate flats so everyone can make their own families if they're so dissatisfied with their current one.

Seigin likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The best way to win your debate is to lose it.
    Life is really that simple.

Long version : find all the points against your stance and reverse engineer them. This is a good opportunity to sharpen your whataboutism skills for fighting with your significant other in the future

Beltran, Lonelycity and Seigin like this.
  10. Seigin

Reading List:
    Link
    Fighting with my inner other self oof

Beltran and Lonelycity like this.
  11. RedvsBlack

RedvsBlack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately, I grew up with a couple rich kids. I'm going to start giving you a couple suggestions but I do have one question, what country are you in?

First, alot of rich people hire someone to take care of their children so they don't have to deal with them so although you may not have a good family you can have a good surrogate family. One of my friends stills spends holidays with his old nanny years after he became an adult. Second, since there's extra money you'll be able to explore more hobbies. Third, it can help you develop a sense of independence. In a broken family you'll spend more time on your own.

Now all these things have downsides. There are a number of complexes people can develop, but just put a good spin on them it'll work out

I can't tell you how to debate because the way I do it doesn't work for everybody. I'll just say I'm a chess player and I love the poison pawn.

Seigin and Lonelycity like this.
  12. Seigin

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's just say in SEA