Discussion How do you F that up!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by prongsjiisan, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Bunbun3

Bunbun3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although this isn't about me, my brother went to school wearing his pants inside out and no one told him until he realised when he changed his clothes when he got back home lol.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  2. Boricua Lunar

Boricua Lunar The Jaded Wangfei Inquisitive Polymath

Reading List:
    Link

Oh honey, with a rookie where there is a will there is a way. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

The best rookies are the ones that bullshit their way with the explanations. I've seen lots of that (perhaps committed a few myself??) and been amazed at how the boss swallows them hook, line and sinker.

3. Bunbun3

Bunbun3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My poor hatchlings have died........................................................................
    //cries to death

4. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What o-o
    Do you think I will remind in a company like that???

Thought Im really glad I resigned :blob_grin: my monthly salary rise from 1700$ to 8k $ :blobmelt:

5. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    I got two good ones from when I was working as lvl2 helpdesk for a big NAS company :

1 _ A somewhat poorly competent but well acquainted exec in the office wasn't able to start his computer, and as a new temp worker they send me there... After hearing him ranting about virus or other stuff that wasn't at all corresponfing with his problem (when pushing the power button the computer didn't start), I verified how he plugged it and found that he had connected the power strip on itself... The hardest part was to tactfully explain the issue as he was akin to a real life young master...

2 _ As Lvl2 I was sent client with problems that Lvl 1 wasn't able to solve, and I got a very nice and polite old man that had a weird issue with a fancy single disk NAS that was shutting off at random time for no well explained reason (remplaced the powerboard, remplaced the HDD, remplaced the whole NAS with a brand new one, plugged it on another room, tested for electric/thermal issues, etc...). And after a few months of back and forth we finally received a nicely handwritten excuse letter explaining that his cat was shutting off the disk by hitting the blue led decorated power button when his master wasn't in the room...

6. DSKM

DSKM The Demonic Angel (Ko's Twin)

Reading List:
    Link
    You need the MIB to fix this mess and flash every single person that day or flash you and make you a new identity

7. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    Rookie made a speech.
    Rookie led the project.
    Rookie fucked up.
    Rookie was me. FML.
    Rookie no longer Rookie. Yay!

8. Selothar

Selothar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Friend of mine went to Walmart to get an oil change for his car. Only he paid them and left, but Walmart didn't even put the oil in car.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, well, it's probably my mentality of someone currently jobless... I would never quit until I guaranteed a job somewhere else...

I guess it changes when you're in a better position.
    That second one... Good thing it was a reasonable person...

Slayerwolfx2 and digitalreader like this.
  10. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a time when I was installing residential air conditioner. When the so called lead tech spent twice as long finding a short along the low voltage side between the furnace and the AC. But I had to come in and solve it in two seconds. The dumb a$$ forget to wire the thermostat right. So he spent hours and hours tracing the power up to the attic of a three story house in insulation. I should have done everything myself in the first place.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  11. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to have my tires rotated at a Jiffy Lube. They come back telling me that it couldn't be done. I take my car to a different service center just across the street a few days later and they tell me that there's a chance that attempting to remove the tire would break the bolt.

I say do it.

The bolt breaks and I'm on the hook for replacing the assembly that attaches the tire to the axle.

The moral: Jiffy Lube couldn't rotate my tires because right when they started to pull it off, that dumbass that was working on my car didn't check which direction the power tool was spinning and ended up over-tightening the bolt instead of removing it. Instead of taking the risk to reverse what they had done, they just left it as is and pretended that they didn't do anything.

12. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    3 days spent debugging a circuit with people dropping in saying oh, you just have one small error there. It's no big deal. 3 days later we find out the breadboard was broken and there was no error.

Slayerwolfx2 and prongsjiisan like this.
  13. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    im about doing one riiiight now with my school project ... i think i broke the code of the main program and i cant get the backup as that would delete 15hrs of work ....

the debugger cant find it either so im really stuck :(

static7s and prongsjiisan like this.
  14. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Had a chainsaw come into the shop person said it was brand new and it would not cut idiot had the chain on backwards

prongsjiisan and digitalreader like this.
  15. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There aren't many web designer in my country so its the best paying job in here owo

But try harder and find a good job~

prongsjiisan likes this.
  16. drealicious

drealicious Macho man's wifey

Reading List:
    Link
    I once asked my prof if we were going to cover a certain topic in the coming exam. She looked at me hard and said that the said exam has just finished. Turned out I forgot what day it was.
    I can't even retake the exam by feigning sickness as I practically told my prof that I forgot about it.

17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh, then you chose a good career! Ah, forgot to say on the last post, gz on the huge increase in salary! \(^^)/

I'm gonna work hard! ^^)7

... A good job is a bit harder though... :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  18. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i work at this restaurant/event place in this big collage town in North Carolina USA. Most people living here (not students) work at the university or the hospitals affiliated with the colleges. Any way we get lots of customers from all over who visit the universities. There was a big office party based in Singapore that booked like an 80-100 person event. After emailing back in forth going over tons of details from what food and drinks we could serve they never showed. Next day at the office, there is an angry message left at 4 am about how they went to the restaurant and they had no clue about their party. It turns out there was a restaurant with the same name in Singapore...(we gave them your deposits back and tried to explain that we weren’t the restaurant they went too...their reaction...)

Lesson learned: never book a party without meeting the client in person

Slayerwolfx2, zenla and prongsjiisan like this.
  19. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah Jiffy Lube. My brother had a free oil change from them and they put holes in his a/c unit (his car had the unit in a strange spot compared to most cars or something), which cost around $1k to replace. He's in the process of taking them to court.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  20. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I said How do you F that up!!

Lol that's how veteran is made

:blobfearful:

:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

:facepalm::facepalm:

:blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:
    and how the progam was recorded

aww damn that was so messed up

Get the hell out of there!!

:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely: poor rookie

:aww::aww::aww::aww: oh I miss those duty

Moral of story check and recheck!!

and how did the pc turn on