Discussion How long can you avoid your responsibilities?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by leo.d., May 4, 2020.

1. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I said
    I didn't say it would happen that way. Rather than talking about what the law would decide (which I assume would be you having to take responsibility) I was talking about my own opinion on the matter. In which case, #1 does matter. It's also my opinion that everyone has to take responsibility for the things they caused, even more so if it was knowingly/willingly. According to that, #1 would mean that since the only possibility of you getting a woman pregnant would be by getting tricked by her, you won't have to assume responsibility since it's neither knowingly nor willingly, and she was the one who knowingly and willingly caused it. Get what I mean?
    Opinion and personal ethics, not what would happen according to the law

2. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if we're just limiting it to personal morals & ethics, I would note that I still consider #1 irrelevant because I cannot, in good conscience, argue that my desires regarding whether or not a child is carried to term should override the desires of the person who would actually have to carry out whatever was decided.
    My objections to her deciding my fate for me must, inherently, apply equally to me deciding her fate for her.
    At least until such time as a viable "Exo-womb" type technology becomes technologically, economically, & socially feasible.

3. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we aren't even talking about the same thing anymore here? #1:
    This had nothing to do with your wish to keep or not keep the child. It's about to which degree you'd be responsible (according to my own personal ethics). Your desires regarding whether or not the child is carried to term weren't even mentioned in this? They also have nothing to do with #2, just in case. Not saying that generally isn't important, it just had nothing to do with the specific topic at hand: whether or not and under which circumstances it would be fair for you to have to pay child support.

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    miko, been running away for 15 years
    muahahaha.png
    that aside~
    seem none? oh~ this cat need to laundry, clean house basically some house chore for 2 day but too lazy~
    both awake.png