Spoiler How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord - LF general story spoiler

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LegionUnderground, Nov 14, 2018.

1. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,

Like the last time i wanted to ask if someone read How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord / Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu and could tell me if it would fit as happy/fluffy harem story :x

I saw this novel before, but since i hate sad stuff and girls that suffer in general i avoided reading it. But i just saw the anime recently and it was kinda positive overall. There died some gild members and soldiers, but no "named" person and specially no woman. Well, the brother of the elf died, but i'm totally fine about that ass dying... :p I'm still not a fan of the slave market that was shown shortly but it was kinda "fine" because (at least in the anime) it wasn't so dark. So i wanted to ask if someone read the novel and could tell me if the story getting darker? If there is Polygamy development? And if there is stuff to worry about in general.

Btw. sry for those threads, i'm just really sensible with sad stuff, thats why try to ask beforehand if something like that appears in novels that i think about reading :x If possible i try to ask someone directly who wrote a review about the novel but sadly thats not always possible (here: Only mllhild read up to volume 8 and he wasn't online for a long time)

Thanks already in advance =D

2. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Noone read this novel? :x Or is it just the wrong forum? Mhh, i guess with so many bad reviews its probably the first reason :/

3. midnight reader

midnight reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, you're on the right forum, it's just difficult to get an answer if you don't tag some users.
    Anyway you can find spoilers and reviews on the comment section at the end of the page
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/isekai-maou-to-shoukan-shoujo-dorei-majutsu/
    I hope you can find what you search there.
    The rating isn't really positive Rating (3.5 / 5.0, 476 votes)
    I've read the manga for a bit but didn't like it :(

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    LegionUnderground likes this.
  4. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    @midnight reader thanks for the answer ^^ i always read the comments first (i am in general REALLY bad with sad stuff, so i nearly never read a story without spoilering myself a bit). But i couldn’t find much in the comments there ^^

But i posted the same thread again in the novel discussion section and got some great help there =D
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...-lf-general-story-spoiler.76954/#post-4486829

Regarding the novel: It's ok... i really hate that he still acts like the demon king, even after 8 Volumes, and that there isn’t really PROGRESS in the romance... there is some stuff happening, but nothing that i personally would consider as romance... but nothing really sad happened so far and since there is at least something that you COULD maybe call romance-like... it's fine ^^ sadly i just don't have other stuff to read atm ^^

midnight reader likes this.
  5. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @LegionUnderground I was curious if you could clear up something for me Horn refuses the MS contract ... than accepts it... but she leaves in Volume seven.. is she still bound by it or ? Just a bit confused. As well as is Alicia released/saved from her enslavement?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  6. YuexHajime101

YuexHajime101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me if he’s likely to marry other people besides Rem and Shera?