Spoiler How to Get My Husband on My Side -남편을 내 편으로 만드는 방법

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ShugoTenshi, May 24, 2021.

1. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    she did lol after all that she did she only ended up losing out on the romance part and is still honorable even tho she set up FL multiple times

TrinaAngel, its0k, Le_Tired and 5 others like this.
  2. twilight_123

twilight_123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean...Pls read the novel properly...She's mentally and physically abused so much...
    Then she just smiles to hide all her pain behaving that she is perfectly fine n she hasn't been abused once...She is a type of person who doesn't trust anyone even though they treat her well example- ML's Sis Ellenia...
    Yes she is smart but has to act like she is a dumb person so that she can survive coz that's the only...Otherwise she will get killed...
    She clings on the ML atleast she can earn a bit of trust acting in any type way whether acting pitful or crying...And u can't expect ML to fall for something like love at frist sight as she is from the enemy's family and who can trust a person from her family...also ML could not express his feelings after his mother commited suicide...

Neither can she run away as her family and her brother have spies set up

I'm sorry if I am being rude and I apologize...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  3. Black7

Black7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all it's my perspective and different person have different so u don't have to apologize.U just see the world differently from mine . I'm that type of person who judge others in( what way he/she talking with me or he/she is rude towards me or not.I see others personality on the basis how he/she treated me I don't see Their personality as how that person treat others or same as me).Well first of all read all my post then reply it bcz I have wrote this post after reading spoiler on the basis of (1-58chapter of novel) at that time indeed I have not finished the novel so I don't know about the whole scenario and ml's rude personality towards fl just pissed me off at that time bcz from chapter (1-58 ml's personality towards Mc was rude and after that I have dropped this series now you all are telling me why you're bashing ml. When at that time I have literally read the half of the novel so my perspective abt him just based on first half of novel.Yeah I know many people will tell to me that he is rude to others also but there were few incidents in which I was mad at him first bcz of Freya our Mc lost at forest when he was mad at her, I know he was worried abt her but here his foul mouth is the biggest problem.I further wrote it down that I want in these type of story a person who is cheerful and free spirited as Ml so that he could revive our Fl's fear and angst from which she was suffering but we have cold and foul mouthed ml bcz of this story required lot of chapter and character development .Well what I could even say abt ml when it was already decided by author so it's just ridiculous.That's all.I hope u understand my POV at that time when I was literally at the half of novel and I have not edited my comment after that also.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    Le_Tired, twilight_123 and your crush like this.
  4. twilight_123

twilight_123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand and also respect ur POV and perspective...We all have our different views and opinions...So we all view in a different way...:blobsmilehappy:...

Le_Tired and Black7 like this.
  5. Mmanggae

Mmanggae Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i tried to MTL 115 but since its MTL, please forgive me if it doesn't make sense...T^T

"That's how you came to us. Until the beginning, I was just...... It would have been obvious without having to explain it. Now that I’m here, I will refrain from talking nonsense about how I really feel. Such a personality is bad, and it won't work anyway. But what should I say? My wife always hit me in the back of my head."

"...What?"

"It was unexpected every time. As a result, at some point, for some reason, such crap and nonsense begin to come out. I'm sorry. I talked too much. As I get older, I tend to get sidetracked. My eyes get blurred."

"………."

"I was confident that I could see through anything in its essence, but it was always just a misjudgment of an arrogant old man. This is why cheeky children cannot trust their father.”

“Father.”

He took a deep breath.
    Father, who seemed to turn his head and pour out a loud cough, looked at me with a slight flinch on his rock-like shoulders.

"Please do not say that. Father is one of the few people who has seen me better than anyone else."

Of course. I vividly remembered the conversation we had next to the stable the other day. The father's expression, which had been urging his son to have hope.

I see. Now I know understand.

Unlike at the time when it was just absurd and cramped, now everything feels clear to me. I can vaguely know what Duke Omerta was really worried about at that time, and what kind of connection it had with the late duchess, who had nothing in common with me other than an eating disorder.

In a way, I should thank Cesare. If it weren't for that incident, I probably wouldn't have been able to break the shell and come out.

As the years passed, I realised it was very late. When I looked back regrettably, the love that seemed like it would never change may have already turned into love-hate that was worn out and broken by an unrequited mask.

Even if we held on late and revealed too late in return, we would have only hurt each other. As much as it seemed to last forever, it would never have returned to its original state. You must have been trapped in a bubble of madness as you were swept away by such stormy love and hate. Mother must have been so sick.
    If my anorexia was about control, maybe Mother wanted to turn back time.

To return to the younger and more delicate girl, driven by a desperate desire to go back to that time when she just met a paladin with red eyes full of passion and adoration... … . Of course, this is all just my guess.

But looking at it, the decisive thing happened in the crime stable, both Izek and his father. Is this stable a good place? [sorry i don't know what this means :<]

"You said I looked like I was struggling with life and death. You know now that you've seen it properly."

“………”.

"Among the many commotion of this festival...… What Cardinal Valentino did to me before the mirror room was unimaginable, but it's true that he desperately tried to escape anyway. I am also guilty. Without believing in Iz, i tried to used him. No, should I say that we realized about each other too late? As a result, I left him an irreversible wound."

"My Lady...."

"If I were in the same situation, I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it, but rather, I'd like to say that I've misunderstood father. Despite all this, I didn't expect you to be ridiculously magnanimous and affectionate, I was really surprised."

"......coff, coff" [he's embarrassed XD]

Among the rather rough coughs, a murmur of "What kind of affection?" rang. I stopped smiling. From the bottom of my heart.

"If you were to answer the question I asked you then, I would like to tell you that you don't have to worry anymore. You can relax."

There was a moment of silence. During the long silence, father slowly turned away from me, and soon he began to stared out the window.

It was like that for so long without moving, it made me wonder what rose above the sea.

"Father....?"

“······Ahem, we decided to keep the your secret talents between the left and right regions confidential for the time being. You know that meeting the spoiled young dragon will also take place under thorough security. If one of them drinks alcohol and started making noise somewhere else, they will be committing a terrible crime of violating their duty or name"

“…….”.

"Oh, I forgot the most important thing. I came here to ask this question. This raid made the Erendil, as well as Angbanc Palace, very bloody, and if the cardinal Valentino was behind it, there must have been someone who helped. God would laugh at us if he believed that the Temple of Erendil is what it looks like. Anyway, do you know where and what the jerk is doing?"

"Yes, but I don't know if it's still in Erendil. He's been a loyal subject for a long time. As soon as the situation broke out, it was clear that he would have returned to Romagna with Cardinal Valentino, but he said , "Hmm, I don't think he could have done that. But,·····."

"yes?"

"It's nothing." Then let's talk about the details gradually with my son who thinks he's the only coolest in the world, and just focus on resting well without thinking about anything right now."

The world's coolest? I gently closed my open jaw, and suddenly smiled at the thought of something passing through my mind.

"Father?"

The duke, who was finally freed from the cute armchair and walked coolly, looked back at me. A strange embarrassment spread over the solemn face staring at the smiling inner face.

"Yes?"

"Thank you. In many ways."

“………”.

"By the way, Father. Can you just call me Ruby from now on? Please talk comfortably."

My father didn't say anything for a moment. Of course, if you accept it as it is, it will be strange. However, as soon as I thought it would be good if I could develop slowly and step by step, Father, who was staring at me with a intense look as if he suddenly remembered anything angry, suddenly said,

"Oh, by the way. I sent the maid somewhere else." (Ellen’s nanny)

“……yes?”

"I sent her to my relative's house in a distant land."

“……why”

"I don't know about that either. My daughter suggested that. I don't know if it was a late puberty or something, so I just told her I got it."

This, this is a bit unexpected and shocking news. He sent the maid away? Elenia's nanny and loyal woman who looked like with an iron heart?

And Ellenia suggested that first? It's an unbelievable change, but did something happen? I thought he'd ask me if I know the reason, but my father just scratched his beard and added it for the last time.

"Okay? You'll have a lot of work to do after. The housekeeping here is also under Ruby's jurisdiction."

“······oh, Father, just now....”

"So, take a good rest. Ahem!

At the end of that, my father suddenly left. I lay flat on the bed for a while and grabbed my confused head.

No, why is the maid! How…! It's such a waste! I was planning to fight a thrilling head-to-head fight with that wicked human in my own way, but of course, I was relieved that she disappeared on her own.

However, it was just surprising and embarrassing because it was an unexpected incident. I can't guess at all what happened to the progress. Ellenia thought it would never happen, or just wanted to distance herself from those who were too close to her in a complicated situation?

"Madam, should I bring you a new tea? Is there anything you would like to eat separately?"

Ronja, there's nothing to be surprised about because she was originally like that, but Lucille seems to get more and more sassy as time goes on.

Are you happy that the head maid is gone? Even if she's gone, it's unlikely that Lucille, who is still young and only three years old, will become the new head maid. Have you not realised yet that you must give up your greedy plan to rip jewels from me? I didn't think she was that stupid.

“You know, Lucille."

“Yes, My Lady?”

“I will not give you any thing any more. “

Lucille, who was diligently cleaning the cold teacup, looked around this way, spitting out a slightly grumpy and half playful word. The wide-eyed face entertained the eyes. She grabbed her heart as if she were surprised or scared. I giggled at her expression.

"I'm not going to give you anything other than your fixed salary. So you can stop serving me."

“….. Wh..what are you saying… I never meant to ask for such thing, My Lady!”

“Really?”

“…..”

“…..”

“O..of course, if you do give it to me, it will be a blissful thing, but even if you don’t, there is nothing I…”

One of our greedy Lucilles stuttered and blushed. And for a moment, I was caught up in the question of why the humans here are all so alike. Consistency isn't necessarily a bad thing.

"Well, very rarely, you and Ronja will be rewarded when you do something well. Don't expect anything other than that."

“Yes I understand, My Lady!”

Unsurprisingly, it was Lucille, who smiled broadly and bowed her head, as if she had been embarrassed when, despite the fact that she had nailed it in the dark.

Terrible. It's unchanging, it's clear. Do I have to be honest with you?

It's a bit overly honest, but it's kind of a sentimental thing. After drinking the tea that Lucille brought, I seems to have fallen asleep again.

A big salute to all translators, even if its MTL.. many of my brain cells died trying to make sense out of it.. Anyway, I'm glad that Ruby is slowly opening up to her new family :') she deserved so much..

6. Kuroneko_Cat

Kuroneko_Cat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the translations! I truly appreciate it ::blobcatsmile::

AnniePoo likes this.
  7. Mmanggae

Mmanggae Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your kind words!

Kuroneko_Cat likes this.
  8. Futarisaison

Futarisaison Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can somebody spoil me about Ruby's pregnancy? Are Izek and Ruby happy?

9. razufa

razufa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's wait patiently for the next chapter to be mtl ed
    Pfftt.. I can't wait huft <3
    Whoever you're, so many thanks from me to you puahahaha >///<

luliibunny and feendaisy like this.
  10. RedRuchi

RedRuchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with the first point, in many NU spoiler threads, when retelling a story point or just telling what they hate or how they hate a character (it is mostly ML), people forgot to put disclaimer when they are putting their own bias or interpretation of it. I have been very annoyed by this which makes me more grateful to many people who puts unbiased TL and add disclaimer when expressing a point or their own view.
    It sometimes feel like a ranting session on how much they hate portrayal of a character while everyone have their own choices of what to read or what characters or stories they like to read. “Disclaimer” is a nice way to avoid the whole long passage for someone who would like to refer to TLs or story points only.

11. Arcrea

Arcrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. It was sweet. That moment when Izek shows he's still jealous of the dragon. And Ruby's first laugh. It feels like I can't just get enough. It was funny how much he's holding back because Ruby is still in the process of recuperating.

I'm really loving this novel. Despite all the angst. Well, time to reread it all over again.

Again thank you so much

Amanda16, VNikaT and Mmanggae like this.
  12. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm dropping a TL (yea...TL, not MTL) of Chs 115-117
    This is a collaboration between @ltsanchai and me with:

ltsanchai: korean raws & mtl provider
    Le_Tired: translator

We don't mean to double post, but it was already in the works before the other chapters dropped and thought, well, might as well let them see the light of day.....This is our first attempt of working side by side and my first time of TLing an MTL. For some reason, the novel is particularly hard to decipher, compared to some of the other works i've read w/ an auto translator, and I totally wouldn't have had the motivation to do a TL in the first place without ltsanchai's MTLs.

Also, while in the process of doing this, I was trying to find the proper spelling of Elenia / Ellenia
    it seems that Elenia seems to be the correct spelling and it means "torch" (from ancient Greek) and "beautiful", "light", "bright", and "shining" (from ancient Greek = sun/sunlight/sunshine). It's kind of cool that that's her name, I wonder how intentional that was on the author's part

I'm pretty satisfied with the results but I will also put a short statement here:
    We both don't speak any korean, but I speak -insert asian language- and use my experience of looking at how grammar structure of that language looks like when converted to English and how certain words don't necessarily have an english equivalent but can be replaced with something similar to that.

Chapter 115: Duke Omerta (father!!) & Ruby's heart to heart; EDIT: “mother” she’s referring to is the Duchess. She refers to Duke Omerta as “father” as well. I changed it to “Duchess” for the sake of clarity
    Chapter 115 - conversation between Ruby & Duke Omerta

“That’s how you came to us. You were placed in a complicated situation from the very beginning. That would have been obvious even if I didn’t explain it. Now, I will refrain from saying anything about my true feelings of this situation. It’s a bad habit and it’s not helpful. But what can I say? My wife had to always knock some sense into me.

“...Yes?”

“I mean, this whole time, the situation had been unexpected. So at some point, somehow, for some reason...Damn it, I’m starting to say nonsense again. I’m afraid that some things slip past me as I’m getting older. My eyes are not as sharp as they used to be.”

“...”

“I was confident that I could understand the true essence of anything but it was always just bad judgment on the part of an arrogant, old man. It’s why the children brazenly doubted their noble father.”

“Father.”

She took a deep breath and called out.

Duke Omerta, who had turned his head and coughed loudly, shrugged his sturdy shoulders and looked at me.

“Don’t say that. Father is one of the few people who can understand me better than anyone else.”

Of course.

I vividly remember a conversation we had the other day by the stables.

The expression on the Duke’s face who had been wondering whether there was any hope for his son.

I see. Now I know.

Unlike those ridiculous, suffocating days, everything feels clear to me now.

At that time, it seemed that the Duke of Omerta was really worried, he had vague suspicions that I had more in common with the deceased Duchess other than an eating disorder.

In a way, I have to thank Cesare.

Without that fuss, I probably would have walked on eggshells forever.

As time passed, I realized and regretted very late that the unconditional love present might have devolved into a disastrous relationship over time because I was already tired and overwhelmed by the steep cost of my facade.

It would have been too late even if we held on and loved each other at the end, we would have only hurt each other. Though it seemed like our love would last forever, it would have never been able to recover. We would have been trapped into a state of madness as we were swept away by the turbulent feelings of love and hate.

The Duchess’s illness must have been similar to mine.

If my anorexia originated from my desire to have control over life, maybe hers originated from wanting to turn back time.

To when she was a smaller, weaker girl and her red eyes were filled with passion and adoration. She desperately desired to return to that time when she just met a paladin…

Of course, this is all just my own speculation.

Meanwhile, Izek and the Duke had also reached an understanding unexpectedly at the same location, the stables.

Are the stables a good place for these conversations?

“Father, you said I looked like I was struggling with matters of life and death. You know now after you’ve seen it properly.”

“...”

“Among the various disturbances of this festival, what Cardinal Valentino did to me at the mirror room was unimaginable, but it’s true I was also desperately trying to avoid talking about my problems in the first place. So the guilt is mine. Because I didn’t trust Iz every time and tried to deceive him instead. No, should I say that we understood each other much too late…? As a result it left him with a permanent scar.”

“Madam…”

“If anyone was in a situation like mine, they could try to make excuses, but rather than that, I want to tell you that I have misunderstood, father. I’m really surprised that Izek is being so incredibly generous and friendly despite all of this.”

“...That’s great.”

He stood for a long time without moving, it made me wonder what he was thinking about.

“Father….?”

“...Hmm, we decided to keep Madam’s hidden talents confidential from the northern and southern regions for the time being. You know that if you want to meet with the young dragon from now on, it will have to be under supervision. If anyone is stupid enough to talk about what happened to others, they will inevitably be charged with the crime of violating the royal command.”

“...”

“Oh, I forgot the most important thing. I was originally here to ask this question. This raid made Erendil, as well as the palace, extremely chaotic, and if Cardinal Valentino was behind it, there must have been someone who assisted him. God would laugh at us if he saw the current state of the Temple of Erendil. By the way, do you know what the heck the Cardinal is doing with that ignorant bastard (Pietro)?”

“Yes, but I don't know if he’s still in Erendil. He’s been a loyal subject of his for a long time. As soon as the situation broke out, he must have returned to Romagna with the Cardinal.”

“Hmm, I don’t think so, but…”

“Yes?”

“No, it’s nothing. I will inform my son since he wants to take care of everything on his own and don’t think about anything for now, just focus on getting a good rest.”

What in the world…?

I gently closed my gaping mouth then smiled at the thought that suddenly flashed through my head.

“Father?”

The duke, who finally arose from the delicate armchair and was about to walk away, stopped and looked back at me. A strange feeling of embarrassment spread across the solemn face that stared at my smiling face.

"Is there something else...?"

"Thank you. I mean it in more ways than one."

"......"

"By the way father, can you just call me Ruby from now on? Please address me comfortably."

The Duke didn’t say anything for a moment.

Of course, it would have been strange if he immediately accepted it.

However, as soon as I thought it would be better if I could just take it slowly and approach it step by step, the Duke, who was staring at me with a fierce look as if he suddenly remembered something upsetting suddenly said:

"Oh, by the way. I sent the chief maid somewhere else."

"...Yes?"

"I sent her to my relative's house on a distant land."

"...Oh, why?"

"I don't know about that either. My daughter suggested that I nip it in the bud before it’s too late so I just said ok.”

This is a bit of unexpected, shocking news.

You sent the maid away?

Elenia’s fiercely loyal nanny?

Elenia suggested that first?

It's an unbelievable change, but did something happen?

I thought he would ask me if I had any reason to question it, but the Duke just scratched his beard and added one last thing.

“Okay? You'll have a lot of work to do after I leave. The management of the household will also be under Ruby’s jurisdiction.”

"Well, father, just now..."

"So take a good rest. Hm!"

After that, the Duke suddenly left.

I laid flat on the bed for a while and collected my thoughts

No, why is the maid...! How the hell...! This is so sad and pointless!

I was planning a thrilling head to head confrontation with that wicked human being in my own way, but of course, I was relieved that she disappeared on her own.

However, it was surprising and bewildering because this was unexpected.

I can't even imagine what the hell happened.

Was it because I thought Ellenia would never do that? Or did she want to distance herself from the people she was close to in the meantime because of the complicated situation?

“Madam, should I bring out a new cart? Is there anything you want to eat separately?”

It’s not surprising that Ronya was originally agreeable but it was strange that it felt like Lucille seemed to be warmer and friendlier.

Is she happy that the former chief maid is gone?

Even if she’s gone, it’s unlikely that Lucille, who is still young and has only been here for three years, will become the new chief maid, so why was she so happy?

Has she not realized yet that she must give up her greedy plan of receiving more jewels from me?

I didn’t think she was that stupid.

“You know, Lucille.”

“Yes, madam?”

"I will not be giving you anything anymore."

Lucille, who had been diligently cleaning out the cold teacup, looked astounded.

Her wide-eyed face was very satisfying to look at.

She looked shocked and dismayed, as if she had been stabbed in the heart.

Seeing that expression, I giggled.

"I'm not going to give you anything other than your fixed salary. So you can stop serving me."

"·······My, what do you mean?·········I'm not asking for such things, Madame!"

"Really?"

"······"

"······"

"No, of course, it’s great to receive additional awards but it will be fine even if I don’t receive any more than my fixed salary.”

Our greedy Lucille stuttered and blushed.

For a moment, I was caught up in the question of why were they so devoted?

Loyalty isn't necessarily a bad thing though.

"Well, very occasionally, I can reward both of you when you and Ronya do especially well. Other than that, don’t expect it to be a regular occurrence”

“Yes, ma’am!”

Surprisingly, it was Lucille who smiled broadly and arranged her hair, as if she had never been embarrassed despite the fact that she had been exposed so openly.

Oh my. She’s always been straightforward.

Should I say that I like her because she’s blunt?

She’s a little too blunt, but she’s also affectionate.

After drinking the tea that Lucille brought me, I drifted off to sleep again.

Chapter 116: Elenia opens up, Ruby's character development, and Izek's petty jealousy
    Ch 116

There was no particular pain, but as I still had no energy, I fell asleep immediately when I closed my eyes. As my noble father in law said, I will have a lot of work to do after he vacates his position, so it would only be right to rest while I can. Thanks to the warm sunset that tickled my eyelids when I awoke from my nap, I could feel the presence of someone standing next to me.

Assuming that it was Izek, I didn’t check to see who it was. However, it was the presence of my beautiful sister-in-law who looked just like him, visiting me while I was alone.

Throughout my time of pretending to be a patient, Elenia would often sneak up to the door and disappear after quietly observing the family doctor or maid tending to me.

Even if she was wary of me, it couldn't be helped, but more than that, I just felt like I wasn't ready to face her.

I didn’t know how to prepare for it.

Elenia stopped pacing and stared at me with a stoic expression while I was looking away from her.

The sunset pouring in from the window with the curtains slightly drawn tinted our faces with a crimson dye.

"······You've already heard about it."

The voice that finally rang was calm and dry like her.

The long hands exposed under the wide lace sleeves looked particularly lifeless today.

"I sent Marta to another place."

"Ah······."

"It's not Ruby's fault, so I hope you don't misunderstand. This was something I should have done earlier... It seems that none of us knew what the people around us were really like."

It was a stupid question to ask "Why did you do that?" Weren’t there moments when you felt like you knew what the reason was even if it wasn’t said out loud?

So Elenia, who turned her attention to the scenery outside of the window, slowly caught her breath, avoiding my eyes just staring at her.

"I don't think I’ve tried to get close to anyone. I probably didn’t try because I didn’t care... now that I see that, I’ve found that I’m worse than my brother."

I wondered if word had circulated that I was secretly hiding away beasts, but it seems that I was agonizing over a completely different issue.

“It sounds ridiculous to say this after the time we’ve spent together, but I believed that it would be okay for anyone to leave anytime. Like my mother...It wouldn’t matter if they suddenly left.”

"······."

"If I’ve been living like that... I can't even imagine how Ruby has been living all this time..."

The voice, which had been carrying on quietly, dropped dangerously like the calm before the storm.

I was in the middle of it all.

"Ruby, I'm... I'm sorry, I really don't know what to say."

She said something incomprehensible again.

Saying she’s sorry?

I didn't think she had anything to feel sorry for in this case...

"I like the warm, pleasant atmosphere that hasn’t been around in a long while, I like how the crazy disturbances always catch me off guard, and I envy you for always being sincere.…."

"………"

"Even though I felt unsettled and I knew something was wrong... I wanted Ruby to feel comfortable here so I didn’t try to figure out what was really going on. I didn’t want you to leave so I didn’t bring up the issue or try to acknowledge it.”

Do you really mean that...?

Even though she knew it, she closed her eyes and pretended not to know, saw what she wanted to see, turned around, and forgot about it, but it was not her fault.

She wasn't the only one.

In a way, we were all the same pebbles of different colors.

We’ve been struggling in our own way because we didn’t want to experience anymore pain and wanted to avoid crumbling like a sandcastle in torrential rain.

I thought it would be the end if I crumbled into sand.

It would have been nice if I had realized sooner that that wasn't the end, that it could only completely coalesce together after it crumbled into sand and that it could become even stronger and withstand more powerful forces of nature afterwards.

Then I wouldn't have to cry like this.

I swallowed the dry saliva down my throat.

Elenia now stood silently with her head down.

Long silver hair dyed red by the sunset descended like a veil to cover her face.

When I carefully raised my arm and held Elenia's slightly drooping hand, I felt her flinch.

"You know, Ellen."

Elenia, who slowly raised her head again, gazed at me with a puzzled expression.

Now, I couldn't even get a sense of what kind of reaction would be the most appropriate and what kind of expression I should make in this situation, but it didn't matter.

I raised the corners of my wilted mouth, smiled, and stuttered "Ellen, I want a Shepherd's Pie."

That northern pie that you can scoop up and eat.

Ruby-colored eyes, which had been vacant and hardened, gradually opened wide.

Oops, I didn't expect to see this expression.

She suddenly took on a remarkably, youthful appearance.

Maybe it's because of the sunset.

"Why don't you join me Ellen? I think I'll feel lonely by myself."

Right as I gained the courage to speak up, it seemed as if a star had risen in the red sky.

The sparkling star-like iris appeared in her wide eyes while the corners of her lips twitched.

It was Elenia's smile that I had never seen before, a small, faint, but extremely clear and beautiful smile.

"Yes. That will be fine."

It snowed for a short time the other day after the dragon had just awoken and then sunny days uncharacteristic of the north appeared, but this time it seemed a little different.

I don’t know if the change in climate had something to do with the dragon or if this country had always been like this

Even if it's still early winter, it's pleasant to see so much snow piling up all night.

"Madam…”

I turned to the escort knights who were murmuring with a look of distress, putting a finger on my lips to signal silence.

Then, clasping the brush on my shoulder, I set my feet on the snow-covered yard.

The contrast between the dark, blue sky at dawn and the all white garden created an especially elegant scenery for a stroll.

There were a series of footprints on the soft, fluffy snow.

My legs were still a bit stiff because I’ve been in bed for a long time, but it will recover soon.

Physical strength is derived from both mental strength and endurance, but it seems my body is overall lacking in many ways.

I'll try my best to keep my body healthy from now on because there are things that I have to take responsibility for…

I was curious about what the garden in the greenhouse would look like at the moment so I started heading in the direction towards it, but suddenly, I stopped walking and instinctively squatted down.

I wonder what it would look like if a cute snowman was showing off its appearance in the front yard of the rugged landscape of the Duchy, as if it was claiming, "This is the spirit of the North!”

Good thing I came out wearing indoor gloves.

I don't have a lot of memories of properly making a snowman, but as I packed in the snowballs tightly, the cold air started to make me sweat. I was engrossed in the moment of making this winter masterpiece.

".......Ruby!"

·······No, who is this?

Isn't it my haughty husband who's been difficult to meet with?

I spread my arms over the fairly massive snowball and smiled broadly at the monster-like guy who hurriedly walked this way.

Izek growled the whole time he was walking towards me, making it clear that he didn't like my carefree attitude.

"What are you doing? You came out alone in the cold..."

"I came out alone because you weren't there."

As I started grumbling, Izek, who had taken off his fur cloak and wrapped it around my body, stopped and looked at me.

A look of embarrassment flashed in his sharp eyes.

"I was waiting for a long time to comfort you when I heard that you were on probation, why haven’t you shown your face?"

".......about that."

"Huh? Tell me, where did you stay overnight?"

A bit of gloomy silence passed.

Izek scratched his head with an awkward, out of character expression for a second, but as soon as he found a comeback, he brazenly scowled and made a smug proclamation.

"It’s because I don't have any lizards I can flirt with."

"··············".

"I was also being cautious because you weren’t feeling well."

"I'm fine now. What should I be cautious of?”

"Of course, you should·····."

There was hesitation in his red eyes as he met my long, stern gaze.

What?

"So,······. Oh, no, I can't help being attracted to the dragon even if he is a beast. I don't think I can stop myself. What should I do then?”

"············".

"I may be odd at times but I’m not that eccentric of a person."

It‘s rare to see his face fall so heavily.

I closed my open mouth lightly.

My mouth began to tremble.

I tried to hold it in, but it was useless.

"········. Hahahaha!"

"Why? Why are you laughing?""

"Oh, my. Hahahaha."

For a moment, while I was holding my stomach and giggling, my expressionless husband stared blankly at me and immediately cried out,

"are you laughing at me for telling you to be careful? Don't laugh!"

"Fuhhh...······· Sometimes, when I see that amusing expression ... ah ha ha ha ha!"

"Stop that. Don't laugh! It's all because of you!"

"Why? How is it because of me again?"

"Everytime I see you, you’ll say something weird. Are you going to remember this? I told you not to laugh!

"What do I say?"

Trying to hide the laughter, I wiped the tears from the corners of my eyes and asked, but it seems that Izek decided that saying anything past this point would be his own loss.

He looked lonely after suddenly turning his back.

“Iz, what kind of things do I say?”

"············".

"Huh? I'm used to straightforward northern speech, so you have to tell me the truth for me to understand.""

There's no answer.

Truly, as the Duke said, he is a lonely guy.

"Honey, are you mad?"

Chapter 117: Izek, Elenia, & Ruby's snowball fight + Omerta family dynamics (2 tsunderes and a kuudere) + an awkward conversation with father in law
    How to Make My Husband On My Side Episode 117

"...I'm not angry".

"Then, are you upset?""

"Am I a 10-year-old kid?"

"Then why are you ignoring me?"

-Silence-

During the awkward silence that followed, Izek barely moved and only showed his wide back.

In any case, It seems like his personality doesn't match his large stature.

With a crisp, popping sound, the snowballs struck his well built shoulders and scattered.

The blood-red eyes looking back at the source of the projectiles were truly frightening.

"What are you doing right now..."

puck (퍽) (sfx)

Oh, my. What will I do? You got hit right on your head.

White snowflakes coating his silver hair cascaded down.

While I was making another snowball, it seemed that it took Izek a while to process what was happening.

Then, despite being initially stunned, he immediately regained his composure.

Oh, what a spine-chilling expression.

"What the hell is this..."

Puck. (sfx)

"Don’t……"

Puck. (sfx)

"Ruby, don't do it..."

puck. puck. puck. (sfx)

"Stop it!"

“If you’re angry, throw one back.”

"Wait a minute... Wait, wait! Self restraint is one of a paladin’s virtues!"

What is he talking about again? The more you get to know him, the more unusual he is.

Though he was obedient and compliant in the face of the Holy Office*, Izek also had a strong sense of vengeance, yet for some reason, he showed no signs of fighting back.

(*TL NOTE: “Holy Office” is a real entity. The Palace of the Holy Office is a building in Rome that’s property of the Vatican)

He just rushed to block it with his arms.

Aww, it's not enjoyable anymore if it’s going to be like this...

"Looks like fun."

I, who had just picked up the snowballs, and Izek, who had just wiped his eyes that were covered by them, turned our heads together.

On the receiving end of our gaze, a beautiful princess was standing there, wearing a thick shawl and showing a pleased expression.

"I didn't know my brother could play around like that."

For a moment, our eyes met.

Then Izek spoke up first.

"It’s possible if it’s something like this"

"Ellen, do you want to join?"

It was only natural that the relaxed expression on Elenia's face vanished in an instant.

"...What? No, I can’t..."

Puck. (sfx)

Before the words could even come out, a massive snowball he threw at her shoulder burst open.

Izek groaned low.

"This is going to be fun."

"What is this...! What are you doing brother? Are you crazy?"

puck. puck puck puck. (퍽. 픽 픽 퍽. ) (sfx)

The reserved attitude he had shown not long ago was nowhere to be seen, Izek was pelting snowballs mercilessly, at a pace that had long surpassed mine.

I'm getting a little worried about him.

It was then that Elenia, who had been shielding her white hair and had gradually sunk to the ground, suddenly lowered her arms that had been protecting her head.

Puck! (sfx)

Another snowball burst open.

"······Can I hit your face too?"

"Don't even dream about it."

puck. puck puck puck. (퍽. 픽 픽 퍽. ) (sfx)

My head was quickly powdered white from the series of snowballs thrown by Elenia.

All three of us were soon burning with the unprecedented spirit of victory and began to hurl a storm of snowballs at each other. Suddenly, I came to my senses and it seemed like Elenia and I were somehow aiming at Izek together.

“Hey, wait a minute! Where is there a wife who abandons her husband? Since when were you two so close?"

"You ignored me first!"

"If you're jealous, you should get healthier!"

"Where is there a person as healthy and strong as me, pumpkin!”

"What's that?"

Laughter filled the area.

I didn't know exactly whose laughter it was.

And finally, after Elenia dealt a devastating blow, Izek collapsed to the floor and raised his arms.

"I lost, I lost. I was wrong for trying to win in the first place." (Izek)

"You know that now?" (Elenia)

"You’re just trying to look good to Ruby (by aiming at me) since you haven’t had time to get close to her..." (Izek)

"What do you mean we haven’t gotten close? We ate shepherd's pie together. One for each of us." (Elenia)

Izek, who had been roughly shaking his snow covered hair, paused and looked towards me.

Isn't Elenia also looking back at me with a cautious expression as well?

Oh, my. Since when...….

It's clear what was happening, but they were also being blatantly obvious about it.

I stopped smiling.

"She’s right, that’s why it would’ve been nice for you to come home earlier." (Ruby)

"...Sorry." (izek)

"This gentle attitude is unlike you." (Elenia)

"What are you talking about? I'm a very kind person. I'm much gentler than that lizard." (Izek)

What is this family even saying?

The guy who muttered those words confidently, smiled, pulled me by the waist, and hugged me.

Eleania, whose eyes had dimmed like mine, shook her head.

"I’m getting jealous of the lizard..."

“You’re doing this because you’re jealous?"

"Did you know you're really childish?"

“I didn’t know, madam.. Take this!”

"Kak········! What a cowardly move!"

"Kheham!"

A second round of another snowball fight had almost begun, but it was halted due to the intervention of an ill-timed cough.

As we turned our heads together while panting for breath, the scenery of the mansion at the break of dawn came into view along with the witnesses who looked as if they were facing Judgment Day early in the morning.

There was an eerie silence for a moment.

With the Omerta Castle shrouded in deafening silence, the Duke, who had an incredulous expression, only said four words.

"Go in and eat.""

It's been almost half a year since I’ve lived here and this is the first time I've seen such a sight.

Thus, it would have only been normal for me to feel agitated.

But why were the servants, who must have spent a much longer time here, incomparable to the length of time I've stayed, have such quivering eyes?

"Weren't you on probation?"

"I’ve been released."

"Why?"

"The benevolent leader said he can't live without me."

“Damn b*stard, paying attention to someone else’s son…”

"What?"

"I told you not to be so high strung".

"Oh, damn it. Don’t talk about this in front of Ruby"

"Hmm, hmm!"

The more I see this father and son duo, the more peculiar they get.

Still, it is a much different atmosphere compared to the past when the release of dark energy could be felt even from a distance.

As for Elenia, she looked at the two pathetic men with eyes full of pity, but she didn't seem to pay much attention.

In the past, even if she pretended not to be aware of her surroundings, she seemed to be uneasy about something, but this is also an odd reaction.

"Father, stop eating. You said your hunger could never be satiated this morning."

"Putting my hunger aside, were you the ones who've been playing outside since dawn?"

"......"

"Was it fun? I didn’t see any children around”

Elenia's expressionless face flinched, and at the same time, the sound of Izek ruthlessly slicing a pig's leg echoed with a thud. I carefully opened my mouth on behalf of the speechless siblings, sticking a spoon into the fragrant, intoxicating soup.

"Why don't you join us next time?"

"...My shoulders are perpetually sore. It especially aches when it snows."

“I can give you a little massage after this.”

"Okay!"

Oh my, that's a surprise I was just saying this for a laugh, but why was no one talking at the same time? It's embarrassing.

Elenia, who hastily set down her glass of water, covered her mouth with her hand and turned her head.

Meanwhile, Izek barely coughed and stared at his father with burning eyes.

"Are you going to make her do that?"

"Cough, cough! Am I crazy?"

"What do you mean?"

"Cough, hmm! Aren’t you trying to give a deeper meaning to it? It’s pointless to do something like that."

Well, I think everyone here feels extremely uncomfortable.

Have we ever eaten together?

It would make sense if I was the one at a loss of what to do now, but it seems that I'm doing the best out of everyone here.

I said nothing more and silently emptied the flavorful bowl of soup.

At the sight of fresh bread stuffed with olives and topped with a copious amount of butter, my appetite came back and I took a sizable bite.

Wow, it's so good.

The shepherd pie I had with Elenia was also good, but I didn't know the butter here was impeccable.

The North is amazing.

"...do you like it?"

"Huh? The butter is exceptionally savory."

"It's yak butter."

Is that so? But why aren't you eating and just staring at me? Where did the usual beastly appetite go?

I opened my eyes wide. Izek seemed to be thinking of something while he was watching me eat, and he soon took the meat stew from the other side and put it down in front of me right after I finished the piece of bread.

"It tastes better if you eat it like this."

"Like this?"

"Look, put it in here ·····."

"I think it's going to taste weird."

"No, try it first."

It was a little questionable but he's not the kind of guy who would play around with his food, so I just followed along.

Then, he scooped up the mushy, buttery bread along with the stew and put it in my mouth.

"It’s so good······.”

"Right?"

I felt tickled seeing the triumphant smile.

I’m excited for some reason, but I also felt a little sorry.

What kind of appearance did I just show to a person who likes me so much...….

"You should hurry up and eat too. Don't just eat meat all the time now."

"I got it."

When I handed him a plate of stir-fried vegetables mixed with sausages, he unexpectedly handled the fork with care.

Well, he claimed to be gentler than anyone else just a little while ago, so he can't be criticized now.

"Hmm, hmm!"

"Did you cough again, father?"

Instead of responding to his daughter in law’s innocent question, the stern Duke started to attack his son's difficult-to-cut pork dishes.

The bold action clearly bothered Izek, but for some reason, he kept silent.

sneak peek of what's to come
    I'm currently working on 118 at the moment and ltsanchai has gone ahead with other chapters as well. We shall be back~

I think Freya is going to appear in 119. At the end of 118, the butler announced Freya's visit to see Elenia and Elenia's response was "Tell them we're busy and send them back. I think I told you last time." heh

I hooope the conversation will be a satisfying scene of Freya experiencing massive karma, but what I really wish for is the author to write an event where Freya is saying "blah blah I'm better than you blah I deserve this position more than you blah blah" and Elenia catches her midsentence or w/e and tells her she's ENTITLED. sigh

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    TrinaAngel, mmem, Leilacus and 66 others like this.
  13. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation is perfect and thankyou very much to both of you!!I come in thsi forum every day to see if there are new chapters❤❤❤❤

14. iamwhoami

iamwhoami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u so much i lav yall:aww:

15. Max_Ruby

Max_Ruby Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the translation

feendaisy and Le_Tired like this.
  16. taebelly98

taebelly98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Really, thanks a lot for your hard work:aww::aww:
    I love this novel, and I hope you would continue to TL the rest chapters

MatchaMatchaLuv and Le_Tired like this.
  17. Grace34

Grace34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion:

I feel like the abuse that the Fl goes through kind of goes to the extreme and makes ot hard yo even ship her with the ml. I'm not saying that it isn't realistic to a degree, or that people who suffer like her don't exist, but for a romance story it kind of makes it impossible for me to root for the main couple.
    Like, I don't really want her to get with the ml, I just want her to get therapy. And that could be a cool story, but the story is really trying to push for us to like the main couple, and I can't tell you one thing I like about them as a couple.
    This story would be a lot better if it was just about her escaping abuse, and learning how to live with her ptsd. Preferably with the dragon and popo, I just want her to be happy dammit!