Request How to get rid of centipedes?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Two days ago a giant centipede entered my bathroom while I was showering and today a little centipede crawled on my rough wall and hid in the cracks (poor built house, unfortunately).

For sure my bathroom is the darkest place in the house as the light is broken for so many years and we've given up to fix it since we tried so many times to fix it and even buy new fluorescent light together with its new body but still futile and also it has no window (father changed the plan before the wall of my house were built)

Lately, centipedes have been entering my house and lurk in the dark so maybe it's obvious that they enter my bathroom since there's no single light enter except when I need to use the loo or have a shower (I've my personal bathroom:))

So you guys can say that we've been hunting centipedes lately because last year my brother was stung by a lurking centipede and had stayed in the hospital for a few days. Centipedes are lethal and I hate them.

Since these disgusting yet lethal creatures are lurking everywhere at every corner of my house so what's the best remedy to get rid of centipedes? Slaying every single of them won't be enough, I would say

Kyonio likes this.
  2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eat them for protein

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  3. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Call professionals... But tbh centipedes are known to keep other nasty bugs away... If they are abundant then you can be sure there isn't anything worse than them.

Anyway don't try any online remedies, call the pest control and have a few days off somewhere else... :blobpeek:

Kyonio and Sawanara murasaki like this.
  4. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they are plentiful, it either means they have an easy access into your warm house through a crack somewhere or your house has a lot of bugs they love eating, enough to sustain a population.

These are my suggestions for this myriapod infestation.
    • Make sure there are no food scraps in your house. (These attracts bugs, which increases the centipede population).
    • Make sure the area is clean and organized. (Less dark places for centipedes to hide).
    • Have glue traps in corners or dark places. (These capture a lot of pests, not just centipedes).
    • If possible, seal up any cracks in the walls, flooring, or windows. (Helps prevent any future centipedes from entering).
    • If you are dealing with poison, be extremely cautious and follow all safety protocols. Especially around children! (Though, it does leave decaying centipede bodies around which could be another problem and health risk, Weigh your options carefully)
    Eventually the centipedes will disappear, but if you are lacking in time, there's always an option of professional pest control.
    Remember that even if all of them are exterminated, more will come if there are cracks in the house or food available for them.

Kyonio and Sawanara murasaki like this.
  5. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Burn them