How to let go of envy?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    We have the same situation he are, mate..but yaa I'm also need money and sometime get jealous of people who have much money and could buy everything...
    and I decided to earn my own money (if God give me chances) so I won't beg to my parents again..but, me, money is needed to support the family and to live healthier(healthy foods are expensive)..but people with a lot of money often busy, so I don't know if I want to live with a lot of money or not in the future:blobpensive::blobpensive:

anyway just think of yourself as a person who is better than the person who you envy the most(not really most)...and be confident that you can be one one day..

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say that rich people are busy. Some are, while other just fly on the achievement of others.

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  3. fteg123

fteg123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for replying.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  4. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the concept of value-added tax because you see, this was never considered in tuition cost for students.

However, if he has a solid argument and plan of action that wouldn't raise tax on the long run, this could work. Right this is what we need as people are pushed out of labor jobs. Although experts argues that the job market will adjust itself, the technology advancement is going too fast for any job market to catch up unless the companies is willing to fund and train new hire. It takes anyone 4 years to get a BA or BS and many more for Master and Phd. What make people think the job market would correct itself quickly and adjust regularly? People need to eat today, bills must be paid month to month, we got no time to make ends meet and still train ourselves to fit into the market. The market exist for us, when did it began that we must fit the market?

fteg123 likes this.
  5. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    See past their achievements, and you will find that they work harder/smarter than you.

Accept that you work less/worse than them, and try to do more.

6. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I work hard, just as hard as them. Can’t say I work smarter. They probably have advantage somewhere or they work smarter based on their brain capability and ability to learn marketable skill set.

People is always taught to work hard. Working hard doesn’t always mean gain, but it means no to little regret: You have tired, and it didn’t work out, move on.

7. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Best way is to focus on ourselves or the people we do not envy. I suggest the former... and I mean to not compare you with other people but simply to compare you with your self trying to improve as much as possible and don't feel any burden if it takes time or is not possible.