How to Request Something

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AliceShiki, Oct 11, 2017.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    What? I'm using Parth Rant tag, yeah, my username isn't Parth and I don't care, I'm salty and I want to vent, so I figured it would be a fitting tag, go tell @Parth37955 to sue me if you don't like it.

Anyway, on to the thread itself, I'm gonna do the job your mom should've done and for some reason didn't. I'm gonna teach you how to ask something out of someone. And surprise! It's really simple. Here it is, in numbered steps!
    1. Be polite.
    2. No, seriously, be polite. You're not @Tony 's boss, you're not the boss of the translator you love, you're not anything. You're a random user on the internet. Don't give me the argument that you donated to "lalala"'s patreon, or that the ads you watch are what keep the site up. You are not anyone's boss, if you're asking for something, be polite about it.
    3. Be polite.
    4. Be polite.
    5. Did you get the drill by now? Be polite to the person you wish something of. Why? You might ask, because the other party has no reason to listen to you. They have better things to do than deal with your complaints, and they DEFINITELY have something better to do than hearing the complaint of a rude person. You may have the best argument in the world, the moment you were rude to the other party, you lost your chance of getting your request approved, because they own you nothing, and nobody wishes to deal with rude people, much less spoil them.
    6. Be polite.
    7. Accept if they deny you, you are ASKING for something, they can disagree to you, and there is nothing you can do about it. You have your PoV, they have theirs. Asking doesn't hurt, we all have our wishes, and asking someone to fulfill them is generally worth the shot, but you're shooting blindly, hoping they agree with you and think your idea is good... If they disagree, accept it and move on, don't start being rude to them because they disagree. If you do, they won't even reply to you next time.
    8. Be Polite.
    9. Be Polite.
    10. Be clear, you're already asking for something, the minimum you can do is to transmit your idea properly, make sure the other party can understand what you want, it will help the both of you.
    11. Be Polite.
    12. ... Did I already say that you should be polite...? Yeah, please be polite to them, rudeness will take you nowhere.

Alright, I think that's plenty, I just needed to vent a bit, don't mind me too much... *grumbles about users that talk to site owners as if they were forced to obey users' whims*

Ah... If you're thinking I'm making this thread while thinking of you... You're probably wrong, the people I'm aiming this at most likely won't ever look at this thread anyway, there is a reason I called this a rant.

Oh well, I'm done, thanks for your time.

*sighs* I won't even add Ai Chan is Your Goddess and Blanc The Cutest tags to this, I don't feel like it... Bah, Might as well steal Whosays-sama tag as well since I'm at it.

otaku31, Osamaru, Razogul and 11 others like this.
  2. jw287962

jw287962 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, totally agree, always show respect!

so give me a like why don't you? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    Tramsloof and AliceShiki like this.
  3. The One Supreme Lord of All

The One Supreme Lord of All 『Milk Tea Corps Leader』《Bishop of Church of Tony》

Reading List:
    Link
    Respect is good.

Tramsloof likes this.
  4. Rae

Rae ͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never seen you rant, but venting it is good.

5. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    you are not polite, so taking your request to be polite is ignored

Tramsloof likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Done! ^^)/
    I rarely rant in public places, my rants are usually on AG or PMs, but I also need to vent from time to time.
    This reply is pretty valid tbh, but well, there is a NUF user or two I wanted to aim this at, but they are the vast minority.

The people that I really want to see this are sadly the people that are a tad too entitled for their own good, and that don't really check General... So it's okay, this is basically a rant in the end. I don't really expect to achieve anything with it.

Rae likes this.
  7. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hooo, so you don't want to vent in AG or PMs anymore now, eh?

(#°_°)

AliceShiki likes this.
  8. Vishaakha

Vishaakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be polite!

Rae and AliceShiki like this.
  9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm... Screw you... nobody tells me what to do!? :blobpeek:

Westeller and AliceShiki like this.
  10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^ :blob_sunglasses:

Unless you have nuffies, anyway.

Vishaakha, AliceShiki and Astaroth like this.
  11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    WTB full-time TL for Beast's Blood Boils & Sin City, my best offer is 19k nuf-monies

Tramsloof, AliceShiki and Westeller like this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I still do it from time to time! \(^^)/
    *laughs*
    Say that after your skate explodes on a minefield! >.<
    *giggles* Your avi changes are always fun~

Vishaakha likes this.
  13. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    I am rather curious about what the reason for this rant.
    Also asking someone in the internet to be polite is rather hard, like, forcing neutrons to repel each other hard.
    YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE IN THE DARK.
    This idiom is true.
    If you are a very decent person inside, then even when you are shielded by anonymity and are separated by huge digital barriers, you will still be courteous to other people.
    But if you are what the British reffered as entitled selfish stinkly bloody arsehole hemorrhoids, then the anonymity give you all the reason to channel your inner feces into the unsuspecting world, since the baddest thing that a internet user could do to you was only nonphysical, not a punch to your nose, a Knife to your carotid artery, and a 9mm to your empty nonexistent brain.

So yeah, I think Internet bring the real US. The real US that had been hidden from the world all these years.
    So yeah... unless they are decent people, they will act like they are entitled and free to do anything, including insulting your ancestor and don't give you a face.

otaku31, Tramsloof and AliceShiki like this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I didn't want to put it in the OP because I don't like exposing those things too much, but I guess it is down enough in the page to not be seen by many.

The reason was mainly stress after seeing entitled behavior for a while, but the last drop that triggered it was the PS from this post actually: http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/3148119/

I just got plain annoyed by someone telling Tony-chan to "fix" her forum because they are the ones that are too inactive to make 5 posts before complaining about the lack of HTTPS for the 5th thread already... And the person knows so little about NUF to not even know it's not developed and basically a xenforo thing, so the problems aren't really Tony-chan's fault anyway.

But yeah, I agree, I do think it's unlikely for a rude person to not be rude when they have the barrier of anonymity between them and the other people... When you make close relationships with others, you start being not as anonymous, so you start caring more about those things... But if you don't do that, then I guess people will be as rude as they want...

*shrugs* I'm not the one not-getting the feature I want though. Their problem I guess.

Vishaakha likes this.
  15. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Naaahhhh...... even if I make a diamond so perfectly diamond shape there will be always people who will complain that it wasn't diamond enough for their taste. You can't please everyone unless we annex them Borg-style.

Tramsloof and AliceShiki like this.
  16. Stealth

Stealth Elegant Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    im here because "whosays-sama"

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs*

Sadly it is true, people will always complain for one reason or another... I would feel a lot better if they complained politely though! >.<
    And I am here to hug Stealth-chan! *glomps*

18. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    You can either be polite, or be funny and get away with it...lol

On a serious note, you can't really judge people behind screens. My clan in clash of clans was ruined, and I was cursed at in public chat by two of my members, when I tracked them down in real life, they were thirteen year old kids.

This is a power, and power corrupts. From where I see it, it doesnt matter what you are doing, whether it is fulfiling a request or making one, you have to be polite for yourself rather the other.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Osamaru and AliceShiki like this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *laughs* Being funny also works most of the time! \(^^}/

Yeah, anonimity gives a lot of power, and sadly, there are a lot of people that just don't know how to handle it.

And I agree, I feel better with myself by being polite to others, it's something I can pride myself in, that I can at least respect the others like I want them to respect me.

Osamaru and Tramsloof like this.
  20. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> that feeling when you search *your* tag and find this.

Osamaru, Razogul, LysUltima and 2 others like this.