Spoiler How To Say I Love You

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so disgusted by the dad. He knew the reason behind the cold treatment of his family towards his wife and younger son, yet never cared enough to give an explanation to his dad and older son and instead let them suffer for decades.
    I don't eat that he loved any of them, even in the case that maybe he did, his love to others never overthrew his love for himself, because when the truth were to be revealed the only one to suffer consequences would be him.
    Even in the end his actions are, in my perspective, caused by the irrefutable proofs and not due to a sincere regret for his shameful past.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. Rainess09

Rainess09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kindof like this novel and hoping and waiting for this novel to be translated in english. Can I be included in the bl poke list? pretty please?

3. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zhen_Qing

Rainess09 and Zhen_Qing like this.
  4. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, sure~

Rainess09 and Kleep like this.
  5. Rainess09

Reading List:
    Link
    >.< I.. thanks! I thought It might be offensive for a girl to join in :(( thanks...

6. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if you weren’t human we’d welcome you. And I’d venture to say that most people on this list are ladies. ;-)

LyreSecondString likes this.
  7. Rainess09

Reading List:
    Link
    For me I love reading about their process of falling in love and continuing to be in love. I guess because they have to struggle against societal warped rules, their love feels even more genuine and pure.

Most of the shoujo themed romance feels forced or ‘rational’. Like they fall for this guy cuz why not? He’s super hot super rich and especially dotes on them. You’d be crazy not to! But look at how most BL are written? The most unlikely pair, rivals even, fall into the deep. I jusssttt caaaan nnoooot take it! Lol sry for fan-girling

8. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will even say that 100% on the list is ladies. Bl/yaoi manga/novel are mostly written by woman and marketed towards woman too.

Rainess09 likes this.
  9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know some fudan in that list...

Inland and Kleep like this.
  10. Rainess09

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking back at all those times I had trouble facing my unusual ‘hobby’... so it’s actually pretty normie qaq

LyreSecondString likes this.
  11. Gossymer

Gossymer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I do think this story benefits from binge reading - if I had to follow the wait and see approach while it was being published, I can completely empathise with folks here who got second ML syndrome from the big bro or felt dissatisfied from the lack of schadenfreude or face slapping for the ML for playing cold potato when he realized MC's feelings initially.

However, from reading it in pretty much one sitting, I kinda adored the subversion of typical BL tropes. You can tell from the first 10 chapters how this would have gone otherwise: MC being painted as a villain and ML and Big bro potentially being instruments or heck, even the architectsa for his downfall and potential imprisonment later. The whole mind reading turned the expected tropes on their head and have us a very different story from regular BL trends.

Most of the drama with the ML due to misunderstandings that could have gone south was nerfed and side stepped. Instead we got SUPER MENG MC. Granted this was offset by LLY but I gotta admit I actually liked not having immediate romance between MC and ML. Getting to see that both in their own right are good people but iffy at relationships was great. ML's breakup was very mature which I rarely get to see in BL tbh. And it made me excited to see how his relationship with MC would then develop - which was just...MENG. SUPER EFFING MENG.

This was very, very anti angst, apart from key face slapping moments. The fluff makes it easy to reread esp with how adorbs the MC and ML are together. There are so many moments I adore gah:

• Like whenever MC would interact with his mom, ML would then call up his own mom in nostalgia, just cause.
    • MC knitting clothing for ML, thanks to ML's mom :D
    • The variety show where MC gets ML's answers correct and LLY doesn't understand why he keeps getting them wrong and ML kinda being floored.
    • When MC leaves the survival reality show and ML gets so pissed off and it gets broadcast later and everyone knows, just *knows* it's because MC is gone
    • MC lifting and smelling his own feet because ML says his feet sink and it gets caught on camera
    • The first time MC has a spring dream/wet dream about ML and runs into the surf/sea to hide the wet spot after waking up, totally internally screaming in panic+ ML's reaction lol
    • ML being all protective of MC with the bad tv series and going out of his way to make sure the actress' scenes in the Hollywood movie are ruined (so vicious, I love u baby)
    • ML's concern at MC's method acting being extremely dangerous to the the psyche, and his worry when he can't read him during the Zerg movie set and relief afterwards when MC comes out of it gah
    • I loved how just as ML starts to freeze out MC, LLY got MC to retreat and ML immediately did an about face after panicking which was pretty much "no baby, come back" and IT WAS ALL RECORDED FOR TV. Yay for reality shows!
    • Speaking of reality shows, when MC returns on a boat as a guest the next time and ML is. So. Damn. Happy. And the episode goes from Survival show to Honeymoon Vacay and the viewers just .Eat. It. Up.
    I wanna re-read this now cause the were so many Meng moments that I just want to wallow in again. Aaah!

12. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobmelt: Ah yes.... This brings me back to those times of waiting for mengmeng everyday.

Gossymer likes this.
  13. Gossymer

Reading List:
    Link
    This fic is so unapologetically fluffy once the mind reading begins that it makes me feel similar to Cher and all her antics in the movie Clueless - there's a special place in my heart that just makes me want to tip over sideways into bed from how adorable it is XD

As cathartic and exciting as faceslapping and melodrama can be, sometimes, RL just makes you wanna spend some time and squee at all that meng and giggle *grabby hands* :D :D

LaDyViL likes this.
  14. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more used to author's OP, BAMF MCs so I'm pretty shocked at how they executed this one with the super meng moments. Aside from the waiting for the next update everyday, I don't think there's much tension in it. I really liked how its pretty much all fluff lol Now I feel like reading some more stuffs with meng moments...

Gossymer and Kleep like this.
  15. lykizan

lykizan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is the translator still translating this?

16. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, been awhile since last I've heard from the site/translator.

17. maecasano

maecasano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Breaking News! Breaking News! Breaking News!

Not really. Just another spoiler.

So here's a spoiler-y background of Little Sapling's parents...
    We all know that XJS' mother is being looked down by the Xiao family because they thought she is a mistress, right, and no one believed that she met Xiao papa only 6 mos after first wife died. Well, the truth has come out!

Xiao papa actually had an affair while the first wife was still in the hospital! He had an affair with his close friend's widowed wife (stress on the widowed), who was also the elder sister of his secretary, as well as an entertainer. The Xiao family and even big brother knew about it. They thought that the woman is XJS' mother.

The son of the true mistress, not Xiao papa's son if I read the MTL right, is also in the entertainment industry and he was acting on the same film as XJS and JM. He felt threatened by XJS and wanted to deal with him. By this time, XJS and JM were already married and they are quite affectionate with each other even though they haven't announced their marriage. Mom wanted them to announce it only after five years when XJS' career has already stabilized. Now, the mistress' son noticed how close the two was and wanted to use the news of the two of them being gay to blacken XJS. He schemed to anger Xiao papa into bringing XJS home and remove him from the entertainment world forever. However, his mother (aka the mistress) went overboard. She released fake news that Xiao mama was a mistress, blah blah blah. This is the time when Xiao mama realized the truth, that there is a reason why she was misunderstood in the Xiao family all these while. Elder brother also realized this and he feels regretful of all those years he didn't openly show he cared for his little brother. Xiao papa, on the other hand, felt remorseful because this is also the time when he realized that he will never be able to get back his family (Xiao mama and XJS).

Faceslapping the mistress and his son is about to begin. Elder brother and Xiao grandfather will begin their counterattack while Xiao papa said that he didn't care what they do. It was revealed that he didn't have any feelings towards his mistress ever since he fell in love at first sight with Xiao mama. The only reason why he still caters the mistress' whims is because he was afraid that the latter would reveal the truth to Xiao mama. Now that Xiao mama knows everything, there is no need to cater to the mistress.

JoshyM62, 7174PK, mmem and 6 others like this.
  18. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    You just started reading? It's not really breaking news since that's been covered last year, I think.

AFAIK the dad's a douche bag. He was ambiguous enough with the mistress. I won't even call her a mistress, because she is actually the wife of his dead friend who he felt responsible and affections. Overall, he excused himself with he only loved XJS's mom and married her for love, and after he married her he had never had an affair anymore but still kept in touch and cared for the mistress. What a douche. Good thing Mom didn't accept him back.

19. Gossymer

Reading List:
    Link
    The sad but is that we were just getting to the start of the Meng bits in translation ;_; if it's been dropped, I wish someone could continue >_>

lykizan likes this.
  20. dynra

dynra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Gossymer likes this.