How was your first experience with Internet?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dr_H_16, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I first connect to the Internet when I were First Years of Junior High, heard of it from my classmates.
    Never heard of it before. I got curious and after one thing lead to another, then they helped me to create a facebook account.
    Add them as friends, then just go along with the flow.
    From Facebook to Chat App, then Facebook Games, Search an answer from Google for the first time (really, when what you must seek for tens of pages from a book appeared in seconds, I almost lost the will to study anymore. Fortunately, afterward, I learnt that answer them yourself is better than asking the Google. Bless my teachers and parents.), after that... I met a sinner who made me saw [REDACTED].
    Really, what was in his right mind when he made a kid watch THAT. (Btw, I asked about THAT to my mother and she... I shouldn't follow her to the neighbor house after that. Mothers' discussing 'how to repel a troublemaker who messes with their kid' together were terrifying.)
    Then years went by, and here I am now.
    How was your first experience? (At Internet, of course, what are you possibly thinking?XD)

2. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, i have. I wondered how you install a game back then and tried to install them by copying those shortcuts...
    But I was wrong!

But now they said that, right now, is the age of INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION 4.0, THE INTERNET OF THINGS.

Have your things internet?

Dr_H_16 and mir like this.
  3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Kids nowadays don't know that mobile Internet was so fucking expensive like 1 second loading equals to 3 to 5 dollars.

Clozdark, TheNewGuy, Dr_H_16 and 7 others like this.
  4. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember anymore

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  5. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    the first time i was on the internet was when i tried to get Donald duck video's on youtube

as far as i can remember
    was the first thing i ever watched on the internet

6. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    i was using dial up ( and that awlful sound that come with it)
    and using internet explorer setting up email to use for ICQ

Clozdark, TheNewGuy, Dr_H_16 and 3 others like this.
  7. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    My tutor help me make facebook then i play.. Pet society or cafe or farming game, not sure which is first.

Dr_H_16 and Nom de Plume like this.
  8. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know of the internet, but what really got me interested was when i found out you can download and play pokemon on a computer instead on a gameboy.
    Then i found out that cartoon network have a webpage with their own games. Megas xlr and CKND were probably where i'm at most of the time.

Dr_H_16, blaze27 and Nom de Plume like this.
  9. Cascadian Rex

Cascadian Rex Villain with a thousand faces | Lychee's rival

Reading List:
    Link
    First experience?

This 30 secs

10. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First was a search for how to configure the right gate/IP for online games , After that came IRC and voice chat.

11. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    The first time I saw the internet, I was blown away. I think it was in 2008 or so and I was in fifth grade. I could type anything and Google would give me the image. I felt like I was waiting time reading encyclopedias when really I could just get everything on the internet....

vlue, Dr_H_16 and mir like this.
  12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been so long that I'm not exactly sure if it was my first experience with internet or not... but I do remember my first experience with internet in my home. It was when we got AOL 1.0, and I really liked the quizes where you answer the questions and they give you a fill in the blank story based on your answers.

I found that amusing for a while and pretty much use of AOL portal was the majority of my internet usage. Way later, I found search engines (Google did not exist and search engines were terrible, you had to search 10 search engines just to barely find what you want, hence why things like altavista came into existence to merge results of multiple search engines) and used it for research and other stuff, when I got annoyed that when AOL browser crashed, so did the internet, I switched to using netscape and IE. So even if browser crashed, I wouldn't be logged off the internet.(Until I switched off aol for better and cheaper service)

That is of course if the dialup didn't die. I remember back then I was so happy upgrading my dialup cards every time a new one came out with faster speed.

Those were the days...

Define "was", 10-15 years ago mobile internet was cheaper than it is today in US, if you go back further, maybe...

Kuro_0ni, Dr_H_16, mir and 1 other person like this.
  13. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I was 7 when I first touched Facebook.
    then started those games that end with "-story"

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  14. EnerHighwave

EnerHighwave Holy Daugther of Kyuu 8❤️ Speedy's pet Lovely's ❤️

Reading List:
    Link
    My first experience with internet was internet explorer charging a page, at that moment I knew that it was not the right time for me to use internet
    PS: I came to use internet years after that :p

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  15. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Age of War all day, all night.

Dr_H_16 and mir like this.
  16. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Downloading games mostly road rash, gba roms, nfs 2 se, half-life etc.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  17. novalance

novalance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recall dialup to bbs(bulletin board systems) be for the internet was more widely available. First modem I used was a 2000 something baud us robotics modem, ungodly slow compared to today's standards. Upgrading to a 14.4k was just stupidly fast... Everything was through a terminal in msdos, ascii art was kind of the only graphic. U would play games on the bbs like the pit or legend of the red dragon... I remember windows 3.1 just being unreal. Those computers had ram in megs... Simm modules. 16 megs was like the hawtness... 32 was unimaginable... Now u see computers with 4 gigs as base, even that now is considered pretty garbage... Ddr3 dual channel or even quad channel... The "good" ol'days is really not worth remembering... Trust me... Computers were way more expensive clunky and required more to get working(fucking dma and irq settings...)... There was NO spell check back then... Printers were also not very good yet... I had to type out reports on typewriters still... Yeah... Those were still around.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  18. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I first touched the internet, Altavista was still around...

19. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I first used internet was it counter-strike ver 0.3? Or was it "shattered galaxy" which was still in open beta... We don't even know what's friendster and Facebook didn't even exist?

20. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm.... if i recall my first net experience was when i went to a cafe as a kid and the people there where watching to love ru on crunchy roll desu

Dr_H_16 likes this.