Discussion How would removing sin affect humans?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    The world ends in two ways:

1) Through destruction
    2) Through stagnation

If you remove all the sins, you end the world through stagnation.

If you remove wrath, you would also remove much of the reasons why our society move forward. Yes, our society moves forward because there are people who are angry at being treated unjustly. Don't look down on pettiness.

If you remove lust, people will stop reproducing. Eventually there will only be old people. Removing the pressure for leaving descendants by raising the life expectancy will also achieve the same effect.

If you remove greed, there will be no one who strives to be better than others. Everyone wants something. Most people want something that other people have. If you remove greed, these people won't exist.

If you remove gluttony, there will be no people who want more than they should get. Is this bad? Not when it's a small, localized one person situation. But if the whole society doesn't want more than the bare minimum, crops won't be produced more, technology won't advance and people will be satisfied with a horse cart. That is assuming that gluttony existed back when people still walking, because without gluttony, there won't even be a horse cart.

If you remove envy, you remove the reason why people want to be better than others. You have a neighbour, he has a car. Without envy, you will just look at the car as grass and do nothing. But if you have envy, you think "I want a car too" and you then strive to either buy your own car or steal away his car.

If you remove sloth, you practically remove the reason why we have bosses and investors. While not everyone wants to live a leisurely life while still making money, there are a lot of people who want to make money without actually working for it. These people created the infrastructure such as the internet, digital banking, invest in ideas and hire people to help them out. Without sloth, you basically deny people the right to say, "I wish there's a way to make my life easier."

2. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we remove sin, can we get rid of @Ai chan?

3. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's do it and see what happens.

4. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Viva les Communism!!! lol.

Failed maths I see lol. Pythagoras, when you work with a right angle triangle, does NOT require trigonometry, just squaring and square roots. It's only when you are not using Pythagoras that you need to work with trigo.

5. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing would change with me. Can't say about others. I never treated those as sins or something to go to hell for, and let's not state my opinion on hell. It's all personal choice for me. I avoid being prideful, because there's always someone smarter and better than me, and showing pride everywhere may come back to bite you. I'm not interested in people, so lust doesn't exist in my mind. Greed and envy never developed in me, because I had a good mother who taught me how empty a person is if they always look at others. Wrath now... I would if I could. But there are laws. Now, if you remove laws, wrath is on the menu. Gluttony is something I literally suffer from. Gaining weight and the health issues that come with it, and always dieting because of this. But I'm a natural hedonist, so it's hard to get rid of my gluttony, and sloth for that matter. Just let me lie around at home, with my laptop on, food next to me, and I'm content to never go out again. Too bad I gotta earn money >_>;

imK likes this.
  7. Fuwafuwakid

Fuwafuwakid [HIGH-CLASS POTATO] [BAMBOO MUNCHER]

Reading List:
    Link
    Those are not sins if you get it in moderation

Sins are failure to keep one of those from goin out of control