Spoiler I’m The Ex-Girlfriend of a Soldier

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Jan 28, 2020.

1. JustARandomNeko

JustARandomNeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel, Maize wanted to take a break from Yse in Chapter 56. They didn't get to see each other until Chapter 64. I think that's like a span of 2-3 days.
    After Maize wanted to take a break from Yse, she went to stay at Hailey's house since they're best friends. Since Yse told Maize that demons don't feel guilty and seeing how Yse apologized and wanted to be good for Maize, she noticed that Yse was putting in a lot of effort despite the characteristics of a demon. But Maize wants to change herself too.

Maize and Hailey talked a bit about Yse lying to her. Maize was trying to figure out what to do about Yse. Hailey told Maize that no matter how good Yse is, Maize is the most important thing to consider in every choice and that she should consider her feelings first. Hailey also said that she noticed how Maize is being too generous and pretending to be okay. She just wants Maize to be herself.

Maize was more concerned about being happy without Yse if she makes a mistake in their relationship. Hailey told Maize didn't need to be with Yse and that it was okay to cry. Hailey said she always suffered when Shukr left and when she lost her husband, but Hailey was still herself and that fact didn't change. Hailey also said that there are many fishes in the sea and Yse doesn't have to be the one. Yse can be the one to regret if the relationship goes wrong.

After Maize thought about what Hailey said, Maize decided to go back home and talk to Yse. She was going to forgive him once she sees his face, but she won't do it anymore since she was told to value herself more. She wanted to understand her own feelings before understanding from Yse's perspective. Maize wanted to go back home and get mad at Yse, vent, and get apologies from him until Maize feels satisfied.

Right before Maize left to go back home, Hailey said, "Well honestly, I think you couple will do well even if I don't say anything. That grapefruit tea. Actually, your husband brought it. Because it wasn't long after you came here, he delivered a bunch of things you liked. That guy. He bowed his head to me and said he would be good to you."

When Maize went home, she looked around for Yse, but couldn't find him. She decided to stay home and wait for him to come back. Someone knocked on the door and Maize went to see who it was and it turned out to be the Royal Knights and asked if she was Maize. Maize knew that they came because Benzel suspected Yse to be a demon. So they're taking Maize to the royal castle to protect her from the demon.
    Uhhh.. There's the three sisters Moirae (Atropos, Clotho, and Lachesis), Lilith, and Shukr.
    They are the ones who maintain the fate and destiny of the world. After Shukr (warrior) kills Yse (Demon King), the world will loop back to how it was before the story started. So it's their job to make sure that everyone meets their fate especially Shukr and Yse.

They treat people as their toys and break them. Since they control fate, people seek out them to change their fate. The three sisters will always tempt people by granting them a wish, but the moment those people thought they had what they wanted, the three sisters will turn their backs. Every time someone tries to escape their fate, the three sisters would make them pay a price and the price is always different.
    Yse didn't like how he was always forced to lose against Shukr so he tried to change his fate. He always failed. The prices he had to pay were his limbs were torn apart, burned to death, and even betrayed by someone that he believed to be a friend which was the only Duke of the Demon World. The three sisters mentioned that his next price would be losing his lover, Maize.

The Duke (idk how to spell his name since there were 5+ ways to spell it) wanted to protect his lover. So he chose his lover and betrayed Yse in the past. The price he had to pay was his memories. The only thing he has left is the feelings for his lover without remembering anything about it.
    “I still feel the love for her. But nothing else remains. I can’t remember all the memories, the time, and even her face.” - Duke from Chapter 103

Atropos is considered the cruelest out of the three sisters. Idk much about Clotho besides that she gets along with Atropos and thinks Lachesis is stupid since anyone can do her work. Lachesis is weak and has low self-esteem. Her sisters are the ones who are doing all the work for her.
    Lilith is a dreamer (according to google translator) or maybe succubus? She became one by sacrificing her human soul, but she will live a miserable life. Dreamer/Succubus live by sucking out souls of the opposite sex. When Lilith woke up for the first time as a dreamer/succubus, Atropos hugged her and pointed at Maize, and told Lilith, "Keep resenting. Hate her. You have done nothing wrong."
    Lilith's wish is to take everything from Maize since the current Maize stole her spot.
    She might be the Duke's lover.
    The original ML. He likes Maize a lot, but can't move on even though Maize married Yse. He found out that Yse is the demon king. At one point, Shukr and Yse did fight and Yse won. After that, Shukr was about to move on from Maize since she's happier with Yse. That's when Atropos appeared and told him that Maize belongs to him and they're fated to be together. Shukr resisted since he really wanted Maize to be happy. But he couldn't help it after Atropos gave Shukr a vision of a wedding between him and Maize. So he started a war between humans and demons.

Elphin, svtspeach, shiory and 45 others like this.
  2. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, the 3 greek fates. Well, we have Cerberus so it wasn't far off to get greek themed antagonists. And it makes sense that it needs to be someone able to beat Yse despite supposedly being the strongest being there is, and capable of time loops. Thanks btw for the additional info for adding when the exact time loop happens. So Syukr won't even reach the happy end he envisions? The moment Yse dies, the loop starts. Also, thankful knowing that Yse is self aware, he did try to change his fate

shiory, nielyti, jkumi7 and 6 others like this.
  3. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, this story gets dark. Like good dark, but dark.

jkumi7 and Nefroza like this.
  4. JustARandomNeko

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh.. Wait I guess Shukr does get married to Maize? This is what Yse told Maize in Chapter 97.

"This world stops at a certain time, and the story repeats countless times until that time. There is a man at the center of the story. He was once a rural young man who was neglected by the villagers, but he was actually very talented. He defeated a villain called the Demon King. And the story is always that young man. Killing this Demon King, and the ending with the lover he was with. But that's not really the end. The man goes back to the shabby country young man, and again becomes a warrior who saves the world from the Demon King. The same story is repeated again and again. There is no end in this world."

svtspeach, shiory, Leilacus and 17 others like this.
  5. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you already answered this, but in theory that's not making some sense since Yse is dead at that point. How would he know Syukr gets his happy end when regardless of what happens, the time loop has already happened (and given the fates' nature, turning their backs on the happy end by letting it time loop the moment Yse dies or Syukr just recently achieves happiness barely makes a difference *unless ofc OGSyukr and Maise get to live long, fruitful, married couple lives. If it just ends up as happy ending, marriage and all then boom! Restart. Then, not much of a difference. Oh well...

I've come to ask for a second round of spoilers, like how do they resolve the issue with the knight's order? Was Maise forced to come along with them and Yse saves her? As far as you've read, does Yse willingly let the Duke guy betray him? How do the antagonists get... uhh... beaten? Any Maise reaction on seeing Cerberus's true form? And lastly, any kids?

shiory, nielyti, jkumi7 and 3 others like this.
  6. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump, with the series updating on 25. Getting some better opinions on Yse since he was ready to tell her the truth so long as she was fine and accepting of demons but sadly stopped when she said having some relations with the demon king would be too troublesome.
    Still... we now have verification the exam was rigged (poor thing) but AT LEAST it was to keep Maise at his side and protect her from opposing forces.

Same spoiler requests as last time

jkumi7 likes this.
  7. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who win the war

8. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I found I they get married earlier? will any chaos events happen later like maise leaving ML after finding the truth?

9. JustARandomNeko

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been bothering me for a while, but what should I call the Duke?
    His name is 젠바트 남부르크.
    The surname is Namburg, but his given name is kinda spelled in many ways when I use google translator while reading the novel.
    Zenbart? Zenbat? Zenbad? Zenbard?
    Genbart? Genbat? Genbad? Genbard?
    Jenbart? Jenbat? Jenbad? Jenbard?

Pls halp.

nielyti, jkumi7 and DOHere like this.
  10. Sleepy_Panda

Sleepy_Panda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use different translators in the Internet. Although it had come up with different results. The name that has pop up the most is Zenbart/Zenbad Namburg. I hope this helps.

jkumi7 likes this.
  11. Weird_girl

Weird_girl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil their reunion?

jkumi7 likes this.
  12. Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! I can’t wait for the webtoon to cover the rest of the novel!

After the knights where tied up did Maize fled the mansion? Or did she decide to wait for Ise and keep an eye on the captured soldiers?

Shukr is really delusional. She has rejected him twice already, just cuz he was told the outcome of the original story doesn’t mean that Maize still wants him. Especially with that shit personality of his.

13. Iska-IX

Iska-IX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for the spoilers, any update on:
    1.What Maize did after Perun defeated them
    2. Where Yse is and what he’s doing at the same time
    3. Their reunion

14. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
    ty for the spoilers :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

15. S3npai Tach1

S3npai Tach1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler The ending of main story and side story please

Leilacus likes this.
  16. Magicals

Magicals Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody know the ending? Can someone at least tell me if the ML (the demon king) and the MC live happily ever after?

Nefroza likes this.
  17. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I only read the few free chapters on tappy & one thing that I'm confused is, did he ever cheat on her? Like I know he flirted with other women(or flirted without realizing he was cause he clueless) but did he ever ACTUALLY cheat on her when they were together?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021