Discussion I am tired of people complaining about sexism in harem novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by RarestProGamer, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RarestProGamer

RarestProGamer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You want me to believe a stranger on the internet?
    Ah of course, you should have said that from the beginning instead of acting righteous and saint for brownie points

2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you an idiot or just naive? My comment was to the Monty Python link he put up. And he ain't my friend, but neither are you. You deserve a middle finger emoticon Mr Online Approval.

AliceShiki, drewjn and Anra7777 like this.
  3. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    On what? A reply to his Monty Python link? I think you're the one that's fucked up thinking everyone here is replying only to you. Something's not right in your head dude if you think everyone can only talk to you. If you don't get the reference, you don't get it, don't assume everyone can only know what you know.

Just go watch the Monty Python sketch and you'll get it. Duh.

drewjn likes this.
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    The 3rd type searches the word yet asks anyways while the hidden 4th type revels in their ignorance. :) 11100100

Nightow1 likes this.
  5. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    And which discredits my point about the 2 ways of reacting to a new word, how?

drewjn likes this.
  6. RarestProGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    And i said "I don't know man if the other person has decensy and humanity and guts to ask a meaning of a term even during argument rather than denying it, the least the other person could do is also show some human compassion and copy and paste the meaning. I guess i am the third type of person!" which turned out to be true. You clearly aren't even bothering reading anything

7. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf?! How was I being righteous and going for brownie points?! And how is my not wanting to post private conversations or try to dig up one of many complaints I might have made, without any memory of where, just for your personal enjoyment, my being anything other than a reasonable person?!

Moonpearl, AliceShiki and drewjn like this.
  8. RarestProGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, you do not feel like digging up your private conversation which i can understand but you feel like sharing your private conversation here to give your "equal opportunity complainer". What in tarnation? And you keep bringing up "my personal enjoyment" which i really don't understand what that has to do with anything. You simply said something in response to my original post thus i just simply asked proof of that. But if you don't feel like then sure but then don't proceed to say something if you want people to believe you just because you said so

9. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Lol bruh you're on internet, stop implying others as worse than you, when you knew next to nothing about them in real life. What if that guy actually married, have a great job, have 4 wives that get along really well with each other, have a castle, etc?

Sure you being on the internet is very convincing of how good you are in treating your opposite gender. I means, if you labelled someone who hates people complaint as someone who whining about reverse-harem, you must be a playboy/f*ckboy right? *Claps claps* now aren't you very mature here?

It seems to me that even you who are very, veeeery gentle and knows how to treat women, missed the whole point of this post. It is not purely about how he hated reverse-harem, in fact, it seems to me that he don't really care about that. What this post is all about is just that the guy got irritated on people's bias behavior. He mentioned reverse-harem just as comparison with harem. You on the other hand, completely missed this point and went on WHINING about him ranting on reverse-harem thing.

Dude get real, you are on the internet, stop implying things lol. Him ranting on people behavior doesn't means he doesn't know how to treat women as you said. You even implied that he's jealous. To be honest, i can understand why he doesn't talk back to you lol. He must be really flabbergasted, as so am i. You are wrong in so many ways. You keep making assumptions about him, when you missed the whole point of this conversation.

Wanna hear something great? That 1% shoujo male lead you said, it seems you don't even have any fraction of it. In the first place, where do you even get the idea that the he treats women as garbage? Just because he said he doesn't like this or that, you implied he treats women as garbage? Wow nice assumptions.

Bruh get real. I knew a lot of people who are actually perverts that try to defends women and keep blaming guys for not treating women good, just because they wanna looks like good guy, some sort of hero or friends of women. And out of all of them, you obviously looks so fake and instead looking like a good guy, you looks so creepy lol. I have a sister, and no way in hell i would let her be in contact with you lol. So much for being able to "treat women nicely", creep.

10. RarestProGamer

Reading List:
    Link

Holyshit, finally someone understood me that i am simply irritated by the bias and double standard. But here are people completely misguided in their comments and response or making extremely dumb and immature assumption of things i have never said or even implied.

11. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    Fine. I remembered three:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-was-reincarnated/

https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ance-was-just-lazing-on-the-dragon-kings-lap/

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-path-of-the-cannon-fodders-counterattack/
    Look under the reviews. You’ll find my complaints there.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    AliceShiki likes this.
  12. RarestProGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read your review and my god that sounds so terrible. This is the worst kind of genre for me because that story just screams netorare, i feel bad for uke. And i apologize for not believing you and for coming off as rude, i am sorry. You were right to believe in your equal opportunity complainer

Anra7777 likes this.
  13. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha, jokes on you. I memorized that youtube link ages ago. Never again, dammit.

AliceShiki, DocB and Havisu like this.
  14. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry after i replied to that guy, I don't read any more comments as it seems that its starting to get deviated from the main point of this post.

And now you guys even went on about digging personal views and even bringing about personal chat or reviews. Holy cow what in tarnation happened to this post lol. Why do all of us have to compare our taste and personal opinion when we know that all of us have our own likes and dislikes? Its getting weird now so how about we calm down a bit. I have some cookies but can't eat since im fasting, so you guys can have it lol.

15. RarestProGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to drag you into all of this.

Havisu likes this.
  16. SleepyFox

SleepyFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't... Isn't this exactly what you're doing by making this thread? :hmm:

vlue, Nightow1, drewjn and 1 other person like this.
  17. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah its okay.. i completely feel the same way you do about what you're trying to say when writing this post. This shyt is complicated.

Anyway, i'm out lol. Gluck on your side

18. RarestProGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    Another person quoting my comment by giving the same response. So i won't bother either and will just copy paste my comment that i gave to the other guy! "My post is anything but seeking approval even before posting i knew what i was getting into because opinion is gonna go against the general consensus. How is it seeking approval from people when i am actually arguing against them? I am not boasting my taste or popular opinion!"

19. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    This makes me laugh so hard hahahahhaa...
    But if i were to guess, i think he's just here to rant about that.

Nightow1 likes this.
  20. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I went through my other reviews and added two other novels to the original post where I complained. I could try to dig through the 166 pages of conversation between myself and my friend trying to find a fourth novel where I complained privately to her (which is the first one I thought of), but... I think I made my point. :blobsweat:

RarestProGamer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.