Discussion I can't drink sodas anymore.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hegao, Apr 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Few years ago I used to drink soda almost everyday. Coca-Cola, Mountain Dew, 7 up etc. They started to taste very bland for me. Literally they taste so bland that I can't drink them. Same with energy drinks like red bulls and my countries local energy drinks. It's like my body suddenly decided that I can't drink them. But here's a thing I can drink new flavors of soda that I never have tried they taste good. But after a month or weeks they become same bland taste.

This is weird food burnout that I have ever experienced. Even though I have stopped drinking them for 5-6 years thinking it would return normal. But nope. I don't experience this kind of food burnout to other things like eggs. I have breakfast with eggs every single day. I don't get this type of burn out. Just changing the way eggs cook can makes it delicious again. Even after few weeks I can return eating that same egg I got tired of it.

So, I'm wondering if anyone could help me tell me why this is happening and if anyone experiencing same thing.

2. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    You didn't need help
    What you got is a blesssing in disguise as you unconsciously avoid bad drinks which is a hard for most people, me included
    Also got that like once every few months and what you need to do is just don't drink those sodas and energy drink, your tastes will come back after a week or so

3. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Try milktea.

Lucky you, you only got food burnout.
    I literally cant drink soda now due to gallstones. Sips are ok but drinking a shot or a glass, takes me down a day or two. Cant take pain meds since it will worsen my problem.

4. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My imaginative assumption is that your body is smart enough to know what you need and what u dont.
    Protein is essential for you no matter what age you are in, but sugars from all those sodas aint. And i heard that sugar is totally unnecessary for us but carbs still needed.

5. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eggs are food and soda is an artificial edible product.

You're better off never consuming it at all.

6. dreamdaisy

dreamdaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because when you get older, your taste buds are decreased. Look at your grandpa! He doesn't eat very tasty and delicious snacks. Why? Because for him, the snacks don't enough tasty.

Also, you know? Covid is literally changing your relish. For example, I liked dishes with onions before, but now I can't eat them. Because I can smell the onion even from the cooked food. Also, the taste of the black tea I drank has also changed.

7. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, same thing with tea for me. They used to be the best thing ever but now they just taste like hot water with sugar to me. Had to start adding herbs to start liking them again. Maybe add vodka to your soda or something.

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    sugar is a simple carb, the healthier alternative is complex carbs which are found in bread, potatoes and rice.
    Simple as in it's absorbed very fast by the body, typically we'd overload on sugars, get a spike in our bloodstream and then the body would respond by creating insulin and storing the excess energy as fat, resulting in a 'sugar crash' literally a down after a high.

Complex carbs are typically good for a few hours of energy at a rate where the body can run on it, but it won't go haywire.

Also, to OP, every single cell in our body gets replaced throughout our lives, and they say every 7 years your taste blands will also go through some changes. It's possible you just grew out of it. Although, typically you'd see someone disliking how sweet it is, not that it's bland.

Something tasting good is typically the brain rewarding you for supplying yourself with something it thinks it needs. If there's a problem with this system i'd ask an actual doctor about it.

9. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    According to webmd you got either rona or cancer.

10. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said even though I stopped drinking them for 5-6 years. It still haven't changed.

My grandfather is long dead before I was even born.

11. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, didn't read that part.
    How much weight did you lost since then? Sweet drinks are one of my problem

12. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had beer belly as a kid but when I stopped drinking It become normal. But I have sedentary lifestyle so I'm getting it's back again. Plus my whole father's side of family have those fat belly.