I complain: endings

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Complex Thoughts, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complex Thoughts

Complex Thoughts Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why but for most novels I've read there's always just one big mistake, and it's usually the same thing every time. It's the da*m endings barely any of them are good they are usually just the main character getting married or s*x. Then there's Everyone Else is a Returnie style where you just end it off with a cliff hanger and not make a sequel or prequel or anything relating to it. There's also Stop Friendly Fire style where it ends after a fight scene and the finish the objective but there's no satisfying ending it's just over and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Over all most good novels usually have shit endings.

2. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's just Toika for you in fairness. We all agree with you there

Fulminata and lucjanssens like this.
  3. Messageboy

Messageboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should check first if those novels were stopped by third parties. If it is a chinese novel, it really possible that the novel got censored by the government and so had to add an unexpected ending like "I am really a superstar.". It is quite possible that the novel didn't sell well in their countries, so either the contract was ended by the publisher or the author had to drop the novel due to not making the money from it to fund his daily living.

It quite common for a bad ending to be not due to author skills but some outside influence.

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  4. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, that author's only half decent work is EER anyway. Although I do agree I haven't read a decent ending of a long running webnovel before.

5. Alchyr

Alchyr Master of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    the problem with long series is that usually they never had a plan for the end when they started

Fulminata and Reak like this.
  6. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I wouldn't 100% agree with that. In fact, I would like to mention another major problem. Many of what one could call good novels, are unlikely to ever be completed. For example, everyone knows the case of Reverend Insanity. Same problem also applies to other novels like The Legend of Great Saint. Some are just super slow and have decades worth of content that still needs to be explored/explained, like Grasping Evil or Kingdom's Bloodline.
    Honestly, of of those 150 novels that I have completed, I could only list 1-2 which had a good ending.

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbf, endings are pretty hard to make~

And like, after you saved the world, it's hard to make a good wrapping up and stuff~

Fulminata likes this.
  8. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They get paid by the chapter so the last one(s) matter little to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.