Spoiler I Don’t Love You Anymore spoilers

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikhail_XD, Jan 28, 2020.

1. mojojojoh

mojojojoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any side stories? Can you give us a spoiler about their kids? :blob_pout: Thank you :blobuwu:

Selin and cometothedarkside97 like this.
  2. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    I know they have a daughter. I don’t know if they had anymore kids later.

3. purple pink

purple pink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did her sister n red head knight got married ?

4. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how does niveah really feel towards her sister? latest manhwa chapter describe that niveah can't feel too comfortable when she looks at rubiel and she can't hate rubiel but rubiel is not someone that she can give unconditional love either. that made me wonder how does niveah actually feel towards rubiel.

Khadz, i_am_here and Kingdo like this.
  5. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was abandoned by her family and cling to Valor, then, when she finally leaves him and return home, she finds a little sister she doesn't know who have all the love she earned for.
    But Neveah is mature, so she will not put the blame on the child since she knew too much how it feels, so she tolerates her at first. Soon enough, she understands Rubia is neglected too. Her mother is harsh on her and the father, even if he likes her, he didn't really check what going on in his home. Neveah likes Rubia because she is her sister, another person similar to her. But she is jealous since Rubia have clearly a better life than her.
    She likes her, but cannot unconditionally love her.
    She is jealous of her, but cannot hate her since she knew she isn't at fault and is a victim too.

That my interpretation, tho.

Mikaa, Le_Tired, Minaeli and 10 others like this.
  6. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder about this also.

As for the ML is his brother his half-brother paternally or maternally?

Dobokan and purple pink like this.
  7. Akki19

Akki19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to know if Fl sister and ml's assistant end up together

Minaeli and Dobokan like this.
  8. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s paternally. I actually have the novels but haven’t taken the time to read through them yet. I know the ML and his mother are at odds because ML thinks his mother killed his father. FL tries to get along with the mother and eventually tells ML that she doesn’t believe his mother killed (poisoned) his father. However, for me to understand the story properly, I have to read it sequentially and I haven’t done that yet.

9. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil about the lil sis and the knight? I'm really mad at that shit ass knight. Why tf would u blame a grown ass woman who was abused and side with her little ass sister(who will probably end up with u, grooming yuck). Like why??? And I just know they are gonna end up as a couple. Which is fucking disturbing. And the knight, omfg, how TF did u become a knight if ur gonna let that little sister follow neveah??? Boi the father is legit gonna chase her down and blame her for kidnapping wtf. I now legit hate the lil sister and the knight. So fucking dumb. And ofc, the ml doesn't do shit about him talking shit about neveah, because his close friends with him. That part is so fucking dumb. Idk if I wanna continue if I see no punishment to that knight. And I hope the lil sis just get rid of herself, like gurl, u already got everything why tf would u cause more problems to ur pitiful sister? Ugh, sorry for the rant.

donaiseiyuu and Anna McAvoy like this.
  10. Nisugaaar

Nisugaaar Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to her sister? Did she endup with that Knight ruiger?

11. hanihoney

hanihoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm the 6th person who ask this...did the little sister and the knight end up together? i actually think of them more of brother and sister or something like that. i honestly don't know how people can ship those two all of the sudden and it kinda makes me concern a little, i don't like the idea of making them who is possibly 10+ age gap a couple. i know their only side character but if they end up together i would honestly drop this. i know, it's childish

donaiseiyuu likes this.
  12. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm. The little sister became very good friends with the red haired knight’s younger brother. To prevent the father from taking or sending the little sister back to their home country, they came up with the idea to tell the father that the little sister will get engaged to the little brother. However, when MC looked into it when she heard about it, she found out that the lady sister used this method to hinder her father. Truthfully, the little sister learned from MC’s example and refuses to experience the same thing that her big sister did. That’s why she’s determined to inherit the Marquis title.

About the above, this is what I read by scanning through the book previously. As I mentioned before, I have to go back where I left off in volume 1 to read the story properly. If anything, it seemed like the little sister was close friends with the knight’s young brother. I don’t know if the child looks like the knight. I also don’t know yet what decision the little sister made in the future.

13. YellowROSE

YellowROSE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the MC and her Brother-in-law's wife become friends ? :confusedcatblob:

14. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Undoubtedly. Aren’t they basically sisters through marriage as well as through MC supposedly representing the royal family of their country? But yeah, they get along well. She often talked with MC about any issues MC is willing to share with her. ML is close to his brother as well.

Rylee56059, YellowROSE and Liliss like this.
  15. chuuurpi

chuuurpi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know the backstory for ml’s rejection of love/previous fiancée incident? or did i miss the spoiler in this thread…

16. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it wasn't elaborated that well.
    They only said that the ML's fiancee killed herself because she couldn't get his love.

chuuurpi likes this.
  17. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    • Isolde, Arendt’s sister-in-law gets along with Niveia. Isolde was very excited to meet Niveia. On the other hand, Niveia thinks of Isolde like an idol so she finds it a bit unbelievable that Isolde is so friendly with her. Isolde enthusiastically treats her like a sister which at first surprises Niveia. Isolde is five years older than Niveia so Niveia always looked up to her because she and other girls her age from Thierry always heard of the fame and beauty of Isolde. Isolde partly welcomes Niveia so warmly because she’s been lonely. She can’t freely speak with other ladies outside the imperial family but now she can talk unguardedly to Niveia since she’s Arendt’s wife. Apparently Isolde also had a difficult time initially in Vinfried. She was ignored and gossiped about there. She also got pregnant before marriage so I guess that created a scandal in Vinfried.
    • Isolde visited with Niveia so long that she grew late for her appointment with the Thierry state representative. She therefore asks Niveia to meet the state representative on her behalf not knowing it’s Valor, Niveia’s former fiancé. Isolde goes back to the office where Arendt and her husband are getting ready. She congratulates Arendt on choosing Niveia. In the conversation that follows, Arendt finds out that Isolde sent Niveia to meet the Thierry representative. Arendt stiffens but then covers it with a smile. Isolde recognizes he’s unhappy. He basically informs her who the state representative is. Isolde immediately understands her mistake. Arendt said he’ll go take care of it and asks Isolde and his brother to instead start the banquet. After Arendt leaves, Isolde and her husband discuss Arendt’s reaction just a while ago.
    • Meanwhile, Valor is shocked that Niveia came to greet him. I guess he was expecting Isolde and her husband. Niveia greets him and tells him that Isolde is running a bit late. In their conversation, the guy apologizes to Niveia. He sincerely apologizes for all the things she had to put up with. He says he knows it’s too late. He apologizes for all his words, actions and ignorance. Niveia asks him if he thinks she blames him and so that’s why he’s apologizing. Valor says it’s not an apology to ask forgiveness. He said it doesn’t matter if she doesn’t forgive him. Niveia tells him that there’s no need for her to forgive him because she doesn’t blame him in the first place. Niveia thinks his apology only mattered to her in the past but she thanks him for his apology anyway. The guy starts to cry nonstop. Niveia is surprised and tries to give him time to calm down. In the end she had to ask the waiting lady to bring makeup to mask the guy’s red swollen eyes so that he can attend the banquet without raising questions.
    • The waiting lady tells Niveia that Isolde won’t be coming. Instead, they’re asked to head to the banquet hall. There they meet Arendt waiting outside the hall. He greets Niveia and stands next to her because they’ll have to enter together. Valor thinks that Niveia looks so much more lively now that she’s standing next to Arendt. He thinks she’s still calm but there’s a softness on his face. He consoles himself that Niveia’s heart will never go to Arendt. If she won’t give him her heart, at least she won’t give it to Arendt. Before he goes into the hall, he tells Navier thanks for the consolation then he leaves. (Instigator)
    • There are flashbacks of Valor and Niveia’s past even in this volume. There’s a flashback about Niveia’s enthusiasm in giving him flowers so she used to interact with the gardener about various flowers. One time Valor saw her with the gardener and asks the butler if there’s something between them. The butler assured him that the gardener has his lover who meets him periodically. Valor thinks Niveia’s interaction with the gardener can lead to a scandal and warns her. She responds that she’s not the gardener’s type and asks him if he’s jealous. As usual, this guy thinks Niveia is an idiot for always being obsessed with love. At a later date, after Niveia broke up with him, he starts to ask the gardener about Niveia. In a nutshell the gardener tells him off and tells him he never deserved Niveia’s love. Then he quits.
    • Later that night, after a bath, Niveia prepares for bed. It’s her first day in the country and she’s tired from the journey. However, she’s thinking about the change in Arendt’s smile at the banquet hall. She thinks he was clearly fine when she arrived at the hall. His smile was good but after that his smile grew different. She’s very sleepy but she’s trying to figure out what could have changed his smile so suddenly but she can’t find the answer. Finally, she gives up and falls fast asleep.
    • In his office Arendt and Rudiger are talking about public opinion. It seems that the public opinion for his new bride isn’t too good. Arendt thinks it’s because the nobles wanted him to marry a noble from their country rather than a foreign bride. He knows them too well. It’s because they want to use connections and earn money through an empress chosen from among the nobles there. However, Arendt avoided this and he also avoided choosing a bride who is influenced by his mother’s political power. Nevertheless, he’s determined to protect Niveia’s peace and happiness like he promised. He thinks she’s had too much hurt already from those in her home country and he wants to protect her in his country.
    • Arendt also thinks about Niveia and Valor. He did come to the room to intervene but instead overheard when Valor first apologized to Niveia. When he heard that, he couldn’t trample over the guy’s sincerity. He knew that it was over between the two but he also cannot deny that they have a decade of history. He therefore decides to leave after telling the waiting lady to inform Niveia that Isolde won’t come and that she should come to the banquet hall afterwards. The problem arose when Valor, in front of Arendt outside the banquet hall, decides to thank Niveia for her consolation. He knows Valor said it deliberately to provoke him and it’s bothers him that he’s caught up in the provocation.
    • Arendt thinks about his earlier conversation that evening with Niveia. They spoke about all the work he has on his plate. She wants to help but she’s not officially the empress yet so she can’t really do much. Arendt thinks that she’s always eager to be useful probably because she fears being thrown away. He wishes she would understand that he wouldn’t do that to her. He thinks in those wounds is no doubt Valer. He starts to get a little insecure and begins bothering Rudiger about the possibility that Niveia’s relationship with Valor returns to good terms. Rudiger, not understanding that Arendt is troubled, thinks it would be a good thing if the relationship improves. Arendt feels that he found a diamond in the mud and now that it’s cleaned and polished, other people are looking to take it. He can’t help but whine to Rudiger although Rudiger doesn’t seem to get what Arendt is worried about. Arendt tells him what if Niveia wants to return to Thierry. Rudiger tells him from a practical view of an emperor, surely he wouldn’t allow that. Rudiger then retires for the night leaving Arendt working. He wonders what’s wrong with Arendt.
    • Niveia spends the next five days or so with her sister and Rudiger. Rudiger teaches the little girl sword fighting according to their contract. Niveia is worried about Arendt. Every morning the shade under his eyes are apparent. She wants to help him. She’s also still waiting on the empress dowager to transfer some duties to her but the woman claims she’s sick just before Arendt returned to Vinfried so they couldn’t do much about it. However, Niveia has decided to pay the woman a visit. Her waiting lady (not exactly one but something called a “doll”) accompanies her to the empress’s palace but can’t go in because there’s some rule against it. The empress’s maid takes Niveia instead and basically makes her walk in a maze for a long time until Niveia tells her to cut the crap otherwise she’s leaving. Only then did the maid take her to the correct place to meet the empress. The volume ends with the two women meeting face to face.
    • Arendt is slaving over work with his brother and Isolde. Arendt hasn’t slept for days since he returned to the country. While he’s chatting with his brother and Isolde, he learns that Isolde will have dinner with Niveia. He thanks Isolde and asks her to please take care of Niveia. He still thinks that Niveia might miss Thierry. Not long after, Niveia’s “doll” comes to inform Arendt that Niveia is in the empress’s palace unaccompanied. Arendt seems disturbed by this. He suddenly tells Isolde that they should bring the coronation forward from 20 days to 5 or 10 days (I can’t remember the exact number). Isolde thinks it’s too hasty because Niveia still has to learn several areas of administration. If she doesn’t perform them well she will be criticized especially since she’s a foreign bride. Isolde thinks that Arendt is in love with Niveia solely from his behavior on the night of the banquet, and again, now. She even heard that a count and another state official who snubbed Niveia at the banquet had minor accidents. She’s never think of Arendt as good because she knows him too well but she’s really surprised by the way he reacts to Niveia. It has to be he’s in love. Arendt interrupts her thoughts as he stands to his feet and tells them he will head to the empress’s palace.

18. Merri

Merri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank youuuu ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

Kara21 and Celebrianna like this.
  19. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    • Niveia’s imagination of Arendt’s mother, Adelhite, is completely contrary to the woman’s appearance in reality. In her altered opinion, she thinks the woman looks more like a scholar rather than a woman who lusts for power. The woman’s warm smile initially surprises Niveia. However, by time she sits down with Adelhite, an uncomfortable conversation soon follows. Adelhite talks about her relationship with Arendt and how he doesn’t listen to her anymore. He used to listen to her well when he was growing up and wanted her to act like a mother. Niveia doesn’t say too much because she doesn’t actually know anything about their relationship since Arendt refuses to say much about his mother. In the conversation, Niveia remarks about the empress being Arendt’s real mother and Adelhite promptly tells Niveia that she didn’t think she would say such a stupid thing especially coming from her who was abandoned by her biological father. Niveia’s expression hardens when she hears this.
    • Adelhite asks Niveia if she didn’t think she would investigate the woman who’s marrying her son. She tells her that she has quite a spectacular history. She’s the shame of Solen with a maid for a mother. The fiancée of the Duke of Oestache upon whom she hung all her hope then suddenly she broke off her engagement, announced her marriage to Arendt and became the child of Bertrand. Adelhite states that it’s hard to get that kind of career anywhere. The lady lights up her pipe, leans back in her chair and tells Niveia that she knows why she’s here. They talk about the transition of duties to Niveia although Niveia is still paralyzed by Adelhite rattling off her history, one by one. She thinks that wherever she goes and her name is mentioned, someone will think of her past infamy. In order to settle her heart, she tries to convince herself that she doesn’t have to be embarrassed about it.
    • Niveia discusses the timing and manner of transferring the duties. Adelhite tells her that she wants someone to persuade her son who doesn’t listen to his mother anymore. She tells Niveia that she’s not surprised that her son chose her since she doesn’t have any parents to interfere and she doesn’t have much lingering feelings for Thierry. However, she wonders why Arendt chose her when she hung herself on the duke. She informs Niveia that her son has been badly burned by a woman. Adelhite brings up the topic of Arendt’s former fiancée. She tells Niveia that unlike her who figuratively hung herself on the duke, Arendt’s fiancée literally hung herself.
    • Adelhite asks Niveia if she wants to know why. Niveia states that she doesn’t want to hear. She threatens to leave. Adelhite tells her no, she’ll hear it since only she can tell the story. She tells Niveia that the fiancée dearly loved Arendt just like she did the duke. Niveia wonders if the woman is mocking her or if she has other intentions. Adelhite continues the story. She says Arendt was fed up with the fiancée’s obsession and didn’t even want to talk with her. Does she know the pain of loving and being neglected? She states that there must have been a limit to what the fiancée could bear. Eventually she couldn’t stand Arendt’s neglect and hung herself. Adelhite declares that there must have been a reason for Arendt to choose her who was blind to the duke. She says Arendt is the sort who is fed up with love and Niveia is at odds with him in that sense.
    • Niveia, who is silently listening to Adelhite, finally realizes why she allowed the visit. It wasn’t to conciliate or to mock her. They just followed in tandem. Instead, she thinks Adelhite is targeting her out of boredom. Adelhite advises Niveia that if Arendt is sweet to her, don’t give him too much heart. She tells her that she joined the imperial family as a good match to be used. Niveia finally cuts the woman off and tells her she came to be used so she doesn’t mind. She declares she’ll take care of Arendt so Adelhite doesn’t have to worry too much. Niveia thanks her for the tea, stands up and promptly leaves. She thinks there is nothing more to see here.
    • Adelhite, who was left alone, murmurs that it’s a long way to go to get along. She sums up her impression of Niveia. She was surprised by her height and then by her firmness. She thinks she’s contrary to expectations. When she smoked in front of her, she didn’t cringe once. She thinks when the ground is dry, the tree hardens and the flowers dry up. She thought it was grass and looked like a tree.
    • Niveia decides to walk in the cold to revive her low spirit. She thinks it’s impossible. She walks forward not realizing what the negation was about. What the hell is impossible? That Arendt could not have turned a blind eye to his fiancée and driven her to death or that he despised her (Niveia)? That she couldn’t have been included? Or that every conversation she had with him couldn’t be just a charade? She doesn’t know.
    • Still, Niveia believes in Arendt’s goodness. She didn’t forget the conversation she overheard in the principality of Silas. Arendt clearly said he wanted to be friendly with his wife even though he couldn’t love her. She also didn’t forget the kindness he’s shown her and the grace she’s received. She sees him as a sweet and loving man. There were many days she’s been comforted by him. The trust was quite deep and it wasn’t worth breaking even by Adelhite’s few words.
    • However, it was enough to leave a seed of distrust. Did he really leave his fiancée to die? She just couldn’t imagine it but Adelhite’s words were far from false. He said he was sick and tired of love. It suddenly reminded her of Valer. Why didn’t she notice it before? The similarity between the two stories. She had heard of it but she hadn’t thought to look into the details. Is this deep frustration her disappointment towards Arendt? For realizing that he and Valer are not much different? But how dare she blame him? She would have been no different to his former fiancée. She has no right to blame him but at same time, even if she doesn’t love him, she was comforted by him and indebted to him so she has already attached her heart to him.
    • Arriving at the imperial palace, Niveia pauses to pull herself together. She holds her face in her hands and gives herself a pep talk. She thinks only she knows how hurt she feels. She’s only a troublesome child when she cries after being hurt while being soft. She needs to be firm. She holds herself together and a voice asks her if she’s crying. It’s Rubiel, her sister. Niveia denies it. The girl tells her that her eyes are red. Niveia gives an excuse and the girl asks her who upset her. Niveia ignores the child as she just wants to be alone. Rubiel tells her they have a guest. It turns out it’s Arendt who is sitting on the bench where she, Rubiel and Rudiger were hanging out earlier. Arendt approaches her and calls her name. Niveia takes a step back. She doesn’t have the courage to face him yet. She turns and runs away as she hears her sister calling in the distance.
    • Niveia hates herself for getting used to Arendt’s good intentions. She’s a complete mess as she runs away. Unfortunately, she falls down hard and she’s in a bigger mess than before. She looks up at the beautiful surrounding view of the change in weather. The scenery is beautiful with a subtle glow. She nonchalantly raises herself from the ground. She takes off her blood-stained shoes and begins to pace. Someone calls her name and catches her in a hurry. It’s fair to say she was hugged instead of held. She doesn’t have to turn around. It was a familiar voice. A familiar scent. A person who relieves her mind with his presence. Niveia swallows her breath to prevent herself from crying.
    • Niveia tries to make her voice normal and asks Arendt to let her go. He answers that she’ll run away again and they should talk instead. She says she’s the problem. He tells her that he heard that she visited his mother. He asks if it’s truly just her own problem. Arendt is still hugging Niveia tightly and she feels his rapid heart beat, his voice that touches her ear and his breath. She touches his arm that’s hugging her waist and assures him that it’s really just her issue and she didn’t want him to see her cry again. It’s embarrassing to let him see her cry every time. Arendt asks her if it’s weird that he wants to see all of her embarrassing momenits. Niveia’s face burns instantly.
    • Arendt releases Niveia from his arms. She tells him that there’s no reason for him to go that far. She says he’s a nice person. She knows that no one would ever be this nice to a political marriage partner. She tried to rely on his kindness from the beginning. In her thoughts, Niveia asks why is Arendt doing this to her. She’s been curious the entire time but she knows that he has no reason to be nice to her so she thought he was just a good man. She thought he was a really good guy. But, after listening to Adelhite, she can’t be fooled anymore.
    • Niveia tells Arendt that she’s trying to do well on her own but she feels like she’s being spoiled because he keeps being sweet to her. She tells him that his mother said that she’s the type of person he would hate. He might actually be laughing at her inside. Arendt asks Niveia if she believes that. She wipes her tears and tells him that she doesn’t believe it but she can’t help it. After all, there’s no reason for him to be nice to her. He’s nicer than he needs to be. He’s friendly. No matter how many times she thinks about it...
    • Niveia wipes her tears again and looks up at Arendt who’s smiling and the smile is growing bigger. She thinks he’s holding back his laughter while she’s impulsively divulging her feelings. She wonders if he’s laughing at her. She feels her blood cooling down. She thinks his mother was right. However, Arendt clarifies her erroneous conclusion by telling her that it’s the first time he’s been scolded for being so good. He holds her hand and smiles. He admonishes her not to listen to his mother. He assures her that she’s not the type he hates and he’s not mocking her on the inside. There’s a reason why he treats her so nice. Niveia’s expression darkens again. Arendt tells her that he wants her to be happy. That’s all. He releases her hand and smiles brightly. He tells her he wants her to live in an environment where she can do whatever she wants with the people who love her.
    • The sunset is setting behind Arendt who tells Niveia that he hopes for her full happiness. Niveia thinks that in a world where everything is cloudy, Arendt alone is clear. Arendt tells Niveia that he doesn’t want her to be anxious. He doesn’t want her to be sad. If she wants to cry, she can cry whenever she wants. If she wants to laugh, he wants to give her a season of peace. Niveia tells him that it already exists since she has the empress seat now. Arendt corrects her. He states that she can’t gain it through money and power. After all, why was she unhappy when she was at the duke’s residence when she had status, money and power? Arendt tells her that when he’s sweet to her, no one can ignore her. He doesn’t want her to get hurt. Arendt wraps her in his arms. Snow melts when spring comes and the winter in Niveia was overflowing. As they hug, white petals flutter over the two instead of snow.
    • Arendt hugs Niveia as her crying subsides. He reflects on a conversation he had with his brother who likes Niveia and thinks she’s strong. It’s the same with Rudiger. He wonders how is it that he’s the only one who sees that she’s like glass that looks hard on the outside but is quite delicate. Rudiger thinks that he’s too caught up with her but Arendt is happy that he’s the one who witnesses her vulnerable side. Arendt notices that Niveia is motionless. He asks her if she’s finish crying now. Niveia is embarrassed but she notices that Arendt seems to be very happy and her face is full of questions. Arendt tells her that the other day he said he wanted to be her consolation and he was coldly rejected. She doesn’t know how hurt his heart was at that time. Niveia is speechless. Arendt tells her that now she tells him what hurts her and she trusts him so he thanks her very much for that.
    • Niveia thinks he’s making fun of her but Arendt denies it. He starts to carefully remove the leaves from her hair. Niveia’s cheeks grow hot and she drops her head a little because of her embarrassment. Then something draws her attention now that her senses were back to normal. She asks Arendt if the petals from the tree are shining. He asks her if she has never seen the flowers before. He tells her the name and informs her that they are a symbol of the imperial family. Her eyes open wide. So these are the moon flowers that are part of his family’s founding history after they were ousted from Thierry. The tree is said to be in full bloom all year round but Niveia has never seen the legendary tree. She’s very interested in it as Arendt tells her about the tree.
    • Niveia remembers her dinner date with Isolde. Arendt wishes that they could spend some more time under the moonflower tree but settles for walking back to the palace with her. Niveia looks back at the tree and thinks that her sister would have been surprised. She regrets giving the child a cold shoulder because she was upset and thinks of asking Isolde if the child can join them for dinner.
    • Arendt and Niveia return to the emperor’s office. Niveia gets to witness just how well Arendt, Renier and Isolde get along. As usual, Niveia is still unaccustomed to Isolde’s familiarity, especially when Isolde lightly puts her hand on her shoulder. Niveia still blushes and gets embarrassed by Isolde’s actions. Renier wants to get to know Niveia better but Niveia had previously told Arendt that she doesn’t want to be around people so Renier is hesitant. In Niveia’s view, there’s a strong relationship of trust between Arendt and Isolde. She feels a little depressed and thinks that Isolde gets to work in the emperor’s office with the trust of others and there’s also her husband Renier who loves her. She couldn’t help envying Isolde since being recognized for her work is something that Niveia wants the most. Due to this, she’s in deep agony again over the fact that the empress dowager still hasn’t handed over the work that she’s supposed to perform in the future. She had thought of a crushing defeat when she had entered the empress’s palace but Adelhite had quickly shaken her trust in Arendt by digging into her weakest spot.
    • Niveia acknowledges that it’s alright now. She knows which side Arendt is serious about. She doesn’t know what happened between Arendt and his fiancée but she knows now that the empress’s words were rather malicious. She realizes there are many ways to convey facts and the empress must have altered the facts into the most malicious structure and she won’t fall for it anymore. She’d like to ask Arendt the truth about what happened but she’s afraid it might touch his wounds. She considers her current relationship with Arendt more precious than her curiosity.
    • On their way to the palace, Arendt had told her that the coronation will be moved forward so she doesn’t have to worry about taking over the empress’s duties before then. However, it wasn’t her style to run away so she’s thinking of the best way to deal with the Adelhite. As she watches Isolde with Arendt, she acknowledges that she feels envious rather than jealous. Envious of Isolde’s position and the trust she has. Isolde smiles and winks at Niveia and asks her if she’s bored. Isolde and Arendt are arguing over the wedding/coronation preparations. Apparently Arendt is planning a really extravagant wedding/coronation and Isolde is in charge of the details. Isolde calls Niveia to come to her so that they can discuss the details. She informs Niveia that since they already exchanged their vows in Thierry, they’ll focus instead on the coronation to let the moon (symbol for Vinfried) and everyone know that she will be a member of the imperial family.
    • Isolde discusses the details of the process and ceremonies Niveia will have to participate in for the coronation. During the conversation about the sun (Thierry) and the moon (Vinfried), Niveia starts to wonder about Isolde’s baby. She knows that Isolde had a premarital pregnancy and had to announce her marriage to avoid issues of illegitimacy. However, she hasn’t heard Isolde talk about the baby so she’s confused about this matter. After Isolde finishes explaining about the ceremonies, Niveia notices the budget for her wedding/coronation and is absolutely stunned. For comparison, it’s equivalent to a full year’s budget for the duke’s estate that she once managed. She tells Arendt and Isolde that it’s too much. The amount was astronomical and equal to two birthday banquets for the emperor’s birthday in Thierry. Arendt tells her it’s a once in a lifetime event but she’s still unsettled. He also tells her that selling more mana stones the size of a fist will recover the costs. Vinfried is rich. Niveia realizes that it’s extremely rare to use mana stones in every day life but Arendt assures her that nothing will happen for her to worry about. He asks her to give him her permission to proceed with the budget. Niveia stares at Arendt who’s holding his hands together. She finally gives in and tells him to do whatever he wants to do. In her thoughts, she modifies her assessment of him to add that he likes luxury. Arendt’s complexion immediately brightens as soon as she gave her permission and he and Isolde went back to arguing over the budget.
    • Afterwards, a hilarious scene ensues when Isolde offers a sort of tonic drink to Niveia since she looks tired. Instead of drinking the mana stone drink, Niveia walks over to Arendt and offers it to him. The problem is, everyone in the room, except Niveia, knows that Arendt absolutely cannot stomach the drink. As a result, he looks like death but can’t outright reject Niveia’s goodwill because of her earnest concern for him. Isolde is practically struggling to hold in her laughter and Renier and her are whispering to each other about what they think Arendt will do. Niveia senses a strange tension in the atmosphere and plainly asks Arendt if he doesn’t like the drink. Arendt doesn’t want to reject her concern so he accepts the drink. However, Niveia insists that he drinks it right away so Arendt is forced to drink it. Niveia looks very pleased and she leaves the office with Isolde to attend dinner not knowing that as soon as she left, Arendt feels sick to his stomach.
    • Renier asks Arendt why did he drink the tonic. He could have made the excuse that he’ll drink it next time. Arendt says how could he not drink it. Renier tells Arendt that he knows he’s a sweet kid but is it his misunderstanding that he seems particular with Niveia. Arendt doesn’t answer him directly but they talk about how little time he gets to spend with Niveia. Renier points out that Arendt came in with Niveia just a while ago. Arendt says that he couldn’t stay still when he heard that she went to see the empress. He reminds him that when Isolde was attacked by his mother, he raised the palace.
    • Renier is known to be a gentle man by nature. He’s sweet to his brother and he’s sweet to his wife. However, after Renier and Isolde’s married and Isolde was suffering from depression, the empress told Isolde some harsh things. She told Isolde that she’s weak and told her to go back to her country if she’s going to walk around with that long face, etc. Upon hearing the news of how Adelhite’s words broke down Isolde, Renier took an axe to Adelhite’s precious green house (lol good job, Renier. It was in a greenhouse that Adelhite also crushed Niveia earlier that day). Apparently Renier axed all the glass that covered the greenhouse and when a surprised Adelhite came running, he glared at her as though he was going to kill her.
    • Arendt asked Renier if he knows how surprised he was then. He thought the sky was going to break. Renier said it only happened once. Arendt says he heard before that it’s really scary when someone who’s usually calm gets angry. Renier laughs embarrassedly. He admits that when he saw Isolde crying, he couldn’t let it go. Afterwards, when he came to his senses, he was already cutting through the glass of the greenhouse. (lol)
    • Arendt gets up and puts on his coat. Renier asks him where he’s going and Arendt tells him that his mother told Niveia some useless things. He tells Renier that it’s about Ester Jurgen and Renier’s expression hardens. It seems that the name is a nightmare for them. Arendt tells him that his mother also told Niveia that he would hate her. Renier asks him if Niveia knows about Ester. Arendt doesn’t think she does. Renier asks him if he’ll tell her. Arendt has thought of telling her. He does think the story of Ester and the story of Niveia clearly has a similarity. He was aware of that fact especially the fact that Niveia loved her fiancé so much that she chased him to the point where he was sick of it. He’s worried about telling Niveia the story because he doesn’t want her to be locked into constantly comparing herself to Esther.
    • After Arendt leaves the office, Renier thinks there is a big scar on Arendt’s heart created by his former fiancée, Esther Jurgen. She left these words for Arendt:
    If you’re not going to love me, I want you to remember me forever so that you can’t love anyone else.
    • Renier briefly remember the gruesome smile. He shakes off the memory before getting back to his work. The first official document he reviews is a request for permission to teleport to Vinfried. The sender is Marquis Solen. Renier remembers that he’s the biological father of Niveia and the father of the little sister that is a guest in the imperial palace. He conjectures that perhaps the man is coming for the wedding or to visit his daughters. Renier stamps his approval on the document.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  20. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Celebrianna thank you so much for sharing spoilers! :blobnom:

Celebrianna likes this.