Discussion I don't get it

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, May 26, 2022.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    How can people like good mainstream music(Sia, Bruno Mars, Zedd...) and at the same time like travesties like Cardi B, Blow My Whistle, Blurred Lines, Despacito, Friday, autotune pop rap that doesn't rhyme and most Spanish-English mainstream songs.
    The only good use of autotune I've heard is Melodysheep and anime opening/ending music, and metalcore.

Take this playlist for example, so many great songs and in between these annoyances like Cardi B, how can you put them on the same playlist?
    btw couldn't help by hear about Cardi B lyrics about her dating/fucking...eew she acts like a gutter whore and looks like she's made of plastic

Also, what's with basic vulgar songs like Blow My Whistle? Sure, a lot of songs are about sex and that's fine, they're not that cheap and praying to Slaneesh. I mean these songs are mainstream and played everywhere, elementary schoolers listen to that shit as well.
    Even Ed Sheeran in a seemingly romantic song Shape of You, just talks about carnal desire for body...can you get more shallow?

..nothing against the cat

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Music elitism is boring. If you love certain types of music, just listen to them. All your rant achieves is making you more frustrated with people who probably won't even ever hear your opinion - or care for it.

-is what I would say, were I a wholesome existence. I recommend you take that anger and hold on to it, Child of Man, let it grow and fester so that eventually you can let it back out, refined, evolved. Let it consume you, subsume you, overtake you. Let its righteous fury scorch the land and salt the soil.

milkyfoxz, Lissi, ANonMouse and 5 others like this.
  3. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I found a Sith song if there ever was one

Let the fire enter you
    Let the anger start to brew
    Let your instincts break the rules
    Let it rise and consume
    Give in to yourself

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Not defending any of the music you've listed, but they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Personally i find a lot of what others call music repugnant, but to each there own. *shrug*

milkyfoxz, Baldingere and Jojo775 like this.
  5. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Pop definetely isn't the best genre out there, but I gotta admit a lot of it is good... I understand that people to whom their parents played crappy music like turbo folk during their formative years(childhood when you're basically learning by hypnosis and not really making your own choice, the things joked about impressionable kids is real as fuck).
    Turbo folk is Eastern European genre that most who haven't grown up with it absoulutely hate, if you haven't heard it, it's like the horror child of a Turkish rapist and a Slav cow.
    But how do you end up liking autotune&latino pop rap, no adult now heard it in their childhood coz that low form of music didn't exist.

6. Lemonlyn

Lemonlyn ♥[ Incubus ] Onee-san Seducer♥

Reading List:
    Link
    yessss

7. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah you got Yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy
    Yeah you got that yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy

Jojo775 likes this.
  8. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    All music is the same but worded differently. No artist is better then its cousin.

All music is shit.

Go stare at the wall and listen to silence.

9. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk man, me and my cousins have distinct tastes when it comes to music, i like indie songs the most, my other cousin likes hardcore metal, the other one taste in music are the pop, mainstream ones like you've stated.

Pop cousin dislike Metal music.
    Metal cousin doesn't really like pop.
    Pop cousin says my music is like lullabies (sleepy songs)
    Metal cousin says my music taste is chill.
    Tho I don't really prefer theirs i still listen to them sometimes.

In the end it doesn't really matter orz, it's just a different music taste, you're favourite songs might sound trash to them, and their favourite songs might sound trash to you, that's just how it works, i wish i could tell you the reason why, but you won't really get it fully not until you're in their brain lol.

10. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    ***Glittered gutter whore made of silicone.

Jojo775 likes this.
  11. WordEater

WordEater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG, thank you for sharing that. I really needed a laugh and this one took the cake.

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  12. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not?

I can eat good healthy vegan food but doesnt mean I wont chow fast food and instant noodle.
    I read and buy published novel but I like to read web novel that's not being edited by professional.

ANonMouse likes this.
  13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    It's different, I may not be a fan of a lot of genres but I don't hate them and think they are the cesspool of music.
    They have quality but they're not my style and that's fine. Those like Cardi don't have quality at all, just made by untalented narcissistic shallow tunedef hacks.

14. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    catchy songs be catchy.

Also, personally IDAF about lyrics, they could be narrating a guy killing his own mother and I'd still headbob to that tune if it gets me going. For me, lyrics CAN add to the experience, but it's so rare and even when it does, it's not by much, so I don't really care and just tune out the words in my head. Although, I have to admit I appreciate the lyrics in things like the Epic Rap Battles of History.

15. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    You're missing at least one category here, novel > web novel > mtl web novel > mtl chinese fanfic. So Ed Sheeran, I like his few hits... is fast food, it's not the same as...I'll just keep using Cardi as an example but there are plenty others, which are in the category of mtl chinese fanfic.

16. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd choose mtl webnovel from webnovel (i think you meant translation web novel) if no one picking it up and when the translation is far from perfect and never get finished.
    I dont think I like Ed Sheran's song. But I know I never like Justine Bieber's song. Only like one of Bruno Mars. As for Cardi B, it's not strange to see vulgar songs are famous. It's not only her doing it and not only in usa. What's that to say about the mainstream is *shrug
    The playlist in that yt is good tho.
    People have and can choose their own preferences :D.