Request I Need A Medical Professional's Advice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SquadCammander354, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I want someone who can help me with something, hopefully with some instructions. I need a medical professional's advice, specifically teeth.

Basically what happened was that my front tooth, the top left one, had a piece break off. I panicked a little, but I knew that it was going to be fine, I already had an appointment in another 2 days for the dentist, no big deal.

The problem started when I got there, apparently, I didn't have an appointment, so they gave me one.... in September. Just so you know, it's fucking JULY!

School starts in the middle of August, so what I need advice on is how the hell I'm supposed to deal with my teeth. You see, I smile a lot, and I don't want a resting dick face for a whole month after school starts, so I want a temporary solution, and I thought of dental cement.

Could I use this for an extended period of time, are there other solutions, will there be side effects, and will this actually work? Please give me as many details and advice as possible.

I don't want a link to somewhere, I just want you to inform me on this thread.

Here's an example, the red piece is the broken bit that I still have.
    brokentooth.png

2. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't think of too many worse places to ask for medical advice than a forum. Maybe a flat earth convention?

3. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    At first, I think that I should tell you to consult to your nearest professional dentist rather than here in NUF, but after reading your post closely and realizing that you might be living in US with its shitty health care system...

... I'm not a dentist, but using dental cement for a temporary solution is kinda not recommended. Also, don't do clinical things by yourself. Always go for professional help.

Oweng, Nyarlathotep, Capsize and 3 others like this.
  4. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to a different dentist.

It may cost a bit more to get prompt service but if this is important to you it is surely worth the cost.

I'd go somewhere quick too as reconstructing a tooth may require scans or molds which would require a minimum of 2 visits...

GonZ555, mir, Living Dream and 2 others like this.
  5. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    It's better than asking nowhere else, and Reddit seems too much for me.

Hmm, alright then. I'll ask my mother later, on a good day, if we could arrange an appointment to have them check it. They offered it to me at the clinic, but my mother had work to do so we had to leave.

However she said it would be for "checking it," they're not gonna do anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2019
  6. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    go see an f-ing doctor, why are you posting questions here? If you want it done faster, ask for an emergency

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  7. RNGesus

RNGesus <<+10 Luck upon seeing this Nuffian>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.... You could always make up a story about how you chipped your tooth. Play it right and you will get the sympathy votes.

Personally I recommend not giving a flying fudgesicle about it though. Smile and be confident!

raitei and SquadCammander354 like this.
  8. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with the rest of the guys, not exactly the place to get sound medical advice. However, I had a similar situation with canine tooth. I took way longer than advised to visit the dentist due to busy schedule. I would advise you visit the dentist immediately stating the emergency unless you want a root canal (can be very expensive or lose that tooth). You can rinse with keep that area clean to help prevent losing that tooth. Good luck

9. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in America, and I'm not sure if you know this, but the medical system is terrible. The dentists told me that they literally get paid for every appointment, so they give you an appointment for every one tooth.

It's that bizarness that's preventing me from seeing a doctor, also all there appointments are filled.

10. Heliowalton

Heliowalton Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Youd be surprised, ive gone in for checkups and had all kindsa stuff slipped into the same appointment. Definitely not a guarantee but at the very least youd get some advice on how to handle it. Also as an aside if anyone here tells you to do anything but seek a professional you should likely toss their post in the trash.

11. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I live here too. All dentists have a special emergency queue in case you need treatment ASAP. You can get an appointment on the same day and expedited treatment. There are also clinics and hospitals. Look around, find a good dentist, tell them your crack is bothering you and you feel pain or something. Get an emergency visit.
    I have a solution for you, you will have the best smile in school:
    [​IMG]

12. Kishimura

Kishimura 騎士村

Reading List:
    Link
    My advice is: Go to a different dentist.

13. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't go to the doctors, as their entire schedules are filled for the next 2 months. Also, I don't think we can afford anything involving "emergency" appointments, I mean ever since I've heard how much an ambulance ride costs, I've been scared of getting injured since, as I don't want to burden my mother as she already is.

My family is tired of me and my requests, and I don't think my mom has time for any of this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2019
  14. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Er... that one shitty family. Or perhaps you are making too many requests? How big is this chip anyway? If it's small enough, it might not even be visible...
    Anyway, you don't have to ask your mom for everything - do your own research. At least find the place you want to go to, and ask your mom make an appointment there. Or your dad

15. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't make a lot of requests, I just ask a lot of questions, which annoys everyone. However, I guess I'll just ask my mom these simple words, "Mom, should I just...relax and not worry about this?"

16. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to a different dentist, or ask around for one. Ask if they can fix your tooth in the same appointment, too. It's your best option.

17. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh just live with it. You grow old, you grow bald, you grow senile and there's nothing you can do about it. Got friends of Russian origin that have 2 missing front teeth one in each row that make him looks stupid although he isn't. We never think he is stupid after a while we just got used to it. You could even say it make his character.

18. rosyprimrose

rosyprimrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just a chipped tooth or did it completely break close to the gum? If its a big break then you need to see the dentist real soon. September is not going to cut it. You can develop infection in the tooth as you still have to eat and the food residue you can't completely brush out can cause bacteria to proliferate and hence lead to infection.

19. lin1339

lin1339 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would depend on the cement material.. if your dentist decides to use a temporary one, it would break easier than the permanent one

20. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you should read Apology by Plato...

Did you try to tell your mom that this actually important to you and that you feel depressed and stressed out about it? Instead of making a request, tell her that it's not just a whim...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.