Spoiler I Picked Up the Second Male Lead After the Ending

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Associated Names

엔딩 후 서브남을 주웠다
    Nu Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-picked-up-a-sub-man-after-the-ending/
    Raw Link(novel):https://m.novel.naver.com/webnovel/list.nhn?novelId=853017&page=6
    Manga Link: https://mangadex.org/title/58904/i-picked-up-the-second-male-lead-after-the-ending
    Raw Link(manga): https://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=761498
    Summary:

My favorite character in a novel was a sub man. A handsome face, a tsundere who listens to all the words of Yeoju while grunting, and has a straight-forward personality without harshness. matching all my tastes, he was even single after the ending. Good! I’ll have to pick up the sub man! However, there was one thing I overlooked… The tsundere, who had been abandoned by Yeoju and blackened, turned into a terrifying man!

“Get off.”

… Can I safely pick up the sub man?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Judy Rosso, xpeanut, jkumi7 and 17 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Judy Rosso, jkumi7, DOHere and 7 others like this.
  3. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    tsundere? that's new!!:blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk:

4. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the comments from dex, it seems like this story is going to be full of angst.

syofiaa likes this.
  5. nutsforsein

nutsforsein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm I read this story like months ago and dropped it exactly around chapter 14 bcuz it wasn’t my cup of tea after all(even though I’m a sucker for villainess and fluff)
    So basically what happened till I read:
    The FL reincarnated as a princess of the novel she read in her previous life as has a very frail body, So her family pretty much dotes her A LOT. She frequently catches cold every winter. The ML of the story is as the title and the synopsis says the Second male lead who is kinda like the villain in the OG!Novel. Our FL was a very big fan of his from her previous life and in her present life as well. The ML was always protecting the OG!FL whenever she was in trouble but is later banished to the cold north because he tried to rebel against the imperial family for the OG!FL. So the FL begs her family to let her marry our ML who is also the Grand duke to which her family strongly opposes. But here and there and they are finally convinced by th FL’s aegyo and let her marry to the ML. So she goes to the north,meets ML and the ML is very cold to her(but she doesn’t really care hahahahah). If I’m not wrong the FL gets sick bcuz of the cold weather in the north to which the ML says that she shouldn’t have come in the first place (not sure tho) Our FL LOVED to cook desserts in her previous life and cooks them for the ML too.
    She makes desserts for the ML and brings it to him in his office. AGAIN I don’t remember it properly but I think that she made him pudding and at first he is hesitant to eat it but later enjoys it(I think that he had a sweet tooth hmm:hmm:)
    The ML falls in love with her pretty quickly and whenever she stupidly smiles, He’s like blushing all over:blobxd:
    tbh the real reason I dropped this novel midway, No at only chapter 14 was beachside the MC was a bit to innocent for me and because all of the people surrounding me including myself are not very innocent:blobwoah:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  6. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    wait brother? tf? doesn't she have only 2 brothers in her own kingdom where did this 3rd one come from?

7. nutsforsein

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus I think that I’m getting confused or mixed up with other novels in the OG novel parts(pardon me):blobpensive: I will got read it till chap 20 and will be back with some better stuffs(I need to refresh my memories lololol) edit: Just confirmed they aren’t Sisters and brothers(pardon me 2X) Apparently MC is from A small kingdom INSIDE the empire so Yh I got my facts mixed up:blobwoah:

8. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Richt actually rebelled on purpose because the emperor and empress didn’t have much power. he made an agreement with his brother to pretend to be the head of the rebellion and gave his brother information on the rebellion. what’s so sad is that he purposely banished himself, so he can’t see the og fl, he really loved her :cry: and that made the og fl feel really guilty cuz she rejected him​

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    M30WWWW, Lignin, Blue_C06 and 75 others like this.
  9. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    any further spoiler on improvement of their relationship?

Rania want to QT and Seiren88 like this.
  10. Wapdyne

Reading List:
    Link
    (Pionnie) “Duke I like you”

maybe time had stopped Richt in front of me wasn’t moving at all. I, too, stopped breathing and looked at him ( last part of chapter 37 )

( start of chapter 38 also ML POV )

I thought that one day the princess would confess to me but I didn’t know if that would be now if one day she confessed of course Richt was willing to refuse but I didn’t know that the words wouldn’t come out at once

(Richt) “princess pionnie”

Richt sang pionnie name I just called her out but the blonde trembled where is only hair? (??? Lol)
    The eyelashes on her face wore a terrified expression and her biting lips were trembling the same was true of pionnie’s white hand it was a small pretty hand in her mouth the same was true of the delicate shoulders that I had one day embraced in the mountains for a while. She was trembling more immediately after confessing her heart to myself than when I met a terrifying beast.

(Richt) “... ... .”

looking at her Richt’s mouth couldn’t fall there were no more words of rejection I had to do it thought. I am not your partner you have to meet a better person a small and pretty princess like you should meet a wonderful prince who will only love your forever.

(Richt) “... ... .”

But it didn’t come out as if he had been stuck in his throat Richt just blew his mouth and couldn’t say it.

(Pionnie) “its okay”

Again it was pionnie who took the courage I couldn’t figure out where the courage came from that small and delicate body

(Pionnie) “you don’t have to answer now”

she laughed. She held her trembling hands tightly and showed Richt a smile as if when she was so nervous. Apparently it was a consideration not to burden Richt it would have been a smile that meant you were okay but pionnie seemed to not know that her smile at his was not as perfect as she thought. She barely raised the corner of her mouth and smiled but it was barely even she was shaking a little beside, her eyes were sad like someone who knows that Richt will reject her confession

(Richt) “... ... .”

so Richt could say anything more if he refused pionnie now, she seemed to will cry even now she had sorrowful eyes and if I said anything it seemed that tears would soon spill out of those big eyes and Richt didn’t want to see pionnie like that

(Pionnie) “ I’m just happy to hear that the Eclair I gave you today is delicious”

As he looked at pionnie smiling again Richt’s heart was throbbing Richt knew well how sad it was to confess even thought he knew he would be rejected And how painful it is that the person u like doesn’t like you

(Pionnie) “I’ll get up first a bit later ... ... I have an appointment with the empress”

pionnie rising from the table leaving the room, pionnie closing the door looked at Richt. No I couldn’t even say a word. He couldn’t

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  11. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    At that time he didn't really see her clearly since MC was behind Hestia. That was the excuse they claimed later on but during the incident I wasn't able to tell and it just seemed even though he went there to rescue both, his priority was more on Hestia than his own fiance. Even Hestia felt bad over it and cried afterwards to her husband. Her husband told her it wasn't her fault either, but Hestia does know of ML's feelings. She was hoping ML would move on from his love for her.

12. Wapdyne

Reading List:
    Link
    (Hestia) “Sigh......”

Hestia sighed looking at the nasty Richt in front of her. It was Richt who had became more disgusting while I hadn’t seen him. In the past Richt grumbled with his mouth, but hestia had a clear view of what he was thinking however whether it is because of his age or because he is locked up in the north the ambiguity added to him and his personality seemed worse than before it was Hestia who suddenly became more Anxious whether it was okay to leave the lovely Pionnie to this guy ( lol )

(Hestia) “ but she likes richt”

I did. She had only seen it a few times, but Hestia’s eyes clearly showed that Pionnie was fond of Richt. Pionnie’s eyes which are usually open lanterns, shimmer and shine even more when looking at Richt Her white soft looking cheeks shyly turned pink when she looked into his eyes so Hestia liked Pionnie even better. The innocence of being able to like someone that way the innocence that cannot hide it made her look more loving Of course, the opponent was also Richt it was enough for Hestia that Hestia was a girl who was good at her brother in law who was kindly crooked to Richt who had a debt of heart

(Hestia) “the wedding ceremony”

Hestia looked straight at him and talked so that he could hear her

(Richt) “wedding ceremony?”

(Hestia) “Okay”

(Richt) “Someone’s?”

It was once again proven that Richt did not really listen to Hestia at all. She felt her fists clenched by itself.

(Hestia) “you”

(Richt) “I?”

(Hestia) “okay. You and pionnie’s wedding”

Richt’s mouth widened

(Richt) “okay wait. Why are u talking about me?”

(Hestia) “it’s your wedding day so who am I talking to”

(Richt) “who is getting married”

(Hestia) “then u won’t? You said she was your fiancé”

(Richt) “she is my fiancé. But marriage... ... .”

(Hestia) “RICHT!”

she couldn’t take it anymore and Hestia cried out

(Hestia) “you’re engaged but your not getting married? What irresponsibility is that”

(Richt) “this is an engagement with some circumstances”

(Hestia) “what circumstances”

(Richt) “you don’t need to know.”

(Hestia) “no I need to know”

Hestia’s eyes were resolute Richt looked at Hestia and sighed. Always he has never beaten Hesti not even once

(Richt) “she wanted it”

(Hestia) “What?”

(Richt) “I mean this betrothal there are circumstances in addition. There’s a deadline”

(Hestia) “there’s a deadline?”

(Richt) “okay at first it was 100 days and now maybe... ... there are about 65 days left.”

(Hestia) “what’s in 65 days later?”

(Richt) “probably breaking up”

(Hestia) “RICHT!”

this time he forgot about the empress’s face and stood up from his seat. hitting the table with her hands. Her red hair seemed to be burning because Hestia’s eyes were burning with anger

(Hestia) “what you’re saying now is you’re thinking of making princess pionnie a broken woman?”

(Richt) “it’s not broken it’s just broken it wasn’t that she got it, it was an agreement ( ??? )

(Hestia) “where’s a woman who wants to take the stigma of being a married woman!”

Of course Richt agreed with Hestia’s words because he thought so too he made such an offer to pionnie it means that you should be engaged first, and you can’t take responsibility afterwards. If I said that. I thought I would withdraw. It is said that there is no way to engage in any kind of engagement that might overthrow the stigma that a princess in a country is a broken woman, and that there’s no engagement ceremony or engagement ring but pionnie smiled and readily accepted the engagement besides it wasn’t myself who set the deadline it was Pionnie who asked for a meeting with myself for 100 days and that she would return to Garten cleanly after the deadline

(Richt) “Again that’s what the princess wanted”

(Hestia) “then I’ll tell u, what the princess really wants is a marriage to you. Then will u marry her too?”

(Richt) “no.”

(Hestia) “you say your getting engaged why can’t u get married”

(Richt) “because the princess should not marry me”

(Hestia) “why”

(Richt) “that princess has to meet a man who really loves her not a guy like me”

(Hestia) “does she love you?”

(Richt) “I don’t do it.” (?)

(Hestia) “then u can do it”

Hestia said seriously to Richt. And when he spoke his thoughts. It sounded like it was really possible it was a cute and lovely princess. She was a pure and pretty woman who seemed to fall in love with anyone. She was a lovely women who seemed to be able to fall in love, no matter how rich she was Pionnie

(Richt) “is it possible that way”

But in Richt ears it didn’t seem to sound possible Previously Richt’s eyes changed who had been indifferent, or a little annoying giving a full answer to Hestia’s words with a little irritation there was anger in the eyes that started at Hestia fiercely. There was also resentment that did not know his heart.

(Richt) “did u like that? Was it your way to love Michael? ( that’s the OG ML btw ) Ah! Okay I have to love this man. Does it make you love me?”

(Hestia) “Richt... ... .”

(Richt) “ if it was like that wouldn’t you love me? Did u try to love me, not Michael? If the person’s mind is like that, it’s what you want!”

(Hestia) “Richt, you can’t... ... yet... ... .”
    ( she meant that he couldn’t still love her )

Hestia stuttered as if she couldn’t believe it although he was the same age as myself it was Richt who felt like a younger brother who seemed to be spoiled. So it was definitely a confession of Richt, who thought it was about my first love
    When he blessed the love of Me and Michael and when he was willing to accuse himself of a traitor for us Hestia thought that Richt has cleared up his mind. So when she heard that he was engaged to Garten’s princess, and when she saw that lovely princess, Hestia was really happy thinking that Richt has now found his true love but looking at Richt’s actions and expressions... ... it wasn’t.

(Richt) “Tea I drank well”

The cold Tea In front of me was emptified at once and Licht who put the cup down almost as if breaking. Stood up

(Hestia) “now wait a second”

(Richt) “ Do u have anything to say”

He stopped at Hestia’s urgent words but did not turn his head Hestia sighed just looking at Richt’s back in the head. What can I say? Me who rejected Richt’s heart. As he said a person’s mind did not go his way

(Hestia) “I wish you were happy”

(Richt) “... ... .”

(Hestia) “I’m serious.”

(Richt) “... ... I know.”

I knew Hestia’s hear and pionnie’s heart. What he didn’t know was his own mind. I couldn’t figure out why u couldn’t refuse a single sword. Why hesitated why he gave the princess a time like a useless torture of hope, and why do I keep thinking of the princess’s eyes and her sad eyes?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  13. Esmerid

Esmerid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok now i want to know the ending :notlikeblob: . Poor our princess, she suffered so much to be loved by him. I want to punch him :blobtriumph::blobpensive:

14. Wapdyne

Reading List:
    Link
    Currenly the raws in naver novel are at chapter 82 . there’s 10 days left for the engagements deadline to finish and richt still hasn’t confessed, he’s practicing how to confess lmao the novel has 117 chapters. I hope he confesses early because there aren’t that many chapters left

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    agathe, chiri.ru, Blablasimp and 24 others like this.
  15. Esmerid

Esmerid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was completed. Thank you for the information. He need to do a very heartfelt confession if he wants to be forgiven:blobhero:

16. Mycutiepie

Mycutiepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Dark Minds Think Alike

Dark Minds Think Alike Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh I feel you. I wish it was completed, but I will go on an adventure with you and get the new punching bag

18. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank God. The og. Leads are not pos. It sounds like everybody was hurt and they want him to be happy.
    It's really good when we think about the second lead that everybody likes more than the ml lmao. Idk why the second leads chemistry is always better

Lignin, Boopbup, Blablasimp and 14 others like this.
  19. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    I only remember 2 jealous moments from our ML. It's too bad our MC suffers more because her love for him is really great. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

The first time he was jealous was
    they had a conversation on what MC likes. He says she's obsessed with strawberries since she was always making strawberry desserts initially and wanting to plant a strawberry field. She tries to deny it and claims she loves grapes and he asked if she's obsessed with grapes then, to which she then tries to tell him she actually loves 'men'. She was trying to hint so hard she loves him, but he took it the wrong way and thought she is just someone who likes to get close with men in general. Also thought she can't choose between men like how she can't choose between strawberries and grapes and loves both.

This was brought up again when she was not feeling well and her maid told ML that she was calling for sub nam-ju in her sleep and he thought she is pining for another guy while claiming to also love him. He got upset.

The other incident was closer to latest chapter I've read
    MC got invited to tea by the nobleman. She had told him she will go ask the grandma for some dessert along the way of her plans. He asked what plans and she told him some guy invited her to tea at some roll cake shop. She wanted to ask him what roll cake he likes to which he pettily claims he hates roll cakes and blame it on hating snails so MC in her head thought she need to stop mentioning snails in the future.

20. nutsforsein

Reading List:
    Link
    Kay I read it again to refresh my memory(Only a few chaps tho lol):sushi_cool:
    So our MC thinks about how cold the ML is to everyone(which includes her)And then she realizes that the ML she fell in love was the Sub ML(aka our ML)from the book because about how he was tsundere but would be warm only to the OG!FL and that she is not the female lead of the OG novel. She tries to control her tears in front of the ML to which the ML is kinda flustered.Then a fork/spoon drops and makes a loud sound to which the MC’s heart thumps and she realizes that it wasn't the loud sound of the spoon dropping that made her heart thump, but that she was heart broken inside:blob_teary:And she excuses herself out of the room and the ML thinks about how she was trying to hold her tears back;-;

As the previous posts mentioned about how the MC loves strawberries, One day the strawberries finish so the MC,Her maid Marie and the knight Andy go to the hill to pick some raspberries instead to make some desserts.MC climbs a tree and starts to pick some raspberries and fills them in her basket. Later she calls Marie because she couldn’t come down on her own but she doesn’t here any response. Turns out Andy and Marie went to see a path that was nearby so they couldn’t hear her voice.Suddenly the MC sees a beast with his saliva drooling and it was staring at her:blobsleepless:The MC is SHOOKED and ends up falling from the tree to the ground on top of the raspberries. Then the beast is coming in high speed to harm her and the MC closes her eyes and.......She wasn’t hurt. She looks up and sees the ML with a bloody sword staring down at her.She was so terrified that she starts to cry and the ML pats her back and supports her:blobuwu: Then Andy and Marie come and start to apologize saying that they went to the nearby path and the ML kinda shouts at them saying that if the princess was hurt,Are they willing to take the responsibility from the people of her kingdom:blobcat_hyper:Marie and Andy start to say to punish them but the MC forgives them saying that it’s fine and it wasn’t their fault . oh yh and the ML scolds the MC as well for being irresponsible and climbing a tree just for raspberries.

The maid Marie and The knight Andy end up together:bloblove:

Oki I didn’t read the previous chapters but I’m assuming that they(MC and ML) were lost in a forest or something and end up staying at an abandoned cottage/hut.
    The place where the MC and the ML was a cold place so they cuddled(?)to sleep or was it just embrace lol.
    When they return Marie asks the MC about how did they survive in such a cold place and if they found a cave or hut to which the MC replies that they found a hut and spent the night there plus the ML embraced her. Marie suddenly thinks about this situation from a novel mind that when a man and woman are lost in a forest and find a cave or hut plus are cold, they Embrace each other to keep their bodies warm. They embrace with their *cough*naked bodies and have *ahem* snusnu(yk what I mean:blobamused:)
    then her maid asks her how did they embrace each other’s naked body to which the MC is all pink because she finally got what Marie meant and denies it strongly and says that they had their CLOTHS ON:blobcatblush: