Spoiler I Picked Up the Second Male Lead After the Ending

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Manhwalover2

Manhwalover2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree with you.
    I also find the webtoon richt so enjoyable and not frustating like novel richt.
    I know its not easy to forget someone you love before, but the novel richt so slow in develoment, even after he started to realise his feeling.

I also hope in the next season webtoon we gonna see more fun side of richt.

The novel too frustating since it took 90 chapter for richt to chase peony

i am with you..
    I also like webtoon version more.
    In truth, when the webtoon just out only 2 chapter, i read the novel spoiler and dropped the webtoon. But yesterday, i picked it up again and i love it.
    And confuse why its not frustating as in spoiler :D.
    Turns out the version really different

Nekota28, BellaReader and MianneChan like this.
  2. Deleted member 409933

Deleted member 409933 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    is there any where I can read chapters 10+ from the novel translated into english? I've really enjoyed reading those first ten chapters on here. I am enjoying the webtoon even more than the novel, but I like being able to look forward to the parts I've already read. I know the most important parts are chapter 87 onward, but I just really want to read those middle areas for myself although I've already spoiled it with these spoilers lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2021
  3. MianneChan

MianneChan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also remember dropping this for some reason (probably because of the spoilers lol) but when I read it again, I fell in love with it. I hope many people will read it. Richt and Peony's relationship is just so heartwarming.
    I liked how he thought about peace while looking at Peony and when he had a nightmare, he looked at Peony as if she grounds him and comforts him just by existing.

4. Diana Solis

Diana Solis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ¿Why did he save the queen and not Penny? Please :(

5. Sweetpopcorn

Sweetpopcorn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All I hope is they change the manhwa story a bit cuz I really do like peony and ml together:cry::cry::cry::cry:

zoefleyl likes this.
  6. kakashi61

kakashi61 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unbeknownst to the Queen, she appeared before the FL. FL stayed behind. That's why ML saved the queen first. The Queen was then very ashamed of what she had done, but it was too late.

shikirri and Tamyave like this.
  7. nee3n

nee3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for spoilers, I've just read the manhwa and can't get enough of it :justabotow:. This tropes/clichés are really my type so it became close to me.

Would it be a problem if I compiled the spoilers for personal viewing?

BellaReader likes this.
  8. thomie

thomie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WEEEEEEE NEEEDDDDDDDD SECONNDDDDDDD MALEE LEADDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

9. _sasvke

_sasvke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Sorry it's not a spoiler, but does anyone know where I can find the novel in Korean or the novel in English please?? I just can't find it:cry: (I can't access Naver because it requires a Korean number....)

10. mafuyutk

mafuyutk New Member

Reading List:
    Link

11. Kavalia

Kavalia New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this was a real ending

12. Deleted member 424436

Deleted member 424436 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw this manhwa's new chapter at Newtoki just now and I found there are many things which deviated from novel like she got kidnapped from that carriage and there is another man who saved her from those attacker's .Our mc and that man having conversations and all on the other side our ml is anxious.

I just saw it today so I'm not sure(as in this thread I didn't read this particular scene or maybe I missed some spoiler's).And if it didn't mention in novel then manhwa deviated as what it seems from new chapter .

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2022
  13. MianneChan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that scene in the webtoon didn't happen in the novel. Jungseo-nim changed the scene where Richt mistakenly saved Hestia instead of Peony by separating the two.
    The guy with gray hair is bad news, never trust him. He is an a**hole. Also, heads up for chapter 54, there's a sexual harrassment scene there that might be uncomfortable to read for some. Just be careful when reading.

Unlike the novel, Richt was given a choice here and he clearly chose Peony not just over Hestia but over everything, especially his reinstatement as Prince and Commander of the palace knights. Before this, gray-haired man was obsessed with Peony and wanted to make her his but she doesn't want to. He told Peony that Richt won't save her.

When the rebels kidnapped Hestia and Peony, there's a note in one of the dead bodies in the scene saying Richt should come alone or else they will kill Hestia. I think there's a time limit, which is before sunset but I'm not sure. When Richt was considering, he wasn't considering Peony vs. Hestia but it's about choosing to follow the norm among palace knights which is putting Hestia's safety over everything else and just pray that the duchy's knights will find Peony (Devon's words everyone, you'll probably hate him this chapter :blobangery:) or choosing Peony and saving her instead (basically putting his chance of getting reinstated quite slim imo, especially if Hestia will be injured before she is rescued).

Richt thought, "If I choose something, I'll lose something."
    The background for the choose part was a knight (the one showed when Devon was talking about what palace knights should do in that situation) so I believe it's about being reinstated as Prince and becoming the Commander of palace knights again. The background in the lose part was Richt holding the engagement rings in chapter 50.

Since the Empress is also kidnapped, it makes no sense for the knights to go save someone else (Devon's words). That's why Richt said, he's the only one who could save Peony as someone who was kicked out of the emperial family. So, based on Richt's analogy above, when Richt chose to save Peony, he "lost" the chance of being reinstated. It showed where Richt's heart is because both are in a grave situation, with Hestia's kidnapper giving an ultimatum that only Richt could fulfil and Peony having no one to save her but him.

If Richt didn't save Peony or arrived late, Peony could have d worded because the assassin (?), the crazy guy who was obsessed with Peony, didn't want to give her back to her kidnappers and the kidnappers wanted to kill that guy then Peony next. Good thing Richt came on time. If he was a little later, who knew what could have happened :blob_teary:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  14. Deleted member 424436

Deleted member 424436 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for clearing my doubts .Manhwa did a fantastic job that it just didn't show that scene because in its novel (according to spoiler in this thread).I really disliked that scene ,I hated that scene and thank god manhwa skipped it .

Manhwa is doing great job while portraying Richt because he is different from novel and at manhwa it clearly showed that how much he cared for our Mc even though he is tsundere lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2022
  15. MianneChan

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually thought it wouldn't make sense if that would happen because they're relationship is really good now. Richt was planning to propose to Peony before everything happened so reverting them to that kind of relationship wouldn't work. I thought if that would happen (before I read that chapter), I thought Richt would do his best to save Peony, even if it means getting hurt just to ensure she's safe.

Chapter 56 also made me realize how serious Richt is about Peony. He really wants to marry her.

I edited the spoiler and added some parts.

16. nyxxx

nyxxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lady to Queen' ml is on a different level. This novel's ml isn't all that good but he's a saint compared to Lady to Queen's ml.

17. Dark headaa

Dark headaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just watched manga new raw episode god if grey head guy did anything to mc I am gonna go inside and take his balls but why is obsessed with mc???

18. MianneChan

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers of chapters 57 and 58. The development now in the webtoon doesn't follow the novel at all so this would be exciting.

Richt and Peony rode a horse to go save Hestia but on the way, they met the palace knights with Mikhail and Hestia. Hestia has a huge wound on her face. That scene was so tension-y :sweating_profusely:

Mikhail told Hestia afterwards that if she had died, he would have killed Richt. Though he knows it's a vile anger because it's his fault.

Rumors about how Richt, the former knights commander, abamdoned the Empress to save the Gartenian princess has spread in the palace. The knights from Stern, who were appointed to different parts of the palace, were appointed to the Crown Prince palace where Richt and Peony were residing because of the turbulent public opinion (they are being ostracized). A knight that was previously under Richt's command picked a fight with the knights from Stern. Then he told Richt that he once told him to swallow his feelings to keep on protecting the Imperial family when his fiancee died while he was in the middle of the war. He then said Richt abandoned the Imperial Palace now (for the exact reason). So, he's not someone who can protect it anymore (super nonvervatim).

Garten heard what happened and Peony's 2nd brother (the one who accompanied her to Stern) rushed to the Imperial Palace to know what happened.

Peony was unconscious and in her dream, she met the soul of the real Peony. When real Peony and MC's souls met, they were connected so that's probably why real Peony could watch over MC. MC's soul was also transparent while real Peony's soul wasn't, though the silhouette of MC's soul also looked like Peony. Real Peony said she can't ignore our MC's decisions any longer so she called her. Real Peony said MC broke their promise when she gave her her body to make her family happy. Real Peony thinks that marrying Richt is dangerous because MC may die because of it (which will make her family unhappy). Real Peony gave our MC an ultimatum to break the engagement with Richt and go back to Garten. If she wouldn't, real Peony will replace MC with another soul (she was mad y'all).

Another interesting part was after Peony's state stabilized, the doctor thought that her body seemed like it died once then came back. So real Peony really died that day when MC took over her body. Maybe there's something about Peony's soul that made Peony's body alive again but no info about that yet.

The chapter ended with Hestia meeting with Richt. This was possibly after Hestia and Mikhail met with Peony's brother.

Another one, there's a villain here that didn't exist in the novel, which is Meloda Drois. Seems like she has grudge with Richt, Hestia, and Mikhail.

Jungseo-nim (webtoon creator) is hiding Richt's POV. I really hope we get it in the next ep.

Richt looked like he has a lot on his mind when he saved Peony especially when Peony asked him about Hestia. He knew the consequences of his decision so I hope to know more about what he thinks and feels about the situation. He is probably beating himself up with the fact that his fear that Peony will get hurt because of him happened. I know Richt chose Peony despite the huge repercussions of his actions but he seemed really conflicted so I want to know his thoughts. I kinda want him to say that he doesn't regret saving Peony and that if he will ever face the same situation, he will make the same choice :blob_teary:

I also want to see his furious face when the a**hole kissed Peony in front of him since Richt immediately tried to attack after that. Richt's expressions in that scene seemed like in a third-person POV so please :blob_teary:

Makes me think their separation is inevitable because of the soul thing but man, Richt would be miserable because he would lose everything :blob_teary: He lost the trust of his subordinates, his image as traitor was solidified with the fact that he chose to save Peony and abandoned the Empress, and Peony :blob_teary:

One part of me is convinced that they will choose to be together. When Peony woke up from her dream, her first thought was Richt. It pained Richt when he thought about losing Peony (he remembered that scene when he told Peony that he has something to tell her when they go back to Stern). He looked mad when Devon said something about not being able to do anything for Peony other than praying that the duchy's knights will find her. When Devon stopped him from saving Peony, eventually abandoning Hestia the Empress, Richt looked so worried, upset, and angry. They also talked about Richt pushing Peony away for her safety twice and in those talks, I think they've established that they want to be together (Richt in his stundere way)

He's just a crazy guy :blobcat_hyper:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  19. StellaStar1

StellaStar1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great twist with the changing of the original novel! Can't wait for some manhwa chapters to get translated, I quite like this one, interesting character although MC can be a bit airheaded, she's cute in her own way, and Ritch isn't the typical boring tsundere.

20. Deleted member 409933

Deleted member 409933 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I'm screaming (in joy) with these spoilers! I'm happy to read that Richt has a better relationship with Peony in the manwha than in the novel.

MianneChan likes this.