Spoiler I Raised The Beast Well / 곱게 키웠더니, 짐승

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by roseO, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Npc97

Npc97 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t find the complete novel anywhere online and all I can find in chapters goes to 61 (on here I found 80-84).

If anyone has copies of 62-79 and 85 to the end and would like to share I would really appreciate that.

or if anyone knows where I can read the entire thing in English.

Thanks

boom2424 likes this.
  2. GoldenTales

GoldenTales Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I read on other forums, someone reported MTLcorner so they had to take the website down for a bit and go into hiding so they wouldn’t get into serious trouble. It’s such a shame, they had a lot of novels I was trying to keep up on on there :(

Smile_for_me and boom2424 like this.
  3. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The while getting killed of jealousy trope is so fucking annoying

4. LePetiteReader

LePetiteReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the emperor changed a lot since Blondina came. I think he really loved her mother but he was forced to marry the empress since it's said that Blondina is about a year older than the twins?

He seemed to be softer to Blondina as the chapters go by and we don't get much of an interaction with him and the empress. But to me, he looks like a good father who, after Blondina came, he realised and broke himself from the mindset he was forced on to by the noblesse oblige since he could remember. During the hunting arc after Amon and Blondina grew up, he looked so proud and repeatedly said, looks like his daughter (He never said the princess, he only repeated daughter ;-;) won the competition by default. When the 2nd ML offerred her a bear, it was the biggest catch and he was very happy saying he thought he won with the deer he caught and he was glad he's not the only one who finds his daughter (Blondina) beautiful. One of the best redeption ever, not needing an arc but he slowly chances through the story by his own realisation. He didn't even show favorism to the twins when to comes to their desires of wanting the throne, he gave Adeline the key and trust while he gave an advice and sort of a blessing like 'be powerful enough so you can protect the one you love' even after Lart directly asked why he abandoned Blondina's mother. Probably a reference to how he had no power t

Sadly, that still happens irl and almost all the killers are men who couldn't take rejection. A 13 year old girl was killed in my place because she rejected a 34 year old guy who has been hitting on her since she was 11

How do I add screenshots to the comment so I can spoil when Daddy Emperor keeps singing and looking so proud of his baby Blondina in ch 32?

syofiaa, beazacha, blacknevar and 2 others like this.
  5. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn’t look to me that the Emperor is a good father to Blondina, because he basically exiled her into a separate palace and didn’t really care to talk to her or give her best teachers or maids the way he did with the twins. He also didn’t bother to teach her the language which iirc is supposed to be taught by the family member. It was Amon who taught Blondina.
    The Emperor also started showing any feelings towards Blondina only after he found out that she’s loved by Amon, before that he was totally neutral like she didn’t exist.
    And I don’t think he loved Blondina’s mother that much. Yes, he was in love and had a happy romantic time with her, but after he’s left he didn’t care to send even one subordinate to that village to check on her, he just continued living his life. And he might feel sorry now that he’s learned she had a hard time and was faithfully waiting for him, but he always found justifications about his actions like he had to leave and he had to marry someone else, because that’s his responsibility as an Emperor, which is a load of bs to be honest.

smeilia, samster, MuyBuy and 12 others like this.
  6. Smile_for_me

Smile_for_me Isekai enthusiast/ knovel lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the emperor wasnt forced to marry at all, he chose responsibility. He loved blondina's mom yeah but the had a motive too it wasnt pure love and his promise of "coming back" after becoming the emperor completely slipped his mind and he forgot about blondina's mom till blondina came back.

AhhhhHHh thats sad:blobsob::blobsob: i had alot of books bookmarked there what a shame:blob_teary:

7. GoldenTales

GoldenTales Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember too though his conversation he had with Bridey in the garden. He said he assumed Bridey’s mom had gotten married to some nobleman after he had left and Bridey had to tell him that she never once married and waited for him. He put her in a separate palace because he was (at first) more concerned with the image of having a daughter with mixed blood. Keeping her in a separate palace was him trying to hide her away I think.

We’ve also seen that it’s normal for maids to quit on Bridey because of her mixed blood, so I wouldn’t say his lack of effort is the only issue.

I would agree that he's definitely not a good father, but he has slowly started warming up and accepting Bridey and being nicer to her in general. In the beginning he basically said “pretend like you don’t exist” whereas now he’s announcing publicly “that’s my daughter”. He’s not redeemed yet, but I think we’re seeing some redemption in the works!

samster, beazacha, blacknevar and 2 others like this.
  8. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you’re too nice! I see only a selfish person who’s only concerned about his image and “warms up” to his firstborn daughter only after he sees that she’s friends with Amon and he might be able to gain profits out of their relationship.
    He’s an Emperor, if he had brought in his illegitimate daughter and showed everyone how he valued and loved her, no one would dare to ignore her. Same with his so called love to her mother. He “thought she’s married some nobleman”, but he never cared enough to check if it’s true, because it would have been inconvenient for him to know that there’s a woman with his child waiting for his return.
    Even the fact that he approached Blondina’s mother because of her appearance shows that he’s a very twisted person and I personally don’t think he deserves any redemption.

9. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok the dad stepped down gave his throne to his son becuz he felt guilty for how his 2nd daughter turned out, what happend next? Where is the father and what is he doing? Did he bother trying to remember Belinda's mom? Did he repent besides stepping down?

Creolenerd, boom2424 and milkberrrry like this.
  10. suntastic40

suntastic40 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am on the "I hate Trise" train. Trise (the emperor) chose to leave Lily (Blondina's mom) and Blondina (she was a baby/young child) to claim the throne as his "duty" (but it was really greed). I assume he fell in "love" with Lily's looks since that is the primary description he has of her. Lily had golden hair and golden eyes which was the featured combo known to belong to a group of people that are able to control the Shinsus (divine beings). He left a ring (proving royal lineage, but Lily didn't know what it was for) with the promise that he will come back to get them after he reclaims his birthright. Lily knew he was a noble but not his actual history. Lily kept the ring as a keepsake until her death and passed it on to Blondina at the end. He didn't leave them with anything else for funds. He never even sent anyone to guard them in secret. He even admits to forgetting about Lily and Blondina and CHOSE to marry the empress to legitimize his new heirs since they were fully royal (Lily was a commoner). When he finally remembered them, he made excuses in his mind to excuse his behavior, he thought: "Lily is attractive, she probably married a noble and is living a happy life" without even properly searching to confirm his assumptions. Blondina's flashbacks showed that at some point Lily probably figured out Trise left her forever but continued to wait for him, because of his promise to return to them, until she died of a disease. It is shown in the beginning that he kept Blondina in a separate palace since she was only half a royal. He received notice that she was alive when Blondina tried to pawn off the ring to escape the abusive working conditions at her job after her mom died (she was still a child). He only started treating Blondina a little better since the Shinsus treated her in a favorable light and when Blondina confirmed that Lily died waiting for him and never took in another lover. GAWD I HATE HIM SO MUCH.

11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought he left Blondina’s mom when they didn’t know yet about her pregnancy, but if Blondina was already born it makes him even more hateful.

12. suntastic40

suntastic40 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assumed he knew because he immediately said he was the father in the 1st chapter after looking at her and asking Blondina if Lily was her mother. Especially since he "thought" that Lily moved on by marrying another noble (Chapter 10). I might need to reread for context again.

Yea man, I hate his guts for that.

13. Mischee

Mischee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can you please tell me what really happened?

boom2424 likes this.
  14. milkberrrry

milkberrrry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I’m wondering, what’s actually Amon’s divine power? Did it make him super strong? But he was hurt when he was a baby (when he first met Blondina). When he gave it back to Blondina, did he just turn into a normal Shinsu? Will he regain it again?:hmm:

boom2424 likes this.
  15. Smile_for_me

Reading List:
    Link
    im not sure by what you mean about "type of divine power" but my guess is its something similar to bridy since it was her who gave it to him. I think it just made him extra strong and the will rebel against the origin(baharam's power/bridy's power)

And not a normal shinshu but just a normal leopard. Not able to speak nor understand bridy, he avoided bridy alot during that part but he did have alot of leftover feelings so he still stayed around the palace subconsciously, and about regaining it...i dont think he did, i dont remember any indications of bridy using powers on amon again. He just regained conscious(through the power of love ig? Lmao)

Some parts may be wrong feel free to correct me:blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:

syofiaa, Snow fluff, Piglove and 4 others like this.
  16. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

No he hasn't changed. The Emperor is still the same. The reason Adellai is the way she is because she takes the most after him and has been influenced by his "teachings". For example, both of them put the priority of their ambitions of power and authority above anything and anyone else. Familial or romantic bonds mean nothing to them unless there is a benefit for them. This is demonstrated in how the Emperor abandoned Lily and Blondina in order to seek the things he truly desired - power and authority.
    And how Adellai sees her twin brother as nothing more than a pawn to use to help her achieve her goals.

The Emperor not only abandoned his lover and child, he lied to Blondina's mother that he would return when in reality he had no intention in returning. He had only sought out the "commoner" Lily because of her appearance -she had the physical traits of someone who is descended from Barahan. His interest had always been a superficial one in her.

When it became obvious she had no magical gifts to control the divine beasts and her connection to Baraham is purely physical appearance only, he dumped her to find a more suitable bride to be his Empress and start another family. What's worse is that he leaves her with the false hope he will return.

As Lily and Blondina suffered in poverty and misery he made no effort to support or contact them. And Lily still hoped in vain that one day he would return. Even on her dying bed she still loved him after she realized he had abandoned her. Meanwhile, the Emperor more or less forgot her and had already had a new family.
    Had she not run away in the beginning of the novel, Blondina would have been sold into child prostitution to that rapist Baron by the abusive couple that used her as a house slave after her mother died.

The Emperor'ss only passing thought of Lily was "She's good-looking I'm sure she will be some nobleman's mistress." - As if that is how assess her worth? Prostituting herself to a nobleman in order for a better life.

He is only taking an interest in Blondina now because of good relations with the Shinsu whom he is desperate to monopolise. The whole reason he shacked up with her mother as he had hoped she was the successor of Barahan who could possess the ability to "control" the divine beasts. It's not due to "fatherly" sentiment.

Prior to that, he was neglectful and more or less indifferent to Blondina because of her "mixed" blood.
    The only reason he "claimed" her as his daughter as she was caught trying to sell his relic and feared she could be used as leverage against him due to her origins.

During their first official encounter at tea with her siblings present, the Emperor speaks to her as if he is talking down to her and to know her place.
    He makes sure to instruct her to live in the Palace as if she is invisible and to keep out of his way to not cause him or the other royals any trouble. The twins observe this and snigger since they perceive this as their father recognizing her inferior status compared to them.

He says this all as Blondina has to endure watching him doting on his children (especially Adellai) as a father would, whereas he more or less ignores her with the exception of the occasional conversation.

Under these circumstances, this would explain why her siblings treated her with such hostility and bullied her. Their own father made it apparent for all of them he obviously values or thinks of Blondina as not of the same worth or importance as his "legitimate" children.

He secludes Blondina to a separate "lesser" isolated Palace to keep her out of the public eye (due to his shame of her being of "commoner" blood) and provides her with inferior resources in terms of education, maids, clothes, and housing when compared to his other children. That even the maids [whom Blondina treats VERY kindly] don't want to serve Blondina because of her obvious lowered status and inferior rank in the Imperial family could cause harm to their reputation if they worked for her. They would much prefer to work under Adellai (who isn't as kind to her servants) because of this.
    Whose fault is that?

For instance, The Emperor thoughtlessly gave her a dress to wear for a special royal banquet that wasn't part of the dress code that meant she had to endure the humiliation and be publicly shamed at an important event. With people openly mocking her and her peers bullying her. The Emperor makes no effort to defend her or rectify the situation that he is the one who gave the dress to Blondina or that nobody had informed her about the dress code for the event as they should have.

Unlike his other kids, he never bothers to teach her the ancient tongue that all royals are supposed to learn orally by their elders. Instead, she has to rely on Amon to teach her. Even Amon finds it odd when it came to giving her an imperial bracelet rather than do it personally as he would his other children, he sends a low-rank attendant to deliver it to her.

On rare occasions, when he recognizes her efforts and "praises" her it's still a back-handed compliment as he states she *almost a royal. And not long after that, all it took was Adellai to play a cutesy act and he transforms into a doting father for his beloved daughter Adellai right in front of Blondina as she gets Smirked at by Adellai.

As for the twins. He is clearly pitting them against each other to compete for the throne, using their ambitions ( Lart wants to Protect Lucy and Adellai wants absolute Power) to have them in the palm of his hand.

Ultimately this backfires and recognizes the monster he created in Adellai and does the only decent thing he has done in his life and abdicates in favor of his son. Keep in mind
    apart from grooming her into a mini-me he entrusted her literally with the keys that caused a war due to her foolishness. When upon unlocking his powers and memories Baharan's descendant turned on her not before causing mass death + destruction.

Despite starting out as a rowdy spoilt brat, Lart grew up to be the only one truly worthy of the throne, and unlike his father and sister - he actually v.alues the relationship bonds he has with those he cares about.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  17. milkberrrry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for answering! I was wondering about the divine power because:
    I didn’t know its significance in the story:blobsweat: I haven’t read the novel that far ahead yet or I completely overlooked it. Do the other shinsu leopards have divine power, too? Or only Amon because past Blondina gave it to him? So I was wondering that part mostly:blob_grin: LOL loves conquers all indeed

18. Smile_for_me

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats a good question though- i never wondered about that
    As far as i know its only amon :blobuwu:as hes the only one who can go against baharam. Maybe his resistance has something to do with who gave he can resist it and kill the baharam's descendant, also added with his grudge against baharam himself

novel didnt really specify how shinshus came to be or why they can talk when the past amon couldnt even communicate with bridy until she passed him some powers(its already out in the manhua :blobgift:)

syofiaa, Snow fluff, Piglove and 5 others like this.
  19. milkberrrry

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I get it now! Basically
    it’s plot armor LOL so Amon won’t be able to follow Baharam’s commands like the other Shinsu so he could save everyone:blobpopcorn_cool:

syofiaa, Niveis, Snow fluff and 5 others like this.