Discussion I Swear I Won't Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by neru74, Aug 15, 2020.

1. neru74

neru74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread will be for discussion

Sappho likes this.
  2. Royal-Inquisitor

Royal-Inquisitor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why vilainess why not heroine?

3. Sappho

Sappho Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you @neru74 for making a new thread for discussion. Let’s not discuss the story in the spoiler thread to not scare off people looking for spoilers ;)

4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wdym?

5. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also regarding MJ being a genius thats one of my problems with the book. There's this dissonance where shes suppose to be ultra smart yet she dosent get people's feelings. She painfully oblivious and as of now theres been no hint shes doings in intentionally. Also if she is supposedly a genius why cant she integrate into noble society properly?

And yes there are stories where the villian is revealed at the end but usually when rereading those stories you find hints and go "oh that was so obvious".

I cant find any hints of that as of now

Furiae19 likes this.
  6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, other than Violette, we've had chapters from Yuran' s pov, Vio's maid Marin's and even from their father's perspective.
    On purpose or not, we didn't gave any showing Maryjun's thoughts. It'd be useful of we at least saw how she perceives the situation at home.

7. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there's multiple kinds of intelligence.

You can be extremely well-read and educated but still struggle to understand others in a social setting. Just because you're good at your education doesn't necessarily mean you're going to understand how to well integrate yourself amongst your peers.

For example, there's Social Intelligence: Understanding trends as they come and go, how to blend in with the crowd, knowing what's expected of you in a given situation, being able to read people and their intentions.

There's also Emotional Intelligence: Being able to understand what people feel, how they react to their emotions, how to approach them in a particular scenario, knowing what to say to them and being able to pick up subtle emotional cues.

Then there's Academic Intelligence, which is how well someone performs in their field of study.

Maryjun is Academically Intelligent. She picks up and absorbs what's being taught to her in class and her books easily, but she's lacking in Emotional and Social intelligence, both due to being coddled by her parents as she grew up and being new to noble society.

Just because you're good academically does not mean you'll understand how to handle yourself socially. Speaking from experience, they're two very very different things, and in spite of being a Straight A student it took me until High School before I felt like I had a handle in interacting with my peers.

nikyoruu-chan and Furiae19 like this.