Spoiler I want some spoilers of heaven officials blessing's special episode

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by efo, Apr 29, 2021.

1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that there is a special episode of heaven official blessing but I couldn't watch it so I at least want to know what happened. please tell me.:)

2. fangurks

fangurks Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The easiest way would be to read the chapter of that scene! It's really not much (2 chapters in total), and I'll drop you the link:

This is the Google Drive data of Ch. 21-30. Scroll down until you're at page 109, which is Ch. 30: Poking the Ghost King; Crown Prince Seeks Truth. This is immediately where episode 11 of the donghua (the last episode of season one) ends. Y'know, the whole "I still prefer you call me San Lang", thing. The only difference being that in the donghua, they had this conversation while they were still in the desert, and the special episode starts with them being in Puqi Shrine. In the novel, they were already in Puqi Shrine when they talked about it.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/13YphQ44UwmecMM2IOc_VBMJBEKaYxVvHEdiYZSbTJzM/edit
    This is only one chapter. The rest of the scene is heere:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kOJqJl2Z-aZJl9RYx95srDgYQRNWox5Opd79-Ezy4dk/edit
    It's only the first chapter though, aka Ch. 31: Poking the Ghost King; Crown Prince Seeks Truth 2. You can still read the next few paragraphs of the following chapter if you want to, though those are only a few of Xie Lian's thoughts, so they obviously couldn't be depicted in the donghua. Everything after that would already be a spoiler for season 2.

Now you have the whole scene with even more details than people who only watch the donghua!

If you really, really don't feel like reading (for whatever reason), a small summary:

• domestic Hualian in Puqi Shrine discussing Hua Cheng's identity ("Crimson Rain Sought Flower." "Your Highness.")
    • including, but not limited to: Hua Cheng is the boss in Ghost City, no one is allowed to talk to him except for the other Ghost Kings, though he "doesn't really know them that well", he calls Green Night Touring Lantern Qi Rong names, and all the heavenly officials stuck-up idiots, basically
    • "Don't you want to know why I'm here with you? [...] Well, there are two options: One, I went to look for you. Or two, I have a lot of spare time to kill."
    • cute Banyue-in-pot moments
    • Xie Lian gets reminded of how he used to be, proclaiming to "save the world", etc. which he now writes off as silly rubbish
    • Xie Lian tells Hua Cheng about how he once told a small child who didn't know the meaning of life anymore, something along the lines of: "If you don't know the meaning of living, then take me as your meaning."
    • they go to sleep, the next morning Xie Lian wakes up and finds that San Lang is gone, though Xie Lian now has a silver ring on a chain around his neck
    • Hua Cheng face reveal and a beautiful gay montage of Hualian!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bonus:
    The novel (aka original source, aka the thing that is supposed to be the gayest and which "needs" to be censored) said how Xie Lian poked Hua Cheng in the face - and was aghast.
    The donghua team completely ignored that and just straight-up did this:

[​IMG]

We've been blessed.