Spoiler I Want to Be You, Just For A Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 9, 2019.

1. ataraxia

ataraxia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Commenting just to know the end game. How will the crown prince get his @$$ whooped?

2. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree with everyone out there. I just want revenge and everyone to get their happily ever after. At first, I hated Psyche and then I started liking her as equally as Maeda. (But I like Madea 1% better because she is strong) Psyche is a good person, and so is Madea, they had their own stories to tell. And gosh dammit, I have seen worse manhuas where there were people with what-so-ever no personality! Hmph!
    Oh well, F*ck the Prince, and the Duke! Just seriously dude... how two-faced are they?? The parents are so shitty! I wonder if Psyche and Madea were both adopted from an orphanage or what?? Heli had a bad past too. Poor boi. The nanny... I feel so sad for her. Ugh...
    I hope that Madea and Psyche work together, grab the swords, dual wield, and slice the Prince off. And remember to do it exactly at the Wedding ceremony! Splatter the cake with blood and then switch back! Tada!
    I remember that they have to destroy the Prince before the Wedding Ceremony or some damn ritual. I think it would be more fun if they killed him at their wedding ceremony!

3. duderus

duderus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The raws are only up to chapter 24 and nothing has happened to the prince yet. I don't know if this is a spoiler or not... it's pretty obvious they can't make any moves right away though...

4. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the Prince suspect anything about Psyche?

BTW on the mythology theming would "Jeros" work better as a translation since it's a more obvious portmanteau of "Jason" and "Eros"? Also, according to the myth Psyche had to complete a bunch of trials created by Aphrodite in order to see Eros again. These trials were less "prove yourself" and moreso "die already". Not sure if that'll play into things but some part of me predicts that the Prince will die in a fire since Eros had a fire/candle theme to him (plus it's what woke him up when Psyche snuck in on him in the myth). They could even incorporate what happens to Jason by having a fiery beam of would crush him.

Volublekoala965 likes this.
  5. duderus

duderus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't suspect anything yet.

6. RR-2

RR-2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whhhattttttt nooooooooooo

7. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sunday, so...
    Spoiler time :blobmelt:
    Chapter 25
    • The chapter starts at Heli's mansion, and the sky is raining heavily. Psyche comes to see him under a black robe. Heli is clearly upset, he says "Lady Medea, it is clear that I forbid you to meet me, but you came here without informing me first..."
    • Psyche cuts his words midway "Helio. Tell me everything you know" (note that she calls him "Helio" instead of "Heli")
    • The scene switches to the mansion Medea is staying. Count and Countess Poly have to leave after visiting her. Count Poly asks Medea to thank the Crown prince, as he renovates the greenhouse for her.
    • Medea asks to return home with the Polys, but the Count doesn't agree. He says that outside is very chaotic. The Countess (Psyche's mother) stops him, saying he is scaring Medea, and asks him to go away.
    • After that, the Countess whispers to Medea that there is a very interesting rumor going around. People are saying that Lady Medea and Marquis Helio are lovers
    • Back to Helio's mansion, Psyche proposes a transaction: she will tell Heli what she knows, and in return, he will grant her request. She wants to know all the things Medea has experienced so far, not only how to walk or act like Medea
    • Heli doesn't know why she wants to do that transaction, as the rumor Psyche heard on the street is nothing new to him. He is conducting an investigation. It looks like the rumor started after the banquet. State guests still haven't returned to their respective countries, so Heli doesn't know where this rumor is going. Either way, he will clean it in no time.
    • He asks Psyche not to look for him just because she's worried. She just has to do her job properly. He tries to leave
    • Psyche stops him and tells him that King Hernel is proposing to Medea. He wants to make Medea his Queen. Heli is very shocked
    • Psyche says "I hope it's a lie, but it's real. You don't know about this, right?"
    I will do the rest tomorrow. Some notes about this part:
    • Countess Poly looks quite sweet to her husband. I don't know if this is real or just an act :blobpeek:
    • The kiss mark Psyche gave Heli is still visible on his neck. It's quite strange, as more than a week has passed from the banquet. In chapter 20, Heli also questioned why the mark is still there.

8. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! That mark doesn't sound good tbh..
    Also, seems like not mcuh has happened ever since the assassination attempt.

chioux likes this.
  9. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, everything spiced up
    Chapter 25 (cont.)
    • Back to the greenhouse, a maid praises the blooming flowers with Medea, tells her "All these flowers are blooming for you" Medea just smiles, saying "Do you see it like that?"
    • In her mind, Medea muses "In my eyes, this is just a place to make Psyche breathe a little. A fancy birdcage. No more than that"
    • Iaros and Medea have tea. Iaros goes on about how the greenhouse is for her to breath outside air. However, Medea spaces out because she's thinking about the scandal between "Medea" and Helio. Iaros notices that and calls her out
    • To hide her thoughts, Medea says that she's just thinking his ring is beautiful :blobjoy: Iaros considers give her all the jewels. She stops him, and tries to change the subject and makes a note about how tired he looks
    • Iaros says there was a sudden business the day before. He asks all the guards to leave. When there are only two of them, he tells Medea "Yesterday the word of God descended in the holy temple"
    • The word of God is the God's voice sends to the world (I know it sounds stupid, but that is how it was translated :facepalm:) Apparently, the last time the God's word descended is 3 years ago.
    • This time, all the religious leaders were busy meeting, but they said it was difficult to interpret the word. Since Psyche is the child loved by God, Iaros asks her if she knows anything. Medea at first thinks it might have something to do with her previous conversation with God, but feigns ignorance and says she doesn't understand what Iaros is saying.
    • When Medea tries to ask more about the God's word, Iaros just leaves. He tells her she doesn't need to know more, as it just makes her sick.
    • When she is alone again in the greenhouse, Medea is frustrated. "God's word, suddenly? Why does it have to be at a time like this? I tried to forget it because it had nothing to do with me. But I can not. Something is up. If my conversation last time was leaked, I'm finished. But, impossible. The word descended yesterday, not during the banquet. The information is not enough"
    • She remembers Iaros's words "You are a child loved by God" She think this might be a help God sends to Psyche, and it might be about how to change her body back. However, she is stuck with Iaros's guards.
    • While she's considering how to pull Iaros's people to her side, the spy maid in chapter 2 comes up. She realizes she could manipulate that maid, and she knows the maid's weakness
    • Medea lures the maid into stealing her jewels, and catches her red-handed. The maid lied by saying "lady Medea ordered me" Medea uncovered the maid's lie. She said the maid was the one who killed Psyche's guard.
    Chapter end

My thoughts:
    • The word of God descended 3 years ago. During that time, Psyche was released from the basement. I wonder if there is any connection
    • With the proposal and the God's word, everything is a mess now
    • I wonder how King of Hernel will react when he hears the rumors about "Medea" and Heli. Hearing that your future Queen having another lover is not pleasant, by all mean
    • Psyche is growing fast. The reason she made the transaction because she scared that Heli wouldn't listen to her request. During this chapter, she kept a great composure, even cut Heli's words and made a transaction with him :cookie:
    • What's strange about the kiss mark on Heli's neck is that it doesn't disappear. All the wounds should be healed around Psyche, and with the time they spend together, it's strange that the bruise is still there. Maybe Divine power doesn't consider it a wound :facepalm: Heli, by all means, considers it as a wound.

Some facts that I gather from Namu/official version:
    • Character's ages:
      • Medea: 22 years old. She was 19 during Psyche's debut 3 years ago
      • Psyche: 19 years old. There is a mistranslation. Psyche was 16 during her debut
      • Helio: at least 19 years old. He was 12 when his parents died, and met Medea after that. They have known each other for 7 years
      • Iaros: 21 years old. The banquet is his 21st birthday :cookie:
    • Namu has pointed out that Psyche's mother look similar to the Pope. Both have light brown hair. Psyche might have blood connection with the current Pope, which explains why she has Divine power.
    • In official English version, Heli is named "Helio Niccolo", which I don't know why...The Indonesian version keeps the same as Korean version, "Helio Tropium"
    • In official English version, Medea's family name is Solon, which I don't know the meaning. In Korean, her family name is "Belial", which is the term for the devil (please correct me if I was wrong)
    Anyone could explain why the name change in English version? I would be thankful :blobgift:

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  10. Karlysle

Karlysle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made an account to ask if anyone thinks Medea will end up with Heli or not??? Like they're my otp and if they somehow do not end up together it's gonna suck and i might be dropping this...

chioux and dance_monkey like this.
  11. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Medea was visibly irked by the scandal but idk about romantic development because Heli clearly needs to get a personality..

Minaeli, Calypso Noir, Inolis and 2 others like this.
  12. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really trying not to be rude here :facepalm:, but...
    To all people who say "If my OTP doesn't happen, I will drop this" or "If A ends up with B, I will drop this":
    This manga just has only 27 chapters, and all characters are in life and death situations. They are too busy to scheme and survive, romance clearly isn't in their heads. Not to mention this is the very early stage of the manga.
    If you want to drop this manga because your OTP doesn't happen, just drop it now, then go back in 2-3 years later. By that time, you will have more than one hundred chapters to consider. Otherwise, congrats, you will be in this train for a long time :blobexpressionless:
    And no, your opinions don't affect the author. Please stop posting those messages in the spoiler thread. We have a discussion thread for that.

13. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. It's better the "Imma-drop-it" gang come back after a few years to see who ended up with whom (or maybe there's not romance at all)

Inolis, Ariess, Rheamelody and 3 others like this.
  14. Jeane

Jeane New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there are rumors saying that the story will start focusing on psyche, because the writing "I Wanna Be U" has changed from yellow to gold. Then speculation from Korean readers says that in the last chapter his writing will mix into purple and yellow to gold. Indicates that Medeia and Psyche will be united.

15. Jeane

Jeane New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you:aww:

salaza189 likes this.
  16. dance_monkey

dance_monkey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was convinced of the idea , it will be a huge turn for the story

17. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    Not much happens in chapter 26, really
    • Continue from the previous confrontation, the maid denies killing the servant. She says someone else kills him
    • Medea muses that she used to like how shameless the maid was when lying, and she thought the maid could be a good spy. Originally, the maid worked in Duke house, but was caught for stealing. Medea then used her as a spy at Psyche's household.
    • Medea presses the matter, points out that the maid went out with the servant that day, so she should be the one who killed the servant. The maid denies this, but too scared to bring up Helio's name. As the result, she can't name the killer, and Medea pins the blame on her. Medea also exposes the truth that she doesn't have any ill sister, and makes a threat of firing her.
    • Scared for her life, the maid begs Medea's forgiveness, and promises to do anything (actually there are more, but overall the conversation is normal)
    • Meanwhile, Iaros visits the Pope
    • Night at the house Medea is staying, she plans an escape and uses the maid to create the feeling that she's still in her room. She successfully breaks out, full of excitement "How can it be this beautiful? Even though I haven't seen this view only for a while. I'm back, under this sky!"
    • Back to the shrine (I think) a red hair man is pretending to sleep. The servant wakes him up, asks him to wear clothes and prepare. He sits up and tells the servant "Don't be so fussy, because the word of God is not important."
    This is the red hair man:
    [​IMG]
    He appeared first in chapter 7, during the talks about Divine power. He seems to belong to the church. (His body is hot, btw :blobnosebleed:)

18. Ariess

Ariess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh so a new character will be introduced? And I guess there is no Psyche this episode?

salaza189 likes this.
  19. Khloud2003

Khloud2003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dose anybody have spoiler for chapter 28 ?

DOHere likes this.
  20. Yumi21K

Yumi21K Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Medea" told the prince that some red haired guy saved her right? Now that this hot dude is introduced i think he's gonna play a major role in this game cuz the prince probably suspects him as Psyche's saviour.