Spoiler I Want to Be You, Just For A Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Risnee

Risnee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As y'all can see here he's the black king(thanks to the person who told me how to upload the pictures~ highly appreciate it)I always thought the colors were representing how the characters were(like the "good" and "bad" ones..although at the end of the day that doesn't matter since they're all morally grey with good and bad sides) going by the logic of the colors representing each others sides then that wouldn't make any sense cuz that would make medea and psyche "enemies"(medea the black queen and psyche the pawn that'll become the white queen) which that isn't the case cuz they're allies/friends. I hope I'm not sounding pushy or anything like that...if I am then I do apologize... I just really wanna clear up that he's actually the black king and not the white king...hope that makes sense.

Pell is a bishop but I'm not sure what color he'd be since his bio is till yet to be released(although people speculate he's the black pawn cuz of that chapter where Eros mashed that black bishop with his hand)I personally thought he'd be the white bishop(following my theory of the chess pieces and the colors they represent theory)but if he's really the black bishop then that would be interesting... And aside from psyche there's someone else who's white(which would be dekis the white tower as seen in chapter 59 as I said before, and yet again this shows that the sides don't matter...medea "the black queen" used dekis "a white tower" in the trial even though they're not on each others sides.) I completely agree about everything you said about psyche being the white pawn though. These are all just my thoughts and opinions(so they could be extremely wrong for all I know lol)...tell me what y'all think though~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Mysterious _ me and Janu123 like this.
  2. Iris Astria Li

Iris Astria Li Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t upload images. King Hennel and the Hennel Kingdom are shown on the white side in chapter 23.

Mysterious _ me and Risnee like this.
  3. Risnee

Risnee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh! True! I'll upload it for you one sec(yep! King hennel was indeed shown as the white king in chapter 23...thanks for pointing this out).

[​IMG]

Sorry to be talking too much but I found a better picture showing Eros as the black king.

4. Iris Astria Li

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel confused. In chapter 8 when Eros ordered the knights to kill Psyche, he flicked the white pawn. But in chapter 86, he destroyed the black bishop. Doesn’t it mean he is a chess player and he plays both sides?

5. Priyanka14

Priyanka14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be. I read the fan translated chapter 101 where Eros is shown as the black king again. (the fan translated chapters are out till chapter 102 so you guys can read it too if you haven't)

I just read till chapter 102 and saw that Medea actually haven't agreed to be on Eros's side when he asked her to choose him. She gave him a vague answer and thought that they can never be friends and she doesn't want someone like him to be her friend. I wonder how it will play out. Will she still marry him? If not then how will she take him down?
    People know about Psyche's powers now. Eros can't kill her at this point. If he does and takes her power, people will obviously know that he killed her for her powers. So how will he deal with her now that he wants to make Medea his queen?

P. S- idk why but the author is showing a lot of parallels between Psyche and Eros in the recent chapters. (96&101) I don't know what it can imply though.

Janu123 and Risnee like this.
  6. Iris Astria Li

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I think Eros gives up the idea of making Medea to be his empress after chap 102.
    In chapter 104, Medea was rumored want to be Empress. The last rumor Medea tried to assassinate Psyche. How can Medea be Empress with these rumors?
    On the other hand, the nobles were asked to visit sick Psyche, including Medea. And Eros built a greenhouse and sent her various gifts.
    In chapter 105, Psyche donated all gifts to poor people. I’m so proud of her. The Empress is so suitable for Psyche, but I don’t want her be his Empress.
    English is not my mother tongue, please excuse any errors on my part.

7. Iris Astria Li

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    In this poster, Medea and Eros appear as chess players and hold their chess pieces. First half of the story, Medea used Eros to take Duchess position. And Eros used Psyche for his plan. Now Medea is Duchess Solon and Psyche is not a pawn which Eros can sacrifice anymore. To me, Psyche completely becomes a white queen.

Dekis is white rook, Helio is black knight and Eros is black king on Medea’s chess board. Medea, Phel, Psyche are allies. So Phel and Psyche don’t appear as chess pieces on her chess board. In chapter 50, Medea called Phel her third card.

Medea is black queen, Phel is black bishop and Psyche is white pawn on Eros’s chess board. Eros definitely doesn’t want Psyche close with Medea and Phel.

If following the rules, It’s all okay. Eros can marry Psyche, Medea and Phel can harm Eros.

Taruna, irina g, cutiemia2205 and 6 others like this.
  8. izlove

izlove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree so much, Psyche totally deserves to be Empress, but it would suck if it was through marriage, especially if the husband is Eros. I think maybe some theories about her ancestry are right and so she might have the right to the throne once her family's origin is revealed and they defeat Eros. I wonder what role Medea would play if not the Empress though, because she's been preparing for and desiring this role her whole life, more than anything. I really can't imagine her being mad at Psyche again for "stealing her position" since they're so close again, but I also have no idea what she'd do if she didn't become part of the royal family. Does anyone have any ideas? Because all of this + Medea's efforts to become a better person make me feel like she's gonna sacrifice herself or her dreams in the end for "greater good".

Risnee likes this.
  9. Mysterious _ me

Mysterious _ me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, Psyche is not harming Eros. She even says that she hates him now but not to the extent where she wants him dead. The parallel scenes where Eros/Psyche and Medea/Perion was shown, I think it's implying that in the future Perion and Psyche will be the one who will lead Medea and Eros to the path of justice, kindness and rightness. We have seen how Perion's advice to choose the right path made Medea think about losing her resolve. Eros' aura has become darker as Perion has mentioned. If anyone can stop him, it's Psyche.

No, I said black hands for corruption because after guillotine, the hands are turned to white (chapter 84, first panel, after Medea's father was killed). Not only that, the ordination letter and the letter sent by Eros to Medea have white hands(not white totally but it looks like black color fading away and white color is replacing them). [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The white hands must be indicating that these two will be eliminating the corruptions. Medea's letter must be implying about the nobles' corruption while Perion one is for the temple. We have already seen Medea's one and Perion's one is still left.

Blue roses have many meanings. One is unrequited love just as @Risnee said. It is also symbolised as achieving the impossible, fighting all odds and a new beginning and also represents the inner feelings of love at first sight.

Psyche is tied with blue roses and we can see the blood. I think it's indicating that the main reason behind her suffering was none other than the person whom she has unrequited love for.

Don't be sorry. We are not competing but we are discussing theories and everyone is allowed to share their thoughts. Thank you for rectifying my errors. This was the picture you were asking about. At first, when I saw this picture, I thought it looked black because of the shadow or how light was flashed on them. Even in chapter 101, I thought the same because of the shadow.

[​IMG]

Thank you again. I thought Dekis was Medea's brother, so he is black rook. But, when I check chapter 59, he is white rook. I always thought 6 characters, 3 grey characters and 3 good, 3 with dark colors and 3 with bright, but why 4 black and 2 white chess pieces?

But due to this, I got some of my answers. I thought that these 6 characters would be the main reason for the formation of a new empire. And they have to come together for that. But I was confused, how can black side and white side be together? I think you guys are right, the color is about their personalities not sides.

10. Priyanka14

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the chapter and didn't understand. Why do you think he gave up on that idea? Didn't he say that he was looking forward to her answer?
    (and omg guys, that creepy ass Eros's heartbeat really went badump when Medea was fixing his collar. Pretty sure he will sneak up on Medea behind Psyche if they unfortunately get married)
    I really don't want Psyche to marry him and just want her to run away with her parents and maids.

Medea listened to Perion coz they're allies. They're friends and treat each other as their equals. I wonder how Psyche will influence Eros though? All this time, it has been him that has been influencing her. I mean, he thinks she's some useless thing that needs to be thrown away. They don't see each other as equals at all. (but yes, she can rise as the hero who defeated the evil tyrant though but I don't see that happening any soon)
    P. S- I thought Helio rescued Psyche coz Medea instructed him to do so but after I read the chapter, it looks like he went on his own. I really like their friendship and wish the author spent more time on it but at this point, I don't think much will happen.

Janu123 and Risnee like this.
  11. Iris Astria Li

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't understand too. But I found too many paradoxes. When I read chapter 102, I started to compare with chapter 33, 34, 60, 61. Eros didn't hide his feelings. To Psyche, he calls her "my lover", "my fiancee" even though she was not be able with him. To Medea he calls "my empress", "ally", "partner" in his though and his speech. He did nothing to make Medea can be empress in action. He didn't clear her name. The pope determined Psyche as the winner of the crown princess competition. In chapter 91, the pope called Psyche "your highness" but in chapter 93 he showed his antipathy to Medea. It's kinda weird.
    After Medea said the last word:"Love is a luxury for people from a high position", he gave her a sinister smile exactly the same he used to give her in chapter 13. Might him understand it's a reject and realised it's waste time to wait her answer? In that crown princess competition, Medea won 3 rounds but Psyche was the winner. I feel history repeats itself. At this time, Psyche is doing the reason why Eros gave her the victory "You are the only one who will look after our people with kindness"
    I hate Eros with passion. But I realise the one who can stop Eros, it's Psyche. She always fights for justice and equity. I will accept Psyche come back to Eros in spite of being so uncomfortable.
    In Chapter 50, there is a quote: "Eros knew Psyche very well. She may look frail, but she is strong. Even a typhoon cannot sway her. And yet, when faced with the sun, she will crumble."

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    ebinako, irina g, Hey Eli and 9 others like this.
  12. Priyanka14

Reading List:
    Link
    If Psyche becomes the queen as so many people are predicting, then I think it might become Eros vs Psyche with Medea and Perion supporting Psyche from the shadows. The author is also showing parallels between the two.
    And Eros doesn't hide his feelings for Psyche coz he doesn't have any. He hides his feelings for Medea coz just as Medea predicted, if people learns then it will be his weakness.
    But I might be wrong and Medea's predictions aren't always correct. She also thought that Pel likes Psyche which I don't think is true. He most probably respects her and has a soft spot for her coz she's a good person. (an angel acc to him)

13. Mysterious _ me

Mysterious _ me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What Medea wants is not the throne, it's appreciation and admiration for her capabilities. The throne was the means to show the people what she is capable of because being a Duke's daughter, she can’t achieve it. It was her strategies that helped the empire. At first, she was happy, thinking that she was admired for it. But only to realise that her father stole her limelight. When the rabbit was killed, she told Dekis to give more importance to the party than the dead rabbit. You can see her smile, wanting to be appreciated by her brother for her cleverness. She worked hard so that her parents will notice and be proud of her. But all her hard work was meaningless as she never gets what she wants. Psyche wrote that she can be the heir of the Solon family and doesn't need to be the crown princess to achieve her dream. And Medea was really happy. It was clear at this time, the throne was never her dream but a means to fulfill it. When Medea saw people admiring Perion, you can see the hunger spark in her eyes for the same admiration. I think in the future, she will be known as the strategist duchess, not the empress.

I don't think it's a plothole. It’s just the author never shows how he feels. Just because Helio recognising Medea was shown, it doesn’t mean Eros has no reaction. It's just that his part was not shown. This is the man who saw potential in a street kid to be a knight, realizing the girl who he was engaged with only wanted him for power. He might have noticed the changes but unlike Helio he doesn't know about body swap. Who would even imagine a body swap between two people? Helio knew about the body because he was informed about body swap by Medea.

Do you really think he think Psyche as dumb b****? I can't say anything about chapter 102 and above. But, read the chapter from 1 to 101, ignore Medea's theories and just check Eros part. You can find him making fun of Medea but never say dumb, stupid to Psyche. This reminds me of the chapter where Medea(Psyche body) told Eros that it was foolish of her to think he was there for her but not work. At that time, he looked at her and kissed her on her forehead and said,"foolish? that never comes to my mind". The way he kissed her forehead, it doesn’t look like he was faking it. Even his assistant gave her respect unlike Psyche's servants. If Eros has no respect for Psyche, why will his assistant respect her?

As there is discussion about Eros' love, I think he loves Psyche. This webtoon started with Eros trying to kill Psyche, so we always thought that he didn't love her and wanted to kill her for power. What we notice is Eros trying to kill Psyche but not the fact that he pampers her a lot. He may be trying to kill her for power, but we ignore that he also fulfills everything Psyche asked for.

It depends how the author tries to portray the characters and how you look at the characters. Also how the author tries to manipulate the audience about how the character is how he turns out to be. My assumptions are based on the questions that arise in my head and one of the readers has already posted about these questions in this forum. And recently, @Priyanka14 has posted the same questions. My assumptions give answers to those questions. My assumptions are right or wrong. I have no idea. So, don't judge the story on the basis of my theories.
    Eros used to sneak out of the palace and meet Psyche at night. And he even did her debutante. If he has to kill Psyche, why introduce her to the world? He can kill her easily when nobody knows about her? Unlike Solon, Callista's family is not a strong politically involved family. Why does he have to do those unnecessary things if he has to kill Psyche?

Psyche was rumoured to be a monster, he could easily frame her as a monster and killed her in the public eye and absorbed her power. Even now, if he wants to, he can do that but he is not doing it. And framing and killing her is an easy job then sending assassins to kill her. It just shows he doesn't want to malign her name. Why care about that if you don't love her? The rumour which he spread now is because he wants her to rely on him. Even Psyche realised that whatever he has done to make her rely upon him.

If we look at Eros-Psyche pasts, Eros is happiest at that time compared to now. If you look at his smile, laugh, it doesn’t look like he is faking. Sam is really good at drawing expressions, so I doubt he is faking. The fake concern he gave to Medea after her dad poisoned her, and Psyche after her attempted assassination, we can clearly figure out that he is faking.
    [​IMG]

When the chapter 91 title is "EACH PERSON'S ENEMY '', but Eros is nowhere to be seen, what should I assume? Everyone thought that Eros is the villain and enemy of the two female leads. But this chapter shows that Medea was dealing with assassins sent by her clan which might imply that her enemy is her own clan whereas Psyche's enemy is the Pope. Right now, the balance is higher at the imperial side which means it is stronger than the temple. Well, we can assume that Eros is doing his job properly. Why should Eros work with the Pope when his side is stronger? Why would the Pope work with Eros to make Eros' side stronger? When the Pope felt that Perion is a threat, he sent him out of the castle. Perion was like his son and yet he is scheming against him. Well, Eros is the one who brought imbalance between the imperial family and the church. Isn't he a threat too? So, why will he work with Eros? What I am trying to prove is, I think this chapter is hinting that whatever is happening now, the mastermind behind this is the Pope.

In a relationship, it doesn’t matter how similar you two are or how different, what matters is it should have love, trust and understanding. When Psyche told Eros "how can love grow in a relationship full of doubt?", I think the author is hinting that their relationship became sour because of lack of trust. It's like, I love you but I don't trust you.

When Eros dumped Medea, everyone was like he doesn't like strong women like Medea. He chose Psyche because she is weak. But no one commented about Medea not loving Eros. Medea won the competition but not Eros' heart. And if you have to marry someone, you need to win their heart not competition. When Eros revoked their engagement, rather than solving the problem with him, she declared war with him. And above all, she wanted to win the emperor's favour, not Eros. In all this what people didn't realise is Psyche's unconditional love for Eros. Psyche to Eros. "I did not win the competition. But I was relieved...because it meant that I could be with you. But now...it turns out that I have lost everything". For Medea, it was the position but for Psyche, it was the person. Medea won all 3 challenges but Psyche won in love. I think Eros chose Psyche because she was the first person who loved him, not his position.

Eros doesn't like Medea being equal to him. He discarded Medea and chose Psyche because Psyche was weak and he could control her but not Medea. Sexism? Where did that come from? In order to be equal, Medea should also treat him equally. But, has Medea looked or treated him as an equal? I remembered Eros telling his assistant that Medea looked at him as a stepping stone, a means to climb higher up the ladder but he never mentioned that she looked at him as an equal. I think he was not happy because Medea was equal to him but because Medea looked down on him. Or did I read it in the wrong way? Even Medea was pissed off when her clan was looking down on her, well he is the Prince, how do you think he will react? He is the Prince and he doesn't like people being rude and looking down on him.

When Eros told Medea(Psyche), "if you looked up at me full of shame just like you are doing now, whether it be with my heart or my body, I may have fallen for you. Maybe …….. you could have been my wife ". This sentence, I don't think he was referring to her being weak. I think he was referring to love in her eyes. Isn't he right? If Medea has looked at him with love rather than a stepping stone to fulfill her ambition, Eros would never look at another woman in his life. As this sentence was said after he asked her about weak side, we think about being weak. But, he saw blushing Medea and love in her eyes, not a weak Medea.

[​IMG]

Does he really think Psyche is a weak person? He is the first person the writer has acknowledged who sees Psyche as a strong woman. And this is the chapter when I started looking at Eros from a different perspective. In chapter 50, Psyche's POV, "Eros knew Psyche very well. She may look frail, but she is strong. Even a typhoon cannot sway her". What I think is, he looks at her as a naive girl who is unaware of the outer world but not a weak girl. Psyche's POV, "And yet, when faced with the sun, she will crumble".That's why he cried in front of her because he knew that he was her weakness. Or, did I interpret these sentences wrongly?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  14. Priyanka14

Reading List:
    Link
    @Mysterious _ me but didn't Eros himself admitted to Medea (Psyche) that he doesn't love Psyche? He said something like, "does it seem that way? Well, you're quick witted."
    Heli noticed the changes in Medea before Medea even wrote him the letter about the body swap. That's why when Eros and Medea (Psyche) first kissed, Psyche said that she would be swayed even if he suspected her behavior for once. (I know a person who has no idea about the body swap could never suspect) but I think it just shows that Heli noticed Medea coz he loved her but Eros never noticed Psyche.
    Also when Psyche insisted on breaking up with him, he said something like, "did you think that just because I treat you as someone precious, you actually are?"
    I think Eros is incapable of loving somebody truly. He was nice to her because Psyche put him in a pedestal and revered him (which he always wanted)
    He wants her to rely on him coz it makes him feel good, boosts his ego. Medea is being submissive too right now that's why she's in his good books apparently.
    ( I just re read the chapter where she asks for a breakup and Eros thinks that she might be cheating on him with Perion. I mean no dude, you literally emotionally abuse her by sending her back to a place she dreads, and think it's another man? I just can't, this guy.)
    P. S- the pictures that you shared of Eros are from Psyche's perspective. He looked happy like that from her perspective, that doesn't necessarily mean he was.

Taruna, exv0 and Risnee like this.
  15. Iris Astria Li

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s funny when being with real Medea, he claimed he was bewitched by Psyche in chapter 61. I think he is just like Helio, he loves Psyche’s soul.

16. My Half is Unknown

My Half is Unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the whole thing yet bcs it's too long but anyway,

His dialog from chapter 3, when Medea in Psyche's body read a difficult book, he said "isn't this book too difficult for you? if you really want a picture book you could have just read a fairy tale"

Do I think that he thinks Psyche is a dumb b*tch? Yes I think he does

Popcrazy, Taruna, exv0 and 7 others like this.
  17. Janu123

Janu123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even i have this doubt why did he introduce her to world. He can kill her in that basement and have her power. Lets think eros does have feelings from the beginning for medea and his pride got hurt when she saw him as stepping stone so he requested for crown princess audition to trample on medea. But why use Psyche? (well is it bcz she got close to medea?). But knowing medea's personality, medea could've killed psyche, where his whole dream of becoming god and all his efforts could be in vain. The only reason reason medea couldnt kill psyche is because she loves her ( evn tho she hated her thinking that she took her everthing away, especially her nanny who she loved the most got killed but she didnt hate enough to kill her). But i dont think eros knws that medea loves psyche (in his pov medea is just like him). He could've used another woman. And why wait one year:blobsweat:? Except we got a amazing plot from this i dont get why would eros go to such lengths. Eros' complicated character i really hope he done all this for reason if not he did all this bcz he was bored?( in chp 19 i guess he said as crown prince and his future as sole heir of emperor bored him. I dont think he had any power struggles for throne to twist him like that). I actually want to see eros pov regarding psyche. Especially what he really felt when psyche asked for breakup, cancel their engagement, throwed his gifts and in latest chps when she donated his gifts, i want to see how he felt:blobpopcorn_cool:. I think we hadnt seen much abt eros thoughts regarding psyche(or maybe i didnt paid much attention), but when it comes to medea we can clearly see how he felt,atleast after he kissed medea(when psyche in medea's body)

Priyanka14 and Risnee like this.
  18. Priyanka14

Reading List:
    Link
    When Psyche asked for a breakup, he was shocked (his pov was briefly shown then). He didn't believe her and thought she's just throwing a tantrum.
    But yes, I have noticed that Eros never treated Psyche with disrespect, in fact he did pamper her when he didn't have any reason to.
    I also didn't understand Eros's behavior regarding Psyche in many places. Like how he told Perion not to touch other people's fiance. Or when he purposely sent the nanny to tell Psyche that he's meeting up with Medea in chapter 60ish to pit her against Medea again and to make her jealous. And his most recent behavior of hurting her dad to make her come to him.
    I think Eros genuinely likes how Psyche puts him on a pedestal. He has a God complex so he enjoyed her sincere devotion to him and did give her special attention because of it. I am not sure whether he loves her, coz he didn't mind killing her off and showed zero remorse while doing so.
    I think the reason why he didn't openly frame her as a monster coz it would mean telling the world that she has special powers. If he framed her, killed her off and took her powers, wouldn't people naturally suspect him behind the murder? He sent assassins to make it look like someone else is behind the murder to raise no suspicion. (but idk why he didn't try to poison her though)
    But now after seeing his behavior, I think he also openly never framed her, treated her so nicely, is tolerant of her even when she openly rejects his gifts coz he doesn't wanna go to her bad side. He doesn't want her to think of him as a bad guy. I think she might have been the first person who has ever acknowledged him.(I am not sure about his parents) He wants to play the hero in her life. I think he unconsciously favors Psyche more than he think he does.
    I wonder what his reaction will be when he learns that she knows it all. Might confine/use her or try to kill her off faster.

(off topic but I also don't understand why he wants to kill his dad when he's the sole heir to the throne, he's so complicated. Wish we saw his POV too)

P. S- I partly read chapter 103 and Perion says that ever since he was born, he has never seen an aura as dark as Eros's. He says his aura got darker from the last time he saw him. (which means his aura is even darker than Medea's now)

aggie, Ariess, Risnee and 2 others like this.
  19. hanajoy

hanajoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    J4f: Seeing you guys talking about Eros make me feel like his main job is going around get girls, being a prince is just a part-time job :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Reifu, Taruna, velven and 6 others like this.
  20. Khloud2003

Khloud2003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 106 spoiler :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]