Spoiler I Want to Be You, Just For A Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 9, 2019.

1. K12340

K12340 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I saw this a few days ago and I don't really know what to say. I don't like Medea. I haven't liked her since the beginning and I'm mainly been keeping up with this story for the other characters. I don't hate her but I do dislike her so take my words with a grain of salt.
    I do believe the panel was from when Medea first switched bodies with Psyche and given that time frame, Medea's actions are not surprising and I don't consider this OCC. However, I am still disgusted. At the very least, this has to count as something akin to SA for Psyche as Medea used her body without permission. It does not matter whether Psyche had sexual relations with Eros before. From what we've seen, there is no way Psyche gave such consent.
    This is also rape by deception. It does not matter whether Eros is a villain nor that he does not seemed bothered by it when finding out. This is still rape and I am deeply disturbed by the people who keep commenting how lucky Eros is or how Medea's harem has grown.
    I am appalled by Sam for writing this, especially since i have doubts if this matter will be properly addressed. This has soured my already dim view of Medea and ultimately the relationship between Psyche and Medea.

2. Auroralx

Auroralx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care about psyche but you're right medea shouldn't have done this there should have another way to represent it

Nagisa11 likes this.
  3. MuddayoLA

MuddayoLA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About the people hating on Psyche part, I think you haven't seen all the hate ( maybe because you haven't joined private groups ), it's unbelievable. Psyche literally gets blame for everything. Stealing Medea's crown princess spot? Psyche's fault for betraying their friendship. Medea almost died because of protecting herself in Psyche's body? Psyche's fault for being Eros's target. Kissing Eros in Medea's body? Her fault for being stupid and falling for him again + dirtying Medea's body. Having opposite opinion against Medea? Psyche stfu. Crying all the time? Psyche's fault for being weak and not strong like Medea. Not to mention how they compare two girls' life to prove who is more miserable like it's a competition. The newest chapter when Medea slept with Eros in Psyche's body, they only care about how it's fine since it wasn't Medea's body anyway, Medea is still "clean".

4. hanajoy

hanajoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen ppl still attack Psyche, but I also see ppl start bashing Medea too. It's nothing wrong with disappointed, disgusted, blaming Medea for what she had done. But call her a bitch, a slut,...? Isn't it too much? Any difference from those ppl who said "Psyche is stupid"?

5. purple pink

purple pink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bruh feels like u have been living in a cave . people here talking about medea they have valid reasons for saying that. unlike others where they blame psyche w/o any logic. i think u don't read or think its normal when they say bad stuff about psyche hence u didn't see the hate psyche gets for no freaggin reason.

is that all u saw people saying about psyche sigh maybe ur not reading all the comments above that people say about psyche. anyway its like m talking to a wall.

my friend it seems like they won't admit no matter how many times we explain it that how toxic they r, bashing on psyche when she didn't do a thing. they all think like medea. they can say stuff about psyche but at the same time they act so innocent that they've never seen anything against psyche. its like even if psyche dies for medea they r gonna call her dumb b!tch n medea a true queen.

Nagisa11 and zoefleyl like this.
  6. hanajoy

hanajoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well? I never said that I only see ppl said "Psyche is stupid". There are others ppl who've already talked about what type of hate Psyche got, I don't want to say it again.
    Beside you talk like every single ppl blame for Psyche every where, and we are blind for not seeing them. Let's me tell you, there are actually groups that don't have any comment blaming Psyche, too.
    So, have you ever seen the hate Medea gets and the love Psyche gets? I guess you don't. You don't know that's so much people blaming on Medea HERE and there (but we have reason so it's fine anyway). But then, some ppl even start comparing Psyche and Medea (on other platforms), to prove that how Medea's life have been so easy but not for Psyche, like all Medea's pain never exit. Now ppl actually call her a bitch, slut like she really is... Wow can you see that? I guess you don't. Because you just ignore all what I just typed and only reply that sentence like it's the real problem. Type of people like you are common, only see the hate you receive, easy to get down by those hate. That's call negative bias. I used to be like that, too. But now I usually ignore those hate, even on Heli my boi because they are so stupid that I don't mind those stupid ppl. But I would care if those hate being spread on this forum. This forum ought to be a healthy place. Don't get me wrong, I'm very annoyed with those ppl blaming Psyche on everything, I can't believe why they are so stupid like are they even read the same story with me or have any focus on the story. But since they are so stupid so idgaf

In case you think I'm a Medea fan. I'm not. I only love Helio. I used to prefer her more than Psyche, main reason is because she is the one Helio loves. But now not anymore. But I don't really hate her, although I used to think that I might hate her because she is so wrong with my boi.

Edit: Sorry I was exaggerated toward you, but it's very annoying because you act like it's their fault for not see the hate Psyche.

Come to think of it, I used to think that Medea in the past is very different from Eros, but now it's turn out that they used to be the same huh....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    Nagisa11 likes this.
  7. fatgecko127

fatgecko127 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I don't see the point in being disappointed in Medea, at least not this late into the story. She's beautiful, strong, smart and badass and also on the good guys side so people tend to forget that she's an antiheroine. Everything she did was morally questionable to say the least. She aligns herself with the good guys because they have the same enemy and because of self interest.
    I'm more disappointed in where the story is heading. I perceived YT as an ambitious story about political conflicts, moral dilemmas and personal development. I think SAM should utilize Psyche's character growth now and give her the spotlight. And give actual incentives for Medea's character development (also Helio's and Feron's). You're not going to change your way of thinking (at least not much) just because you hang out and fight along side the good guys. For example, Psyche's growth is believable because there's an urgency that pressure her to change (evil Eros threatened her and her family safety).

Nagisa11, Rheamelody, aiheli and 5 others like this.
  8. Scarlet Reed

Scarlet Reed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi. im still on chap 20 of the webtoon. can someone tell my why ppl call medea slut? how many ppl she sleep with? just curious bcos i see posts calling her one and now i wanna know why

Nagisa11 and zoefleyl like this.
  9. Imelnatalia

Imelnatalia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Come on guys, stop being rude to the characters in the manhwa. If you don't like the story just stop reading it and don't spread hatred towards the characters in the manhwa. Honestly, no character is perfect in a manhwa. Psyche has a lack of media too. Honestly if psyche hadn't taken the crown princess position, medea wouldn't have been against psyche. Drowning in the day of prayer does not happen. Body exchange does not occur. And the story won't exist :). I mean if psyche considered rejecting iaros vehemently for the sake of medea (her friend) and for the sake of her future relationship with medea then nothing would happen to medea using psyche's body....

I honestly don't like Medea using a psyche body like that either. But at that time, Medea was a villain, so by definition, if she was evil, she was totally evil.

After all this is a different manhwa where the FL is a character who can be bad and can be good. Likewise with ML which is very evil. And need to add another FL that is kind, sweet, and cheerful. So prepare your hearts, guys. Who knows in the future you will be surprised by an unusual scene.

Nagisa11 and Reifu like this.
  10. Lili for Tea

Lili for Tea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m very tired with readers don’t read this webtoon properly. There were 2 TIMES when Medea was close to death but did not switch bodies. IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN PSYCHE IS CLOSE TO DEATH.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tell me if the man manipulated the public opinion then he proposed to you because you are the only one who will rule the Empire with kindness then you rejected his proposal, what would the people react to? They would pressure you to receive the title.

I ask you that do you feel free if your best friend slept with your fiance? You say “I honestly don't like Medea using a psyche body like that either. But at that time, Medea was a villain, so by definition, if she was evil, she was totally evil.” It proves that you are a hypocrite. I am Medea stan, I not only dislike how people shame Medea now but also justify the deed stupidly. It’s ok for Medea is totally evil to do it, but if she has a little kindness it’s not ok?

11. Laciesche

Laciesche Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it happened when Medea hated Psyche I don't have much to say about it as it's in line with her character then. However, do we remember when Eros forced himself on Psyche in Medea's body and kissed her? How Psyche felt terrible about it and apologised to Medea in such a sincere way? As far as we know Medea never ever apologised (let alone telling Psyche) for sleeping with Eros in her body.
    I'm waiting to see if she really did not tell Psyche about it at some point and it wasn't shown but, if she hasn't, she really has no excuse or shame by now. They are allies and acts like she adores Psyche so it's not much to expect she would come clear like Psyche did with her.

Here is another member of the not so subtle I-blame-Psyche-for-everything club I see. God forbid Psyche not sacrificing herself for Medea, when it's obvious that it should be her purpose in life! Eros had basically threatened her with living in the basement forever unless she stayed by his side, she should have no obligation to put others' lives before her own.

Nagisa11, zoefleyl, mallekei and 13 others like this.
  12. Ariess

Ariess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Catching up with the english translation and I absolutely loved the chapters with Psyche's charity event, Lira confessing to Psyche was so cute, I wonder if it's romantic feelings or pure admiration, he is definitely right about making people fall in love with her, I never hated or disliked Psyche like a lot of readers but I didn't expect for her to end up as my favorite and loving her this much.
    I wasn't sure about the Psyche becoming empress theory before but that one chapter made it seem more likely with that one man wondering how she would rule as an empress, she is gaining the publics affection and I feel like if there was some sort of public fall out between Psyche and Eros they might side with her. I'm all for queen Psyche with Medea as her hand (ala GoT style lol)

13. Imelnatalia

Imelnatalia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also know that only when the psyche is injured can it switch bodies. I'm not a new reader I read this manhwa from the first time it was released. Of all people misunderstood the psyche. I'm just talking about iaros thoughts. For readers, just by injuring psyche, the body will automatically be switched. Or if psyche wants to, because psyche already knows how to swap bodies.

And I don't condone Medea's actions. I just put my mind in a medea situation. Like people looking for answers to questions. The answer is correct but not necessarily that person agrees with the answer.

I mean there are some girls who prefer love over friendship.

It's definitely not that psyche didn't win the crown princess contest. Psyche was chosen because iaros shows that iaros loves psyche not medea. Psyche also said that Medea doesn't love Iaros so why is Medea so angry (at the beginning of the chapter). I mean if friendship with Medea was more important then Psyche would reject the proposal citing her defeat against Medea. This is what I mean by psyche being lulled by fake love and freedom from the dungeons. This is why I said no character is perfect.

Nagisa11 and Reifu like this.
  14. Lili for Tea

Lili for Tea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess who just blame the girl chose love. EVEN MEDEA WAS HESITANT BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT PSYCHE LOVED EROS.
    [​IMG]
    Can you stop blaming Psyche when even Medea claimed that she did nothing wrong?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did I say it not clearly? EROS BROKE THE RULES TO LET PSYCHE WIN. If you want to blame someone, the person is Eros.

And why did you bring Psyche to compare? For what? If you put yourself in Medea’s shoes, just say at that time, Medea was totally evil. Enough. BUT YOU ARE TRYING TO DEGARDING PSYCHE TO JUSTIFY THE DEED. Why don’t you put yourself in Eros’s shoes? He is also totally evil.

I get sick with your corrupted morals.

15. Ariess

Ariess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Psyche said she is going to accept the result no matter which outcome which means she was ready to give up Eros if Medea won, I mean at that point she was sure she lost, of course she would wonder why Medea is mad, she was in love with Eros while Medea wasn't, from Psyche's pov Medea didn't really loose anything compared to her who would have lost her freedom and her lover had she lost the contest so why would she reject the propsal and why would she be more loyal to Medea than Eros who was her saviour and also has influence over her.

16. Imelnatalia

Imelnatalia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's up to you if you think so. My opinion is different. But I'm not comparing anyone. I just hope you guys stop being rude. Because there's no difference between you guys and psyche haters if you say something rude. If you don't like the development of the story, then leave it instead of spreading rants. From the start I thought it was just iaros memory. But nevermind...

17. Pocchi Reveluv

Pocchi Reveluv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, do correct me if I am getting this wrong, but you're somehow implying that Psyche's flaw is... not having rejected the marriage proposal of the man who she was already dating and in love with... just because Medea wanted to be queen? That was the right choice? And since she didn't, she ''chose love over friendship''? So you think Psyche was a bad friend who betrayed Medea, for not dumping her own boyfriend? Jesus fucking Christ, is the world twisted. People really do bend over backwards just to blame Psyche for everything that went wrong in the story, meanwhile Eros was killing and deceiving people left and right.

The moral of the story went completely over your head. I can assure you that plenty of women around you have been deceived by evil men who pretended to be gentle lovers in the beginning, and being either abused or murdered by them wasn't their fault. Hindsight is 20/20. I hope you never fall for a man or woman like that, only to then have people call you dumb for not realizing, or blame you for believing you were loved back. There is a word for that, it's called victim-blaming.

18. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Psyche not in the wrong but I can tell NU got a bunch of Psyche fans so they jump on Madea more if she was to do something. Ppl here even upset that Madea show up too much. There are cliques on different fan groups at different places so I think either group should just chill. I'm just waiting to see how SAM will address this. If she really want to make Madea evil then so be it. Madea isn't meant to be a good character anyway. She's more grey. Psyche is the one that's good so I am more understanding if Madea does things ppl may not like but if Psyche does something it feels off.

19. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i want some spoilers, please, Guys, who is MC?? i know there is a swich bodies with a villainess??
    So the two girls took back their bodies each or no?? and do the others know?
    there is a novel?? finish?
    ML or two MLs?? i suppose love stories are hard because swich bodies

Nagisa11 likes this.
  20. Auroralx

Auroralx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no medea is the queen

Nagisa11, Veille and zoefleyl like this.