LCD I Was Kicked out of the Hero’s Party Because I Wasn’t a True Companion so I Decided to Have a Slow L

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by 0000000, Jun 13, 2018.

1. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is pride and envy, that built up enough for him to boot Red in the worst way possible, including lying about it. and got worse when the party started to falter because Ares could not replace Red, and likely did not even try because he considers those tasks to far beneath him to put any effort in.

Ares is the only noble in the HP we know of. He likely does not see anyone else as being his equal, but as tools to use and discard for his own ends who do not matter otherwise. Heck he nearly a killed Albert and Theodora on the way to Zoltan due to negligence (to the level of not even treating Albert as a person, but a tool with no rights) and being called out on said negligence.

Ares probably thinks he deserves to be at the station his family fell from, and everyone else not at least at that station should just shut up and do what he says or be punished, and was likely raised to think that way. His interpretation of his DP likely makes this worse.

Ares also has too much combat strength, and seems to think he is above the law due to his party status, and more likely birthright.

kurohamukami and ryosuke08 like this.
  2. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    so the last job of the Hero would be to kill that pathetic excuse of a human who called himself a Sage....

3. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the similarities the most recent chapter shows with Red leaving the party. When Red left the party and saw Ruti hugged, he was hurt emotionally while Ares ended up getting hit and was hurt physically. Both were hurt, but since Ruti was the hero, she had to heal Ares. This time, both were hurt again, but Ruti healed her brother as herself, no longer constrained by her DP and her position of the hero. What a cool use of similarities of the situation to emphasize Ruti's change.

kurohamukami and Dart like this.
  4. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    the topmost 1 star review in the novel page doesnt make any sense at all...WTF was he trying to say i wonder.....he fumed and finally said he is better off reading Slime Tensei..

5. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like the old "This is not 100% the way I want it to go, so it is absolute worthless garbage" from someone who does not even have the patience to make their post readable.

Every story has plot holes, but they also have things that have in universe explanations that have not been seen yet (though I think the main god is a jerk, and possibly not even the true main god, but a usurper demanding worship). The main characters are all relatable in what drives them, Red is in hiding from shame and a perceived disgrace, but happy with his current life.

6. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know...all these Ancient Elf technologies are seriously making me wonder if there were any gods involved in this at all. It could be one of those where the ancient civilization invented magic, and wiped themselves out.

7. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    That is possible, unless there are understandable and signed divine messages coming from on high (unlike the ones in Death Mage) then there is always a chance the gods either do not exist, or are constantly being misinterpreted.

There is also a chance that the DP's were supposed to be changeable, but religious fundamentalists destroyed the knowledge of how to do so, thinking it was an affront to their incompetent god (well the assigning of DP's to those with horrible compatibility like Ares with Sage indicated either Incompetent or a jerk, neither being worthy of worship)

8. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Big Hawk is another example of incompatibility, he wanted an merchant job or something, got Torturer instead, and then the Guard Captain's son with Bar Brawler. If we actually look into, it would seem that the only one happy with their DP from the start was Danaan....

9. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    idiot Ares....wonder what he and the demon tried to do with that sword....RIP Sword....

10. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the feeling the sword just needs to touch the hero, the condition it’s in is irrelevant. Heck, she might even step on it by mistake or try flicking it to the side if he throws it at her. Although, if that happens, the first thing she’d do is kill the demon >.>

11. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Ares have a bad compatibility with Sage though?

Being compatible with and liking your DP are two different things.

12. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it requires study and knowledge and Ares does neither. He does not admit when he does not know something, and he jumps to false conclusions based on bad evidence.

Heck he failed for a year helping to drive apart the Hero Party, at basic things he should have mastered in days to weeks, because he would not bother to study them, or ask someone how to do the tasks, and got mad and defensive when he was called out on it saying that mastering the necessary functions he had taken responsibility for was beneath him. He also refused to hand those tasks over to others.

kurohamukami and Shadowhawkstar like this.
  13. Shadowhawkstar

Shadowhawkstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally Ares is dead. Was thinking he might change or something at the end. But I'm glad the idiot finally was killed.

14. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    And good riddance to him.

15. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    queation is where is Ruti.....and the traitor....

16. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like Shisandan let his true feelings out, he was there to kill the Hero, now while she is broken as her sword from seeing her brother die at the hands of a party member.

17. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda interested in Asura Demon role.
    It feel like he neither of two side

18. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    someone explain what happened here?after Ares fight it got a bit confusing....

19. Rifaman

Rifaman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well shisandan plan bare minimum is to Ruty touch/slashed by Sacred avenger so she will continue to kill current demon king but he decided to killing of Ruty
    by the first hero sword, the sacred avenger, the god killing sword.
    The sequence that happened:
    1.Trick Ares to join him by saying one scratch with this sword will awakened hero divine protection so she will resume her journey
    2.The stupid Ares believe him but they still need weakened Ruty by killing her brother Red. And because even he is the only person smart enough to stop him and the only reason Ruty still have emotions
    3. Somehow Theodora join your plan
    4. Successfully killing Red now Ruty broken, now slice the floor so he can finish her without Ares knowing
    5. Ares try to kill the other tag along but Red kill him
    6. Shisandan still can't hurt Ruty holding broken sword, give her the sword so she can touch it directly and if possible kill her
    7. Ruty take the sword and all her emotions burst through kill shisandan
    8. Ruty get slaughtering impulse that supposed to be impossible for her, slash Tise
    9. Red find out the impulse came from the sword and disarm Ruty

Is not clear why shisandan change his plan from letting Ruty killing the demon king to kill Ruty. Maybe there's faction in demon or she's to dangerous to let alive.

kurohamukami likes this.
  20. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruti didn't take the sword, she punched a hole through Shisandan bare handed, but touched the swords in the process, so Demon "won" before dying. Asura Demons have no Divine Protection, they just want to keep the world going as it is, for some reason. So at first he wanted Ruti to continue on to killing the current Demon King, because he can't be allowed to conquer the world (or wipe out humanity), but Ruti is too resistant to the emotional deadening and killing impulse of her DP, so she has to die.