Discussion If a Visual Novel is made with a Black MC, what kind of heroines and plot would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Rodriguez II, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodriguez II

Rodriguez II Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Such a VN can be American-made, but what kind of heroines or plot would you like to see in it ? For me, I would like it if the VN is set in a fictional fantasy world in a magic academy, and the MC is a minority African-looking community member in a fictional European-like country. The MC's racial group were in the past descended from a group of well-mannered and cultured refugees who came to that country from a distant continent to escape either war or a mysterious calamity. So now it has been 100 years after they blended in and relations were very great as they work together to face the threat of invasion by another White country located in that European-like continent which has powerful mages. Now that my example for the story background had been stated, I would like it if one of the heroines would be a gallant swordswoman. How about you guys ? I would love to buy and play a VN like that...

2. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    didn't you already make a post about this a while back? Being really weird about it too
    If that wasn't you i'll just give the same advice as people did last time: the same kind of heroines as with a white mc, their skin tone wouldn't influence that at all.

AncientFang and AMissingLinguist like this.
  3. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    What's is visual novel?

Is that different from WN/LN?

4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck. I cannot see OP but I can still see the link.
    Think powerpoint slideshow with pretty pictures and sprites that you can just click click click to progress the plot.

AMissingLinguist and nightcore34 like this.
  5. Rodriguez II

Rodriguez II Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Among my story plot elements, some would involve the enemy European-like country trying to use dirty tactics to spread discord and mistrust between those 2 community races, and one of MC's race would also be a traitor collaborating with that enemy kingdom to plant said mistrust. It will be up to MC and his heroines to expose the enemy country's evil schemes and defend their joint homeland from impending invasion.

6. Nightlily

Nightlily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Visual novels sound even less appealing now.

To op: Who the fuck cares about the skin colour of the MC and what not it's not important, all that is important is the goddamned story is actually good. Like Changing skin colour doesn't mean you suddenly are locked out of plotlines that are good because you aren't white or something. Just don't retroactively change characters skin colours after you finish writing the series cause that will make you look like a joke especially if your name is JK. Looks at J.K.Rowling.

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, visual novels are always synonym to me as hentai games, cuz most of them are that.

8. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say just stop focusing on the skin color of some hypothetical fictional character? Bc this is literally the only thing you post about and it's just weird and obsessive by now.
    Tbh the story you presented so far is far too vague to form an opinion. Just seems to me like you just really want to make a story about conflicts about skin color, without actually putting much work into making an interesting and new story.

Mnotia likes this.
  9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Locked.

0000000 and AMissingLinguist like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.