Discussion If you could make any major change in your favorite novel... What would it be? ;~;

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Linley, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    There's always something you'd like to add to a novel that you think could have improved it a whole bunch, whether a big or little detail. What change would you make in your favorite novel/novels?

My favorite novel is Coiling Dragon. Personally, I would make Linley have a Destruction type clone in addition to all of his other ones. After all, the shape of his soul judged he was suited towards the Edicts of Destruction.

2. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    the author kinda forgot about the destruction soul type though.

Linley likes this.
  3. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering why that never came to be in the novel, esp after the Necropolis arc. My change is actually for Coiling Dragon as well, and it is simply to have linely cast his damn EARTHGUARD, The whole first half of the novel I heard how its going to be op later on, yet it doesnt get shown having any real use...ever...I think at this point, ive seen him cast it once. I know theres many reasoning we can come up with, but i loved the original earth/wind magus arc. The fact the spell that was bragged about as having huge defense when he was young, ended up never really being used made me quite saddened.

4. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    He does somewhat use Earthguard, but he judged the defenses too weak. Usually he uses a type of Earthguard thats mostly about all the "Throbbing Pulse of the Earth" law. Hence it's invisible and ever changing.

5. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actually hoping he would turn into Gaara from Naruto or something XD especially since he is a Soul Mutate, I could see him using Sand, Steam, etc in his attacks

6. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Favorite is ISSTH. I say there needs to be a clearer picture on what the cultivation path would look like. I know the Qi Condensation level was all about a Qi Lake, and then the Foundation Establishment was all about Pillars with the initial pillar formed from the Qi Lake. Now there's the Core stage and it's probably gonna use the Foundation Pillars for something, but I want to skip ahead and understand what the Nascent Soul stage is, and the Soul Splitting Stage, and all that. It's rough being in the dark...

Linley likes this.
  7. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where those the stages? I remember a "double" in one of them or something like "twice" what was after soul splitting stage?

8. Thatboreddude

Thatboreddude Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    coiling dragon.I want alice to come back as a character in the story and read about delia & alice action.

9. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Nevermind the term I was seeking is Dao Seeker lol I remembered Dao as double, that also answers whats after Spirit Severing stage.

10. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would add harem to ISSTH xD
    Or at least more romance

Sorry for bad english

Nyanko and Linley like this.
  11. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like they should have had her come back and at least talk with Linley one more time. They left their departure from one another too.... weird for my tastes

12. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    Coiling Dragon, I'd like it has 700-800 more chapters xD

Linley likes this.
  13. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Coiling Dragon: I would have a spin-off/side-story about Linley and Bebe's kids adventuring in the Higher Realms. I would pair off their daughters cause they are the two side characters with the most potential.

14. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like a terrible idea in my opinion, it just seems like a sure chance that the series would fail and kill some of the reputation from CC. I'm just saying anyways...

15. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it would fail in it's country of origin with IET as the author, but conceptually it has potential. Also CD and IET works are extremely barren in terms of side stories. Side characters are useless except as plot devices. I think focusing on side characters for a bit would help IET be a better author by acknowledging that they exist outside of the scenes they share with the MC.

16. maskedcerf

maskedcerf DCLXVI

Reading List:
    Link
    for cd i would have made the war angel vs fallen angel
    and for terror infinity i would have reduced the romance part ^^

17. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways if I could change something from my fav novel it would be
    Cai'er getting mushy after fixing her relationship with her parent's in Shen Yin Wang Zuo
    Yeah I liked her best as an ice stone who like only the MC.

Nyanko and Linley like this.
  18. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  19. Wol0f

Wol0f ☃『POKEMON』☁︎ ☯☯『HERMIT』☯☯

Reading List:
    Link
    For CD I'd like more different attack styles like magic, bow, traps and stuff

20. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese LN in general: Protagonist-san, stop being such a dense pussy with the girls interested in you, don't remain so naive, learn some caution when dealing with people. Girls in general, don't be so stupid and/or naive when the mc is concerned. Girls from fantasy settings, learn to share. Finally, plot over fanservice, less incest and no appealing (instead of just cute sistery) lolis.

Xianxia novels: More (strong) friends/allies for the weak protagonist at the beginning, less timely power ups (the ones before or during a fight with a stronger opponent). Losing onceor twice is fine, not all battle must end with one side dying.

Western novels: Either more caution/planning or more strenght/power for the protagonist.

Linley and Lovac like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.