Spoiler I'm in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CannonBro, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    he already gave up and started a new series

2. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, mostly only sex and graphic stuff. There are still a lot of novel like this and iras but without snusnu scene not getting banned.

3. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    aye, sadly reason why his new work just skip the snusnu part

4. Juugunto

Juugunto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently I'm at chapter 122 at the writing of this post. The story flows well and main character, Simon Westeros is quite likeable as he is modest compared to Eric. The background added a nice touch to his character, the drama regarding his supposed "genius" ability, his setback and shortcoming makes him more believable than Eric. However, his confidence pales in comparison with Eric. As to not bore the reader, author compacted the story to smooth the progress of Simon. Another approach is by introducing original character as Simon girlfriend, Janet Johnston which is akin to Eric's Jennifer Aniston + Drew Barrymore. Apparently as Simon is more passive than Eric, he doesn't seems to be interested in harem, and I just hope this is not the case which imho reduces the enjoyment of the story as most character will likely turn into some sort of decorations or just mentioned and the story will be limited to box office this or contract that or any other history of Hollywood I might already know from the previous story. Will stop reading and bulking until 50 chapters or so...

5. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you speaking about another work of this novel's author?

6. Juugunto

Juugunto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention that I speak about Hollywood hunt? (google translate), which is as you said the new title (or just plain remake) by author

7. Crescent Moon

Crescent Moon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it good? or same as IRAS?
    Because i kinda got bored with the repetitiveness.

8. Juugunto

Juugunto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm in Hollywood with different main character, some new original characters and goes new different route? so, not that different actually.

9. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no author stopped it cuz qidian told him to stop
    he got a new work which starts out 2 yrs earlier than first one i.e. in 1986
    the struggles of being a rookie are shown in this one (but the struggles are still quite less compared to reality) as opposed to the previous work where mc was just a god before he even became rich
    its pretty good but the chapter length feels slightly shorter compared to the prequel (or it might just be bc the release frequency is chapter/day as opposed to a lot of chaps being collected when i read "I'm in Hollywood"
    the mc is much less of a playboy and he himself doesn't show much interest in having every beautiful woman like Eric did (remember how he initially scared away Jeniffer Connelly due to being super aggressive and she was a virgin so she ran away)
    Simon (new mc) is just not interested in every hot woman (like Eric was, at least during the beginning of the story).
    his main girl is an original character named Janet (she's like 26 when simon is 18). she's basically a drew without the annoying parts (which were mainly due to her young age). she also allows simon to get with other woman but doesn't let him be as loose as Drew let Eric be. she's also the daughter to an Australian billionaire and she's kathryn bigelow's best friend (simon met her through kathryn).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  10. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    440~ but the process begins from like 30 chaps before
    the disney purchase arc is good but i find the marvel takeover arc even better since he pretends to be a sheep to eat the wolf.
    marvel takeover arc is from ~635-660 and it includes the disney hand-drawn animation dpmt high priced auction

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not really, he isn't even wanting to make a name for himself as a script writer
    he prolly only wrote that script cuz it wasn't anything special but it was still good enough to be made into a movie
    also he doesn't care about art and stuff like that. like how eric said in first work that u will become successful when if ur movie can make the production studios enough money. it all comes down to the box office, unless a movie gets best movie, director, actor, and actress: all four of the big awards, which mainly only help if the movie was released in December schedule and is still running in the theaters to improve the box office curve a bit or making it more popular which helps during movie DVD rentals or sale.
    he directs some innovative movies like pulp fiction (do i even need to say anything about pulp fiction lol) later on cuz its a contract movie he had to make for Orion in exchange for getting 15% revenue share for "run lola run" (he has to do another movie for disney in exchange for them distributing "when harry met sally", but he's gonna do that after batman) like how spielberg had a lot of contract movies for universal throughout the 90s.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  12. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DAMN MY BOI GOT BATMAN AND SUPERMAN COPYRIGHTS!!!
    author hella made up for one of the major regrets from the prequel
    simon got the batman and superman copyrights after superman 4's flop and before 1989 batman, tho he had to pay good money for them.
    everyone's taking simon for a fool and charging him like 50% more than normal prices for copyrights but we all know who's gonna have the last laugh lol

13. Darkbeowulf08

Darkbeowulf08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope that the author focuses more on Simon's career as a director. There were a lot of excellent movies that Eric didn't shot because he didn't have the time for them. I also hope that the author won't take away some of the good movies that Eric made( Home Alone, Jurassic Park...etc) from Simon because he doesn't want people to compare the two novels. Eric took a lot of good chances, so if Simon takes a different path, he's going to lose a lot of money. Also, can anyone tell me when in the story people find out how many women Eric has slept with and who( chapter)? I remember that someone released a list.

aarush likes this.
  14. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    wait did he finally snusnu kathryn bigelow at chap 155?

Edit: yep, he did and finally after 150+ chaps of this one and 1k+ on the old one

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  15. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well but in the old story it was different
    it was more like a one night stand since kathryn was super awk about it and they didn't even meet for a year or so and when they did she was just avoiding the subject
    but in "hunt" she's become a complete harem member

16. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Janet knows lol they did a threesome reason why the both of them got together xD
    and nah, Eric never really snusnu kathryn and iirc the best he got was only a kiss

17. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FYI, this series (I'm in Hollywood, not the sequel) just appeared on LNMTL. Once the dictionaries get updated it'll be the easiest way to read this, although Google Translate was pretty good.

aarush likes this.
  18. Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please tell me in which chapters Eric have interaction with his children..and in which chapter they know that Hawaii is a genius??? Anyone please tell me

19. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened with Spielberg wanting Jurasic Park? It sounded like he was going to get revenge on Eric. Did they ever fight and did Eric crush him?

20. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I last read this novel but iirc Spielberg became a minor character since he didn't get to direct Jurassic Park, MC even took the name of "Dreamworks" for one of his company in Drew's name with European investors. Spielberg joined hand with microsoft/bill gates but it failed, again it's been a while maybe I'm completely wrong but the one thing I'm sure at is Spielberg isn't an antagonist like Michael Eisner in this novel.

OldManGu likes this.