Recommendations I'm really not the demon god's lackey

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by 1Sami, Mar 20, 2023.

1. 1Sami

1Sami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the trope of the MC being very powerful or thought of as powerful but thinking of himself as ordinary. The best one I know of currently is the title of this thread, but I've read a few similar ones as well.

These include:
    Above Myriads-very funny
    The Eminence in Shadow-meh, I liked the novel better
    Stop Summoning Me-extremely similar to IRNTDGL
    Lord of the Mysteries-the novel is a masterpiece, you should read the manhua just to be able to say you've read it
    A Bigshot Actually-it was ok
    I'm Not that Kind of Talent-I love it so much, the MC's personality is exactly what I'm looking for. He's always either chronically confused of on a murderous rampage...which he will promptly forget
    When Did I Become Unbeatable-I really enjoyed it in the beginning chapters, but the reveal of who the MC is (I won't spoil for those who haven't read it) really made me lose a lot of my interest. It became too romance driven
    The Unmatched Powerhouse Just Wants to Farm-similar to what I want, but in this one the MC knows and uses the fact that others think of him as a powerhouse which isn't what I prefer

The ones listed above are mainly set in cultivation type worlds which I am open to, but if you have any recs with more modern or victorian settings I would love to read them! Thanks in advance~

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Never Die Extra is pretty decent though imho the whole gimmick of the MC being delusional about being weak while clearly being stronger than everyone eventually bored me tbh

I eventually got bored of Eminence in Shadow/to be a power in the shadows for the same/similar reason, the joke just eventually becomes too old and overused.

a similar trope is the 'cautious' protag, like in My Senior Brother is Too Steady. MC doesn't think of himself as weak, he just knows there's bigger fish out in the sea.

I liked that one quite a bit, though after reading 500 novel chapters I did get bored of it too

3. 1Sami

1Sami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read Never Die Extra and liked it quite a bit I think, it was a while ago lol...
    But I haven't read My Senior Brother is Too Steady yet, thanks!

4. Aerumna

Aerumna Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really not the demon god's lackey is amazing, the dialogues are my favorite part, how he talks about education but people listen to bizarre indoctrination.

5. 1Sami

1Sami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, right?! I don't know how many times I've reread it just for the MC's plot....I can't say I love all of the side characters lol