Spoiler I'm was the unrequited love of the male lead

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Real Hera, Apr 19, 2021.

1. iamwhoami

iamwhoami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML already loved FL
    It say's in the title

2. sleepykid

sleepykid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this a fluffy novel?? cuz if it is, i wanna read it so baadd:aww::aww:

3. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was the original he loved, not FL, yet

4. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The duke and Chaers are pieces of shit

5. iamwhoami

iamwhoami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, i cant believe they did that to her

LightYourNovel likes this.
  6. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers regarding what she does after what they've done to her. Realistically, I wouldn't be surprised if she's traumatized. I thought the beginning would be nice but now it's just going on a dark turn. I don't want the MC to forgive them so easily, I can't see how you can fall in love after that let alone develop a closer bond. They better do a lot to seek her forgiveness or the MC give them a hard time before forgiving or both. I don't think I can enjoy this novel if this will continue. I get that the ml is mad since real Arielsa is gone but it's getting too far now especially with Chaers since he doesn't have any evidence to go to that extent. Also, I wish he can take in account that MC save the duke's life several times now. At this point it's not even worth saving the duke's life when she's just going to keep be regarded as an enemy anyways :blobexpressionless:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    talexus93 and Blue_C06 like this.
  7. Aron Dare

Aron Dare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been a bit loose on keeping up with the updates for quite some time. What did the duke and chaers did to FL tho?

8. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After the Duke found out that MC wasn't the real Arielsa, he restricted her movements that is only under his supervision and is very cold to her (he didn't like that he was deceived and someone took Arielsa's body). She's saved his life several times so Chaers is suspicious because there is too many coincidences for her to save his life that makes it seem like she is either involved or the culprit of the incidences. Therefore he sees her as a threat or at least a potential one which creates tension between the MC and Chaers. His suspicions increase as to why MC is kept close to the Duke. He doesn't know that she's not the real Arielsa and the Duke is keeping her close due to supervising her as the spirit that possessed Arielsa's body (he also knows that the real Arielsa is dead).
    Anyways that's context above to build up on and for better understanding. There is more but I just recapped on what's relevent to this event.
    During the banquet, the MC overhears Chaers having a conversation with a person that betrays the Duke in the og storyline. Their conversation indicates that he's colluding with that person. She gets kidnapped into a different room where she is tied up and wakes up (she was drugged to sleep) finds Chaers next to a brazier and an iron laid on the ground. He interrogates her, the MC is sobbing (I think it's a mix of betrayal, and feeling hurt that she isn't trusted even tho she saved the duke's life multiple times cause she wants him happy). He threatens to torture her (likely with the hot iron). She sobs and lies to him that she knew that the person was a traitor cause she overheard a conversation of their plans. Turns out Chaers didn't betray the Duke and tricked her so he can interrogate her into telling the 'truth'. The Duke didn't help either, he pops up when Chaersi is gone (leaving MC still tied) and tells MC that she could have told Chaers the truth cause he would accept it. MC defended that she doesn't think at least at that time (interogation) that he would believe her. This indicates that the Duke was watching her being interogated and potentially tortured. He even said that Chaers was being soft on her (I guess for not pushing and scaring her enough to tell the truth). He also used her to bait the traitor as seeing her close to the Duke can make him think that he can use her (for info I think).
    So in summary, the MC got kidnapped, interogated, threatened to be tortured, left tied to the chair by Chaers and the Duke used her without her acknowledgement (she would have helped if he got her involved in the plan since she was the one that told him), did nothing and watched the MC in distress and let the MC figure out that she was used as nothing but a pawn and saying that Chaers is soft on her, indicating that he thinks Chaers should have been harsher on her

I don't want to judge too early tho since this is just the beginning. I really like the start of the story and I wasn't expecting the dark turn of the events since the truth was revealed. For now I'll keep reading cause I hope the MC would be happy. Even tho this is a romance novel, I'm okay if she doesn't fall in love if that means she has to end up with MLS that treat her horribly and no development was made to deserve gaining her forgiveness and trust

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    zozoshawky, Yuma28, its0k and 14 others like this.
  9. Aron Dare

Aron Dare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this got real dark real quick! I do not want MC to keep on tolerating them now..... Hope there's a way for her to get away from all this

10. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ****this is not spoilers, it's a complaint about MC and ML

Sigh I just read ch 35 and I feel like I'm losing my mind.
    I don't understand MC's thoughts of fangirling over the Duke's looks everytime they're in the same room when he's kind of mean to her. If the author tries to redeem him by labeling him as a tsundere, I don't think I'll be able to handle it. I think people forget sometimes that tsundere behavior is childish, emotionally stunted, and rude.... it becomes a term to excuse grown MLs for being mean like "oh it's so cute that a grown man is treating a woman badly b/c he can't communicate properly, don't be so harsh to him, let's not forget his tragic backstory guysss!!" It's a bit passable for a child b/c they're still developing but he's an ADULT.
    I can't entirely blame the Duke and Chaer for having suspicions towards her b/c she's acting out of character so there's justification, but regardless, they're being unpleasant towards her. If a normal person in her position were to be treated this way, their response would be to distance themselves emotionally if they're unable to escape physically, however, Arielsa keeps thinking that the duke is so ~HaWT~ and is eternally mesmerized by his looks.

Frankly, at this point in the story, the Duke is annoying, disrespectful, and overbearing to her. The circumstances may call for his behavior (she's a stranger occupying his friend's body) but she's more passive than expected (she gets angry sometimes but it doesn't last long b/c he's hot *EYEROLL*). It would be understandable to anyone for her to be angry, yet, why isn't she more angry about her treatment?

TL;DR, my primary gripe w/ MC is her bland personality of letting people treat her like sh**. It's also natural for Duke and Chaer to be wary of her but the way they treat her, esp Chaer talking down to her, is unsavory to me.
    The author basically created a helpless, impressionable, naive idiot of an MC (this is just based on the first 35 chs, she may have character development later on but i'm mad at the current flow of the story) who is ok with a man treating her like ass??? She's a doormat who excuses the Duke's actions b/c he's good looking. For some reason, she's still able to like him despite him being an a-hole??

ML's personality is probably the product of his environment and social status but that doesn't mean it's excusable. The story is going in the direction of "we musn't be together, your destiny is w/ the ogFL" but can the author include a scene of her gaining some self respect in the process.....
    My apologies in advance for writing the complaint w/ a strong tone...I'm just tired of the story

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    zozoshawky, Yuma28, its0k and 17 others like this.
  11. LucyAmber

LucyAmber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any spoilers around chapter 43 onwards? the translation group had to take the novel down T_T

12. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this dropped, I thought the translator was having exams and she/he took a long break

13. LucyAmber

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they had to take the novel down! I'm assuming official publisher/copyright issues. :cry:

november27 likes this.
  14. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil:(we didn’t even came to the part where the duke says he can’t be with another woman (part mentioned in the prologue)

15. LucyAmber

Reading List:
    Link
    ahhhh!! I basically started this novel for that part!!! :cry::cry:

snzzykitten and Reputation_ like this.
  16. Silver_Owl

Silver_Owl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. thomie

thomie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. arienlyne

arienlyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Siyasingh

Siyasingh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Mangagirl4

Mangagirl4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happened after they did all that to her? Pretty messed up