Spoiler In this life, the Greatest Star in the Universe [이번 생은 우주 대스타]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RiannNeko, Dec 16, 2021.

1. RiannNeko

RiannNeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Title:
    In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
    이번 생은 우주 대스타
    Link to official raws: page.kakao.com/home/이번-생은-우주대스타/53682421
    Link to NU: www.novelupdates.com/series/in-this-life-the-greatest-star-in-the-universe/
    Synopsis:

A face is a face, a song is a song, a composition is a composition.
    Beautiful, talented and hardworking upcoming idol Sun Woojoo.
    One day, a miracle came to him!

“I’ll become a star who shines more than anyone else.”

His dreadful dancing wasn’t an issue anymore.
    At last, an idol with everything prepared.
    Now, a monster rookie has appeared in the entertainment world!

In this life, the greatest star in the universe!

Personal Summary:

Having trained as an idol for years, Sun Woojoo missed his chance to debut in TJ Entertainment because of his still sub-par skills in dancing. After being given the option to wait for a few more years or be recommended to other agencies, Sun Woojoo (with a heavy heart) decided to quit immediately and enlisted for the mandatory two-year enlistment for men in the Korean Army; planning to go to college after the enlistment and become a composer.

Two years have passed and he was on his way to take the CSAT (College Scholastic Ability Test) when he was injured from trying to prevent an accident befalling an old man. A miracle happens when he woke up and learned that gained the ability to accurately copy the actions that he sees; compensating for his dancing skills. He was contacted by a former manager from TJ entertainment and gained a chance to audition for an idol group.

Watch him pave a path in the idol industry.

Why should you read this?

I think that this is different from a lot of cn-jn-kn novels about becoming an idol because the norm for those novels is being in an idol survival program. The cons of this type of idol program are that the groups are on a time limit and that they often have to negotiate with the various companies of different group members. In "In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe" or Greatest Star for short, we see the group members interact more with the company staff from the producers, to their manager and they are also offered a great deal of creativity as well.

The fantastical elements like Woojoo's ability are also not the main focus of the novel as it focuses on their growth and how they try to overcome challenges.

[​IMG]

The name of their group is The New Black and each member is known to be skilled at both singing and dancing. Their members are Sun Woojoo (the one in the center) as the leader (and arranger and composer), Kim Bijoo/Biju (yellow-haired) as the main dancer, Kim Jung-hyun (standing on the right) as their rapper, Ri Hyuk (standing on the left) as their main vocalist and Wang Jiho (pink-haired) as their maknae.

I may post some spoilers here but usually in arcs (I'm reading it for free via mtl-ing it and using the one free chapter per day :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:). Stay Tuned! Also keep this thread going by talking about the translated chapter or if what part you are curious about.

SheeLey, rairia17, KP_Min and 4 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. CaleHen

CaleHen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! How do you read it by mlt-ing. I also want to read ahead, I don't mind using google translate for reading. Could you send me the chapters by txt file or on google drive or some sort. I want to read it! Thank you!

RiannNeko likes this.
  4. RiannNeko

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to be honest that mtl-ing this is so hard because kakopage novels are embedded as a page (think of reading a pdf that is in korean and you can't download).

What I do is that I take a photo and run it through the papago app to translate it.

Nilfheim_Licle likes this.
  5. Tape

Tape New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    everytime i see this type of story i instantly remember (I'm really a superstar) which had me dying back in the day, novels have been struggling on humor recently or maybe i just grew up :blobsip: idk, hopefully this one doesn't disappoint.

6. CaleHen

CaleHen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, I see, that does sound like a difficult process. Thanks for the reply.

RiannNeko likes this.
  7. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    damn why are they so hooooottt!!
    some details and spoilers from namu wiki!! https://namu.wiki/w/이번 생은 우주대스타/등장인물

8. RiannNeko

Reading List:
    Link
    100 % agree and they all have their own talent and i really like em

I guess this is different since it focuses on the life as an idol in korean. Unlike I'm really a superstar, this work has original composed songs (We readers aren't given actual songs with the melody and performance video but you know what i mean). The work does talk about the songs they are writing and some moves about choreography and all that. The lyrics also makes sense and they do give a curious insight in how songs are released in kpop (like the differences in spring and summer releases; the focus on "concepts", how the choreography needs to be balanced and all of that).

What i am saying is that it isn't like this life is a superstar because TLS used songs actually released in the real world that the MC used to succeed in the similar but song-inept world he is in. This one has it's own lyrics to the songs and own choreography.

Ahmya and KP_Min like this.
  9. Violetthephoenix

Violetthephoenix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read until chapter 20, wojoo our mc will write some song and reach top 1.
    So far so good, but MTL this novel is so hard.

Ahmya likes this.
  10. izhov

izhov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello! may i know if you have the txt of this novel or can you give me the link of the raw? i wanna try mtling this novel (´ . .̫ . `)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  11. KainCrow

KainCrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone reading this now?
    It's upto 771 chapters as I write.. And I am upto 23rd chapter on KKP, waiting for cooltime to hit for a free chapter. =P

12. SheeLey

SheeLey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, i just found this story and my last read is from NEW BLACK planned work with singer Jung Sowon
    Can i ask for spoiler after that chapter please? A lil summary is fine, thank you

13. Grymoonie

Grymoonie New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any new updates and spoilers? I found this story yesterday and the translated ch was only up to 22

14. Elisee

Elisee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers? :blob_plusone: