Chinese Infinite Apostle and the Twelve War Maidens

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by freemen muaddib, May 6, 2022.

1. freemen muaddib

freemen muaddib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Infinite Apostle and the Twelve War Maidens
    Raw Link: https://book.sfacg.com/Novel/115625/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/infinite-apostle-and-the-twelve-war-maidens/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Because it's awesome! One of the best harem novel around. The reasons:
    1) The girls are not just empty dolls, but truly persons, with their own life, thoughts and aims in life. Interacting with them is not just the usual act of protecting them, but they push the story ahead. If anything, is the MC that follows and react to their decisions. Each girl is a memorable character and a protagonist as well.
    2) The writing is succint and to the point. Not wasted pages on senseless elaborations like in many chinese novels.
    3) The story is a perfect mix between tension and comedy. The author is great at both being hilarious and dramatic. The great tension in some scenes is always followed by scenes where the tension is released using comedy.
    4) The MC is the very definition of overpowered (he is the most powerful being in the universe), yet because he can't reveal his power and he is not able to cultivate human elemental magic he's always put in crisis and tortured by his beautiful master, who think he is good for nothing. Yet he struggles to train, cultivating anyway (using the energy absorbed from his master, and in a way that will make you ROTFL all the times) to win fights and competitions with just human elemental magic. Both an hilarious and a clever narrative device, giving him a satisfying growing arc even if he does not need it. Genius.
    5) When things get very serious and he is forced to use his real power he is an absolute badass. The writing at such point is absolutely stellar, never predictable and definitely hexilarating. Those scenes are just catartic!
    6) The plot is very articulated, and the many personal stories of his girls happens simultaneously and they move like dozen of conspiracies in the background. Very different from the s*upid linear narratives that is usually weaved in this genre. You really can feel a multiplicity of characters with different agendas moving in the world around him, and there are no simple actions: every choice has effects on multiple plotlines at the same time. This require a great deal of preparation and setup before even starting writing.
    7) While the MC can feel too dense at times, he is really not. He understands more that he lets transpire. But you need to go over 300 chapters to really understand him. He is really a great MC.
    8) Some of the characters appearing in the latter part of the novel are really really cool and memorable (they give me a One Piece vibe).
    Unfortunately the translations stopped one year ago, (the translator even closed its patreon), not because of bad reviews (those on NU are almost all positives!) but because he started a new business with a financial youtube channel, as he explaned in his Discord channel. Now you have to read the awful MTL if you want to go over the first 200 chapters. I really hope that somebody will start translating this again, because it is a true gem.
    Description: He was recognized as the strongest existence, standing at the top of the world. Wealth? Reputation? Power? They were all not worth mentioning in his eyes. The strongest apostle fled, appearing on the humans’ continent.
    But the reason was, “Don’t misunderstand! I’m here to find my future wife!” That’s right, this is a story about the history’s strongest apostle finding a wife.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  2. Arxont

Arxont Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgive me for some bad english.
    I only read manhua so far and wanted to ask.
    Have you read only 200 chapters or all the existing ones?
    Please tell me if you know if Luo Fang will be Yorman's wife or will she remain in Netherworld. After all, the king of Netherworld resurrected Aegir. Can he resurrect Luo Fang too? Or will Yorman do something to resurrect her?