Infinite Mobile Data, Just for me tho.

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Exterial, Jan 9, 2018.

?

Did you read the wall of text?

1. Skipped through it sorry m8

34.2%
  2. Left the moment i saw it, well wanted to but poll baited me to stay a little longer

39.5%
  3. I'm very bored so yes

26.3%
  4. Was mildly interesting

21.1%
  5. I-It's not like i read it just because YOU wrote it BAKKA!

15.8%
  6. Don't believe you (well shit fam no idea how to prove it and don't really care about your opinion)

5.3%
  7. Yes and i believe every word you said (You smart. You Loyal. WE THE BEST)

10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well first things first, i'm not here to scam you or show you some secret way to get infinite mobile data, not even close.
    I'm just very bored right now and in the process of testing theory number god knows what at this point.
    This will probably be very long because i'm going to go as much into detail as i feel like, i feel like doing that now but who knows maybe 20mins down the line i'll start to feel bored and wrap this all up.
    What i'm about to write about, is about how for the past 2 months or so i've been dealing with infinite mobile data, can i provide evidence? Well all i can really show is my mobile data usage not sure what else i can show as proof, if you got any idea of what i could do then tell me, for now you'll just have to deal with my mobile data usage charts with random days having used 18gb while everything else has like 50mb.
    Anyway let's get started shall we?
    First some backstory, for like 4 months or so now i've had wlan at home, and for like 2 months or so i didnt even have a phone due to my being broken so i couldnt even buy mobile data to use.
    It was, and *technically* still is hell.
    Youtube videos? Online games? Fuck that, all i had were epubs of novels, and while i very much do enjoy reading after doing nothing but said thing ofc things will get kinda bored,
    I had to look for alternate ways to get the stuff i want, mainly yt vids.
    At that time all i had was my bros tablet, so what do? Well for the first couple weeks i went to a café to "borrow" their internet, but that 100kbs download wasn't that great, downloading a vid took forever so eventually i turned to another way, going to an internet café. Well its called that but its nothing more than a kiosk with 6 random pcs 1 of em even has a scratched screen and half torn of headphones (to this day they havent repaired it) god i hate it when they tell me to go to pc nr 5 urgh. Anyway i'm getting slightly off topic, point is pc usage costs 50cents per 15mins or 2€ for an hour. But that 5mbs download speed was great, usually was there for like 40mins downloading yt vids to a usb and then getting home.
    Everytime i turn up my pc now and look at the 110gb yt vid folder with all sorts of random stuff from americas got talent vids to 200 parts of a binding of isaac lets play i cant help laughing slightly.
    Anyway fast forward to 2 months ago, got a used phone for 95€ on ebay (picked it up myself) accidentally gave the guy 100€ too, i had 1 of my 50€ bills changed by my mom but then forgot to take out 5€ from the pile when i gave the guy the money, rip 5€, by the time i noticed i was out of the building and thought fuck it and left.
    Now the phone i bought is important as one of my theories is that it's part if not the whole reason for my infinite mobile data.
    Huawei p9 lite.
    Compared to my s4 its a monster, no more lags playing games.
    Its also essentially new, only a couple months old no scratches or anything and for 95(100)€ very much worth it.
    But there IS something wrong with it which i KNEW when buying it, guy said camera doesn't work, no matter how you access it (app,facebook,whatsapp etc.) It used to work but then stopped after an update, so i figured its a software not a hardware issue and i was correct.
    Spend dayyyyyys googling and researching, this isnt a normal huawei p9 lite. Its a chinese manufactured one, hell even came in a G9 box. Its not a knockoff tho, its a legit huawei p9 lite just Chinese. But see problem is those over in china somehow force flashed the wrong firmware for this device on it, and its not just mine all the chinese ones are like this, this is what eventually caused the problem when the dude updated the phone, google huawei rnd test keys 90 if interested. Very common and easy problem to fix, if this wasnt a chinese import...How to fix? Rollback.
    How to rollback? Download rollback package.
    Which you cant find anywhere because this is a chinese model of a vns 21 which should actually be a vns 31 and customer support wont help because its not an eu model and the guy bought it online so no help there.
    But fine i kinda gave up for now on the whole thing, literally never used the camera app ever apart from random photos every now and then.
    Anyway got phone, got sim card, spent 10€ got 1.25gb or something like that data per month. Was very carefull about how i spent my data, but it still ran out after 10 days or so and after it runs out what happens? It turns slow.
    Fast forward 1 week and i noticed something wierd when i was at my work thats forced by school so i dont get payed. For some reason when i was at work my internet was fast! Naturally used this to my advantage and downloaded vids, next day it was fast again, and the day after it. So i started to experiment.
    My first test results were as follow.
    Sometimes it went fast after a few minutes, sometimes after an hour, if i went home on break and came back it wouldnt turn fast again, but sometimes it did.
    I experimented more.
    I tried not using my phone for like 30mins then checking and it was almost always fast this method, then i tried the same but "using" my phone this time, by using i mean setting it so that it only turned black after 10mins and tapping it every now and then while it was in my pocket, results were that it more often than not didnt turn fast, sometimes it didnt go fast at all the whole day afterwards.
    This had me concluding that its best not to use it to get the net going fast, a theory that still 'seems' to be working to this day but not quite, more on that later.
    What i also tried to make sure was that it was in fact my workplace that is causing this phenomenon, none of my colleagues experienced this BUT when walking out of the building and crossing an imsginary line i found after trial and error my mobile data LITERALLY TURNED ITSELF OFF AND ON AGAIN and then it was slow.
    Thats when i knew somethings up, to this day i dont know what tho. Theory? All of the radios and stuff in the building mess up with the signals and cause me to connect to a different network, theory backed up with me sometimes seeing 4g instead of H+ next to my data when it was fast even tho when i checked my servers i was usually connected to a 3g one and 4g wasnt even an option.
    So i just continued like this for a while until the holidays came, no holidays no work no internet. Until one day, literally last workday i went home laid on bed and realised data was still fast, i just chilled and used it then went to sleep but it was still fast next morning.
    First things first, google. Did my ispn give out free data? Nope. Ok good, now experiment.
    Download as much yt as possible and give hotspot to my fam apart from mom, used tethering to connect to pc and downloaded 4gb leauge update and other stuff then it turned slow again. So what to do? I went outside and stood infront of my closed store (work place) didnt touch my phone at all, stood like 10minutes then came back home.
    And it was fast again.
    God knows why but it was, this threw me off as usual it i came home during break it would automatically turn off and go slow again when i crossed that imaginary line. Maybe because i didnt touch it at all this time? But im sure i went home once on break without touching my phone but it was still slow.
    Well whatever, free net!
    Used 18gbs or so that day, was great.
    Next day the same trick worked but only once, day after that didnt work at all.
    Shops were closed due to holidays, maybe because closed shop = no radio = no interference = no net, this also worked with my other theory so i went with that, day after that or so when shops opened it still didnt turn fast when i went there, maybe it needs more time for the interference to form?
    Next day same deal, day after that i gave up on my store and just walked around outside and chilled at a restaurant, went home, laid in bed (thats important) and browsed the web with my slow net, after like 10mins of browsing the web my net suddenly turned fast! Checked by going on yt.
    I stood up, went to my pc, connected phone, used tethering. All this took no more than 30secs (pc in sleep mode) but then for some reason i realised internet was slow.
    Well fuck right? Disheartened laid back in bed, seconds later it turned fast. Da fuq? Figured its a coincidence, and it just happened to not work for that min or so. Went to pc and it worked great.
    Next day or so didn't work i believe, but day after that it did. Woke up around 10:40 it was fast, it died around 14 tho, i was sharing with my fam. Kinda let my phone lay there while playing terraria with mods ofc, after 1k+ hours it got bored without mods.
    Anway at around 15:30 i realised my internet worked again, noticed my gmail wasnt giving me a "no connection" working no more, and i tried youtube and it worked, phone was connected and using tethering the whole time. Oh and gmail simply doesnt work with my 2kbs download net hence the no connection thing. Net worked till 19 or so that day, naturally gave net to fam except mom again.
    The next few days net was randomly working or not, thought maybe it had something to do with me going outside but then suddenly one day when i didnt go outside that day or even the day before it still went fast.
    After that session tho when i checked my data usage i noticed something, the net turned of literally as soon as i used up 7500mb via tethering and hotspot.
    Got me thinking maybe there's a limit? That was like 2 days ago, maybe 3? Hard to keep track when you're doing literally nothing the whole day, gotta love holidays. Anyway know it was recent because yesterday (its 01:28 germany right now (started typing this whole thing at around 0:40 btw) internet turned fast at around late 16 early 17 or so, was watching a movie with sis on my pc after like 20mins of the movie i quickly checked my phone that was charging on my bed and net was fast.
    This infinite mobile data session tho is different first of im testing the 7.5gb theory so no crossing that, just to see how long internet will stay if i dont cross it. If i go to sleep now and wake up and its still fast my theory is sound, second off internet behaved differently this time.
    After an hour of net usage (not exactly an hour) internet died. And by died i mean still connected to mobile data but literally didnt work at all, after like 20minutes it started working again but it was slow, 20mins after that tho it turned fast. And in the past hours its randomly stopped working for a max of 20 secs or so a few times. Maybe the net is doing a "check" seeing if i used up the 7.5gbs but then realises i haven't so it stays fast? Dunno, another theory.
    Either way, im fairly certain it has to have something to do with this chinese Franksteins monster of a phone, and no dont have the resources to test my card with different phones and due to the random nature that i still havent grasped perfectly of my data becoming "infinite" it wouldnt work out well if i tried different phones without a LOT of time spent. Also im not using some sketchy sim card, this is a card from vodafone, like the biggest phone guy thingy company in germany. If theres one thing wrong with my card is that it was a micro card but i needed a nano one for my new phone so i chopped it up myself with scissors to make it fit into the nano slot.
    But gotta say this data is making my life a lot easier, and if the 7.5gb theory proves to work i might be able to resume playing leauge again that'll be fun, holidays ending in 6 days too urgh. Oh lol my internet browser (UC browser) just gave me a notification saying the trump towers are on fire so hey.
    Lemme post some screens of my data usage charts, kinda all i can do oh and ignore the 97terrabyte data left or whatever it says, only did that because my phone was annoying me with "you're 187mb over your daily limit!" And stuff so i set it so my phone thinks i have 98 or whatever terrabytes of data.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Man i spent an hour writing this god am i bored, kinda dont wanna sleep anymore since if i fall asleep i wont wake up till like 12, and i dont wanna waste time sleeping since holidays ending soon... Urgh...
    Well whatever i'll just set an alarm for 7, 5 hours sleep are enough.
    Posting in the tech forum since i feel it fits it more than the general one, oh and if any of you have any good theories or ideas i could try feel free to tell me i might do em.
    Edit: Even tho i spent over an hour writing this net is still fast making me believe even more in the 7.5gb "limit" theory.
    According to the theory have about 500mb left which i will spend on 2 leauge games tommorow then downloading yt vids to prove theory.

Anon2.0 likes this.
  2. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    i pay 99rmb a month for infinite mobile data on 2 devices.

also. seriously. tldr. place it in spoiler ffs

4. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Bean

Bean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy mother of wall texts =(

6. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    This is longer than the great wall and the proposed trump wall combined.

7. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I stopped reading at the "Well"...

8. Relken

Relken Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WTF it's a wall... even my textbooks have pictures... JEEZUS.

IAmGodSlayer and Exterial like this.
  9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    you are still a greenhorn, i stopped the moment i saw his avi....i was expecting another wall of shit...

10. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait i'm slightly famous? Hell even if i'm know as "the guy who posts walls of shit" i'll still be happy, fame is fame!

11. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    It took me over an hour to write this better be fucking long.

12. Robofs740

Robofs740 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Turn this into a mystery novel and put a random reason why it worked.

Astaroth likes this.
  13. Enchantress

Enchantress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didn't read it ^^

14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure it isn't just buying more data or something lol? Watch out for the next internet bill...

p.s. yes, I actually read the whole thing

15. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    Vodafone iz da biggest in z wauldo

16. rzgriz

rzgriz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you using prepaid or postpaid?
    Be careful with your after bill if you are using postpaid
    And maybe your phone is using costum apn or somekind of hidden vpn?
    Its Chinese you know
    Wow the packet data over there is pretty dang expensive eh 1.25 gb for 10euro
    Here i got 1gb for 1000 idr, about 0.06 euro i dont know how much cent is that. Sometimes its nice to live here

Astaroth likes this.
  17. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit I the word is hurting my eyes, just kidding I can't reading all of it, it was too much for me.

18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmm... Gz I guess! Magical fast data is great! \(^^)/

19. Enchantress

Enchantress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what a wall of text :(

20. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    Prepaid, i charged 10€ on my phone and bought 1.25gb of data. Literally all my fam members and most friends have the same thing. Not using any vpn either.

Astaroth likes this.