Introducing ComradeMao - MTL HUB

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tyr_, Apr 5, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirDan

SirDan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ComradeMao has better readability than LNMTL. For CN novels I recommend you switch over. Try comparing a novel that is both in LNMTL and ComradeMao and you'll see the difference.

2. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    Comrademao.com is better than lnmtl.com

3. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for MTLing blobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbs:blobbunny:
    I only read TotCF from chp200 on your site and it's still read-able for me~~~
    Any plan on continuing Trash of the Count's Family?
    I kept on refreshing your site :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

4. AKIKAN

AKIKAN The Dicktator

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm too lazy to read all previous contents in this thread. But how does comrademao work anyway? Would it help if I added some terms into it?
    My added terms are listed as pending, no idea when it'll be accepted. But I saw many added terms long before mine not being used in the MTL at all. The navigation sucks too. This site is a much inferior version of lnmtl imho.

5. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would say the mtl is better than lnmtl

but you are also right that lnmtl handle terms better.

basically in comrademao, they have "expert mtl" who decide what terms are accepted. on discord, it seems like they are using online dictionaries to determine if the term is correct or not and know nothing about the raw language

as for when comrade mao decides to re-mtl..you'd have to ask an admin....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Haruhal likes this.
  6. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than saying which better at mtl.. I thought both sitis focus on different novel,I mean comrademao's are mostly KR (yayyyy thankgod) while lnmtl's are CN...
    And I guess chinese's words have large meaning espc.the ancient theme one so it made mtl worse

7. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh comrademao seems to be a better site with better variety (like you said, there are kr and jpn novels there)
    also new novels are added much more frequently than lnmtl so again, much better than lnmtl

but like i said, lnmtl site is better and comrademao on mobile is just...bad...esp when you want to jump to a chapter or search for one

as far as i remember, once upon a time, lnmtl said that they would not host any qidian novels because of the WN issue + DMCA, then comrademao appeared...i'm sure you can find the news post that lnmtl made on their site somewhere....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  8. AKIKAN

AKIKAN The Dicktator

Reading List:
    Link
    And how do they translate using those glossary anyway? I tried making a glossary for Google Translate and translated a Chinese web novel chapter using that glossary, but the glossary list isn't used by Google Translate to translate the terms directly, but merely as reference. I can't even edit the translation with the glossary terms either. It makes me wonder how they do that in lnmtl.

9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    in LNMTL it's a simple search and replace, systran works with that because it's rule based.

Something to note though is that on LNMTL the terms aren't inserted as english text though, they're more like 'code' or a 'reference number' "-@00123056" or whatever so first Systran translates the text with these random codewords that it thinks are nouns, then after the translation is done LNMTL replaces all of them with the actual terms from the glossary.

It's worth noting though that you don't have to do it like LNMTL does it though, you can try it yourself with systran, just write some random stuff in english and it will work just fine.

Also there's an in built systran function for making your own glossary and terms, though I never got around to trying it out (it's supposed to support different types, i.e. instead of everything being a noun you could set words/phrases as adjectives or verbs)

As for google, you'll be lucky if it doesn't outright remove your text or replace parts of it.

As for how Comrade Mao does it, I'm not too sure, since it's supposed to be the admin's special CAT Tool

AKIKAN likes this.
  10. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how do i use systran to translate websites?

11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    you can use their browser extension if you want something like "translate this webpage"

12. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CM vs LNMTL, this question about which is better is something thats been unanswered since lost ages.*cough*
    Anyway, jokes aside, I would like to clear some things up about the system for terms on both Lnmtl and CM. First of all, none of the people on both the sites 'know' chinese language. Its obvious if u think about it; they are reading mtl instead of just reading raw, after all. Mr. Tides, aka batman, seems to have some kind of delusion that chinese language experts from china are sitting behind their computers and making terms for the cn for the better of the general public. Regardless of the site, we all use online dictionaries, thats how it works. Many of us have become very good at it, so much so that we dont need dictionaries most of the times; we just use it for the more uncommon characters. But even then, we dont 'know' chinese language, not really. This goes for both the sites, CM and Lnmtl. Mr.tides claimed on our(CM) discord that he 'knows' chinese language and added some terms for novels. I wouldnt go into details here but I'll just say this, he doesnt know chinese chars, not even with the dictionaries. Every term of his was wrong beyond reasoning. They werent even close to what the terms meant. So, for the part where he's claiming that there's an 'expert mtl' who decides which terms are accepted, it is true; I wouldnt call us 'expert mtl though. But here's the thing, its true for both the sites, thats how it works. Anyone can propose a term for any novel, that goes in the pending list(for both sites), then someone who has the authority can check them and accept or reject them; of course, depending on if its right or not(which we decide using online dictionaries). As for the authenticity of the online dictionaries, I woulnt comment on that, but only that we use dictionaries based on cc-cedict.
    I think that much should be enough to clear up some misunderstandings, if there was any. On another note, Mr. Tides, aka batman, doesnt seem to like the mods at our discord but thats understandable, given that he was warned for his behaviour there by me personally. So, if there's any hard feelings left, I apologize, but I would warn you again and kick you if you did that same thing.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Cataporozo, SirDan and Astaroth like this.
  13. fuwa.fuwa

fuwa.fuwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Found CM this week ❤

14. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
  15. nothinsnew

nothinsnew Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so what softwares these guys use to translate?

16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe they built their own script to use any of the common translating tools like Bing translate. Google Translate or Baidu translate

nothinsnew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.