Ipad white screen of death

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Gandire Alea, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, i boot it up and the black screen turns into a faded white screen with black borders. I've tried resetting it, but the screen won't change.

I set it down the other day, took a nap, and woke up to that screen.

Any ideas??

From what I can tell, it is still responsive. I can't see anything, but I am able to input the password to log in

One Perfect Veteran and Jeanette like this.
  2. Jeanette

Jeanette Lemo's wife, Anra's heroine, Aliceshiki's Kouhai

Reading List:
    Link
    Googled it and it seems to be a hardware problem so you'll need to bring it somewhere to get it checked/fixed, apple store should be your last thought unless you have applecare maybe.

Nusan likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This happened to my laptop once, I took it to a technician and he had to get a new screen for my laptop, he said there was no way to salvage the screen, though the laptop still worked perfectly fine.

If you have a way of connecting it to a different monitor, you can test things out to see if it's just a screen problem or if it's some other sort of problem.

Edit: After seeing your edit, I'd say it's pretty likely that it's just a dead screen problem... Being an ipad problem though... Well, good luck? I never dealt with apple products, but I heard repair for them was super absurdly costly... >.>

4. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I might have to >.>

The screen is actually fine. I was able to get it to appear semi normal yesterday

One Perfect Veteran and Jeanette like this.