Spoiler Iris - The Lady and her Smartphone

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by mikeyla, Dec 24, 2019.

1. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking her father knows he has a daughter, Iris Foreste.
    He met her. She has his red eyes and his love's silver hair. I think it'd be obvious she's their daughter, yet he wasn't surprised when he saw her. He probably knows about her, but both parents had to hide it for a reason.

2. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About Nera reading that book about eyes surgery (changing the color?) well, there are 2 outcomes in my opinion but I'm still confused.

1. She wants to change her own eyes/color maybe to red so she can plead the GD family and be adopted. BUT the grand duchess already saw Nera and knows she has green eyes, and grand duke's beloved was Rose Foreste not Nera's mother so it's a weak plan if Nera wants to change and use red eyes to be adopted. Maybe she wants to use red eyes bc she knows it's a weak point of the grand duchess, and grand duke may fancy her coz well, red eyes like his ....still, it's a very weak and stupid move. :blobunsure:

2. Nera may plan to kidnap Iris and forcefully do an eye surgery on Iris to change her eyes (you know how in 1st timeline Howard's mother forcefully did a surgery on Iris to take out/kill the baby in Iris belly) so she (Iris) lose the proof that she's grand duke biological daughter. This plan is very difficult and requires a lot of resources and the outcome, well it's 50/50. For this plan Nera needs to find powerful partners like Liza or Marianne Carmandy maybe to kidnap Iris and money for the doctors who can perform this kind of surgery. So it's a very demanding plan but not impossible, especially if Nera will tell them Iris birth secret. Empress Liza does not want for Iris to be more powerful and then help Ian so she (Liza) will agree to cooperate, and Marianne also hates Iris and is easily manipulated so she may agree to help Nera. Also, there was a spoiler that Iris gets kidnaped at the end, by Liza, for 3 years (I think) and that Marriane will be in coma after Nera's schemes so ....maybe this is related? :hmm:

Both suggestions are a little bit raw, and personally I'm still confused on what Nera will do with this eye surgery book. At the moment she's desperate ....she lost everything, is 3 months (unwantedly) pregnant from a simple man (is he a commoner/soldier?) and found out that Iris, besides being the only heir to Foreste Marquesate, she's also the only heir of the Grand Duchy which reigns an autonomous region-like-country and is more powerful than the empire itself. So, Nera is desperate now who know what 'brilliant' idea might illuminate her already crazy head. :blobpopcorn_cool:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  3. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally like theory#2... Because somewhere in here... Someone spoils about Iris being kidnapped with Nera and Empress Liza as the masterminds...

Edit: and it is three years?! OxO... How I wish that three years will be Iris escaped and hide for three years not three years of imprisonment under Empress Liza.

I just really wanted to know how and what will be downfall of this vile characters.:blob_catflip:

4. IceQueenRinne1234

IceQueenRinne1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone knows where is this in the novel? :cookie::cookie:
    I can manage to extract some spoilers from the raws if I know the exact number :blobhero::blobhero:

bigredqueen and rock.doll like this.
  5. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    WOAH @IceQueenRinne1234 I was thinking about you and contemplating maybe to ask if you can check this novel raws but thought is not fair and I was a little bit embarrassed to ask this so ...yeah. :blobpeek:

Also, I don't know till which novel chapter/s did the webtoon cover up until now. I only know that the novel has 6 vol/s in total on ridibooks and 271 ch/s on kakaopage and the webtoon official English TL is at ch. 88 so, if thinking logically following the webtoon storyline, at the moment the webtoon is on season 2 and we can see that the most intriguing part starts now, is not close to culmination but I feel that is almost finishing in building the way to the culmination. So, if approximating then the webtoon maybe covered half of the novel till now ...so maybe around ch/s 130-ish or less or something in between. :blobastonished: This is just my feel and speculation, if someone has better grasp then PLEASE HEAR OUR PLEAS, WE NEED YOU HELP so we all can get spoilers about this story (I really want to know if my speculation about Liza's son not being from the emperor is right xoxo). :blobsob:

Another option is for you randomly open a chapter to check out the storyline and then we can compare with the webtoon and a little bit try pitpoint the webtoon storyline and novel storyline connection. :sweating_profusely:

Thanks and sorry for being useless.... :blob_grin:

6. IceQueenRinne1234

Reading List:
    Link
    it's okay :blobsmilehappy::blobsmilehappy:
    I'll try to skim through the comments and try my luck :blobhero::blobhero:
    and if any novel I find worth it, I'll definitely try my best to acquire it!! :blobsalute::blobsalute:

7. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Sophie and her mother's necklace would be the key that Nera's plans will backfire against her.

If she's going to change her eye color that would be suspicious or she'll use the excuse of wearing contacts.

But her hair is pink tho. ._. so how? So maybe she'll change her overall appearance? And Nera is known to be the daughter of Iris' Uncle. Likkeeeeeee if she pretended to be the grand duke's daughter.. it's not going to be easy because there are anakin, sophie, and Ian to prove that nera is an imposter ._. even if nera change her identity and her overall appearance.

8. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still doubting if Iris will really get kidnap by those bitches but it's possible tho and knowing that carmandy will be in a coma because of nera's scheme.

Its either they'll create some imposter that looks like iris with the eye thing nera is doing right now maybe she's trying to change her appearance and identity. She got connection with carmandy who's gonna be the first solia right? So maybe she'll use that connection to get allies with the empress.

And both of them will try to put a scheme on iris with the help of carmandy. Empress Liza is also power y'know. I dont really want to underestimate that woman. With the help of the empress nera can possibly use that to her scheme so she could do something to iris and she will take over iris and maybe pretend to be the duke's daughter.

With the help ofcourse of empress liza.

Maybe carmandy got into a coma cause i think she's not a totally BAD person. She just hates Iris but she's not that bad. Maybe she got conscience and try to expose their schemes but failed. And nera tried to shut her up by doing something to carmandy. Hmmmm

This is only my theory :blobpopcorn_cool:.

But if Iris gets really kidnap, where's ian and the others? Right? Why it took 3 yrs to find her? Knowing they have genius like teddy, if nera will try to change her appearance or even hired an imposter, teddy will immediately notice it.

And if Nera tries to become the grand duke's daughter as an imposter, there are anakin , ian and sophie to prove that nera is an imposter.

And even the grand duchess herself saw nera's appearance. Or nera will manipulate the grand duchess with her nice girl act that she's trying to be close to her because she wants to get close to the grand duke her father and she wants to reunite with him. Even from afar she'll see hee father act. Like ew. Nera. Go to hell.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  9. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    All we can do now is wait for the webtoon updates, which are pretty fast, and speculate and make theories here. There's little real spoiling from the novel, unfortunately.

About Iris kidnaping and 3 years timeframe, I think only empress Liza can pull this out. Considering Iris supporters like Ian & the rest of the bunch, her brother, and even grand duke, and I think even the royal family (Ian's uncle/aunty) and it still took them 3 YEARS to find her. I mean, only empress Liza can do this. This woman rose from dust to the most powerful person in the empire for now, she's smart and crafty and evil enough to use underhanded methods. She hid her illegal docs under the main imperial palace for God's sake! Basically, she put all her illegal deeds in front of the imperial family and Ian's nose like 'Look, it's all here' ...I mean this require quite huge balls, and brains also.

Nera will be this push that will make Liza to act, IMO. Nera now is pregnant, 3 months, so she has to act very fast till her belly shows, and Carmandy and Liza are the best option for her.

Carmandy is a variable, useful but still a variable that is also unpredictable. Marianne is not bad, she's literally a child pampered to heavens by her parents, she never knew the answer NO until Ian and Iris. And now she's 1st solia tho she even does not understand the weight of this position and all the scheming behind her sudden rise from both empress Liza and Iris (Iris quit the solia position). She's merely a tool that is being used, so hopefully she'll start to think and grow a little bit.

QueenSara, ariane09, Veille and 2 others like this.
  10. LeideLis

LeideLis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone can answer me. Why did Nera mother and others from Nera family always say that Iris Mother was a scheming and bad woman but the Marquis titlle was to Iris mother from the begging? Why did they always say that Iris is the same, but Iris was always good to them! They have a brain problem or they made it to blame Iris and made her feel like bad, and this form they manipulated her?

PS. english isn't my mother language, sorry for any mistakes.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    ariane09 and rock.doll like this.
  11. bigredqueen

bigredqueen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I recall, Iris’ mom was already 4 months pregnant when she was married to Anakin’s dad.. And groom’s family wasn’t buying it & didn’t believe that Iris is his child
    But I think many parts of their negative feelings to Iris and her mom come from Nera’s family’s greed.. they want everything Iris have as they feel « entitled » cos as you say, brain malfunction :blobwhistle:
    Cmiiw

12. eveningblush

eveningblush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just saw a spoiler where nera might be successful changing her eyes to red. i don't know bcs i just saw a raw chapter of her with red eyes. maybe she kidnapped someone with red eyes. even the translator mentioned that it was a frustrating chapter to translate. must be bcs of the nera bitch :mad:

13. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yosh!! Time to stockpile the chapters so that my blood pressure will not surge forth. Thank you for this warning.:blobhero:

14. eveningblush

eveningblush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    another spoiler. nerabitch and gionni kidnapped sophie and stole the diary of iris's mother. it seems like nerabitch manipulate the diary and suddenly she has been recognised as the grand duke long lost daughter. when i thought the grand duke is clever, turned out he's not ugh. so the spoiler i told before when nera kidnapped someone, it was sophie. idk if she proceed with her plan to change her eyes but right now she has been recognised as the duke daughter. i'm fcking pissed!!! it seems like nera blackmailing gionni using their baby and he became stupid af

QueenSara, KuranFan, AoiYuni and 10 others like this.
  15. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    F***, so many plot holes. Everyone knows who Nera's mother is and who Iris Forreste's mother is, how tf can they believe Nera is her daughter:blob_catflip:.
    She wouldn't have Iris' mother's features. Plus red hair. Nera looks like her own mother! Which is still alive!!
    Seriously, wtf. Her father has seen Iris, is he blind not to notice???

16. Epona C

Epona C Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Saw some.xhapters and she changes her eyes and finds a diary and edits it and is believed to be the duke's daughter. Sooooo I'm checking out until this arc is done as it's too OTT for me!!

17. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts exactly. :blob_catflip:

I expected and really prayed for the grand duke not to be this stupid, but apparently he is, what a mess. When you have in front of you the daughter of your ex-beloved that looks exactly like your ex-lover whom you also slept with, and this daughter even has red eyes like yourself, HOW can you NOT think about this similarity? :blob_catflip:

I'm really disappointed in this Grand Duke. Not only he believes a total stranger that he already saw that she DOES NOT LOOK AT ALL LIKE Rose Foreste, and that she's lying like crazy. His innaction of not doing anything even though he saw Iris and knows that she's his ex-beloved daughter ....why he didn't check from time to time how Rose Foreste is doing, it's not like she left to live on another planet for God's sake, still same continent, same country, so why? :blob_catflip:

Everyone, EVERYONE know that Nera is a Mesala, she is the daughter of count Mesala couple, that greedy father and that crazy bitch are Nera's parents, everyone knows this. She looks exactly like her parents. What kind of Grand Duke you're if you cannot even do a background check? :blob_catflip:

Sophie is really useless in protecting Iris, really, quite viceversa actually. Anakin is the same, both of them knows of Iris birth and how much grand duke can help, and they know how crazy Nera is, why they did not do anything USEFUL? :blob_catflip:

The author really fucked up on this plot hole, like some VERY apparent physical traits are oblivious to practically everyone for years and then instantly, almost overnight they become like 'oh, you have red eyes, me too, so you're my daughter' ..... WTF.:blob_catflip:

.......going to drink some calming tea and pray that this arc finishes faster. :blob_coffee:

18. IceQueenRinne1234

Reading List:
    Link
    I have nothing more to say
    and I also will drink some Pepsi, cause calming tea won't work WITH THIS FUDFING PIECE'OF RUSTED METAL IN A JUNKYARD WAITING TO MELTED AND BE REFORMED!!!!!!!!!!!! :blob_catflip::blobcatflip::blob_catflip::blof_catflip:

19. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    One word: JEALOUSY.

Deep, delusional, close to hatred jealousy and inferiority complex, and brain malfunction as @bigredqueen said, this is Mesala family.

Mesala family are a poor viscount family living a boring life in a rural area. Nera's dad is the 2nd son of the Mesala, Anakin dad being the 1st one so inheriting the Mesala as the heir. Then he who is a widower with a son marries into a prestigious marquess family with a deep and history long presence, Foreste. So of course Nera dad will be jealous and hate this situation. Rose Foreste is famous, rich, beautiful, has everything you can dream of. This is totally opposite to Nera's mother whose a poor no-one who married a no-one to boot. Now imagine, the Foreste couple died and they became overnight the guardian to the Foreste marquisate. The more they tasted power the more they wanted it, more power, everything, because they knew that when Iris become of legal age they will return again into becoming no-ones. They're one step close to own their dream of being rich, famous, have a grand title, getting close to royal family, but there's one problem - Iris. They got rid of Anakin pretty fast, or better to say were lucky. Iris is still the real blood of Foreste and legally and rightfully owns everything they, the Mesala family, think is theirs already (delusional AF). They, Mesala couple and Nera, are just greedy delusional bastards, that's it. It does not matter how good the Foreste couple were to them, how good Iris treated them, they don't want this, they want the riches and the title and Iris is a big obstacle in getting what they desire.

About Iris birth secret, I think only Nera dad has an inkling but even if he believed this then he would NEVER tell the truth because that means that Iris is not his brother daughter, so he does not have any right to be called a guardian to Iris, to Foreste marquisate, as he does not have any blood ties, and there already is a greedy bunch of vassals but a guardian can be only one.

Honestly, the webtoon portrayed them as one dimension villains, not giving much volume or meaning to their acts. So maybe the novel has more, if not, then it's another author's plot hole to have such plain second-rate villains. Well, at least Nera has more to show, and empress Liza being the last boss does have some presence.

20. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    @eveningblush THANK YOU for livening up this spoiler thread! :blobnom: Please, share more if you can/have! :blobangel:

IceQueenRinne1234 likes this.