Spoiler Is Door-kun not a Door anymore? Question for P3FES, P4AU, and P5

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Ceimur, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Ceimur

Ceimur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is probably asked 100 times already but I havent seen an answer.

In P3 FES, Makoto Yuki AKA Door-kun becomes a door to prevent Erebus the accumulation of the wish of death and hatred of Humanity from making contact with Nyx. In the answer it said that the only wayto defeat him permanently is to "change the hearts of every humans" which the Phantom Thieves of Heart has been successful. Even the P4 cast in done their part to do it in P4G and Especially P4AU.

Now that the Treasure of humanity has been broken, this includes their wish to be enslaved and yes their wish to die has been broken is it possible for Makoto Yuki to stop being a door?

I know some people out there argues that there are no proof of continuity between p4 and p5. Yes p4au is cannon because p4g's cast in the ending complained about "the incident last break" referencing p4a but there are no p4 reference except for rise which we dont know if she had powers. So for this to happen, Let us just say that p5 is a continioum of p4.

2. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I unfortunately missed getting on the train for P3 and P4 but with P5R on the horizon maybe an answer will be there. I mean it would take an amazing development team to consider the possibility and work it in but I think that they would be one of the few groups that stood a chance of doing so. I'm still a little on the fence about P5R, I was so late getting P5 that I kind of wish I had just waited.

3. Neku

Neku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Emulate it?

4. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    No. The game was worth buying and from what I can gather the final editions of the games are typically also generally solid improvements. While I don't really like the idea of multiple editions of a game, had I done enough research I would have known to wait and I know now. I just need to decide whether it's worth the cost or not. I really wish there were an upgrade option ... but maybe I'll get it physical.

LordCorwin likes this.
  5. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean even if he isn't a door is his actual body still alive even or is it just in a coma like state?
    I was under the impression it's bones now lol

6. Ceimur

Ceimur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair he was described in "the answer" to be "sleeping" as he is still clinically alive. Elizabeth was still looking to cure him in P4 as noted by Margareth during the boss fight against her.

7. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    Did that actually meant his physical body? It could also mean his actual soul that's acting as a door.
    Any links to this particular dialogue? I never touched The answer unfortunately.

8. Ceimur

Ceimur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember ken saying that there was nothing wrong about "him" after "the incident" and "he" was like only sleeping

The "he" and "him" ken was referring to was obviously door-kun as he was considered nameless. But after "the incident" could go either two ways. 1 was after the door kun becomes door kun. And 2 was after door kun died

It can't be when he became a door because after this incident, they forgot everything about the dark hour. They would not be interested in checking everyone's health after the dark hour. They only remembered their bond during graduation after all. But it can't be after his "death" since it was only 3 weeks after it. You wont call someone's death or coma as the incident would you? Although my memory is as foggy as it was a long time ago when I played the answer. But I remember everyone saying the word sleeping. Even the ending song Kimi no kioku or memories of you says a line about resting your wings since its my (the singer) turn to protect you