Feature Request Is it possible to have the "read all chapter" button loaded while "loading chapters"?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Fi, Jun 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Fi

Fi Chosen One

Reading List:
    Link
    can I request for the "read all chapter" button to appear in the same time as "loading chapters" heading when I clicked the book icon, instead of when the text changed to "latest chapters"?

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless your internet is like really really slow, it won't really save you much time, if I understand correctly why you want this.

3. Fi

Fi Chosen One

Reading List:
    Link
    yep. 3g mostly.

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you use the notes feature? If not, you can change the settings so that it is just like before

5. Fi

Fi Chosen One

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. The tag only though. I'd like to compare the tag I've read to my expectations (for example, Age of Adepts contains vampire tag. I searched this novel through vampire tag, looking for vampire MC. Since up until the latest chapter it doesn't have vampire MC, I just can write non-vampire MC).

6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    You can write notes, and then disable them so that the interphase is the same.
    Whenever you want to read notes and tags, you can enable them.
    They won't disappear even if you disable the feature.

Slayerwolfx2 and Fi like this.
  7. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean when you load the chapters for a novel in your reading list, you want to click the "Mark all as read" button before the chapters have loaded?

I took a quick look at the javascript for the read list. The function that's used to update your reading list when selecting "Mark all as read" requires you to send data back to the server that includes the chapter ID of the latest chapter. You can't pass that information back to the server without first loading it on the client side. Tony could probably change it to not require that for updating you to the latest chapter, but the way it's done now, I don't think it's possible until you've finished loading the page.

Fi likes this.