Discussion Is it racist to make fun of stereotypes?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LittleAsianBoy, Oct 21, 2016.

1. LittleAsianBoy

LittleAsianBoy The Hidden in Plain Sight Guy

Reading List:
    Link
    He's probably being sarcastic. I hope.

2. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's complete BS. The term originates from England as a term to describe another English person from a certain area.

3. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    I find this offensive, because if i ever say i like chicken people laugh at me (T_T)

4. Lithit

Reading List:
    Link
    I have had several friends with which i regularly crack rasict joke with, if you want to know what that looks like watch this

5. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    as long as you dont exclude a race including your own. Making fun of Stereotypes is okay as long as all are open game to you. Not just race, but gender, sexual orientation, mental health of people who think they are a different gender than what they physically are, intelligence, people from a different spectrum of academia. Engineers, Lawyers, Liberal Arts majors. Everyone is fair game to be made fun of as long as you don't exclude anyone. It is a bit racist to focus and pick on only one race.
    besides, the truth is racism as we know today isn't something that should have existed. it was created by the rich and powerful to make the poor and less fortunate divide into different groups and fight amongst each other.

6. Dont_Don

Dont_Don Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine, who cares? Stop being so liberal your free to say whatever you want -especially if your talking about yourself. Taking political correctness and throw it in the trash whe re it belongs. And if the opposition gets triggered tell em lil precious snowflakes that they can crawl back to that crap hole safe space where they crawled out of.

Its my impression that by posting this millenial bullcrap that your either trolling or a straight up masochist. Do we as a society even need trigger warnings and censorships?

Tell em f their feelings, facts dont care about your feelings. Flaunt them squinty eyes brotha.

7. Crystalraven

Crystalraven † Strawberry † Knight †

Reading List:
    Link
    It's chicken. If you're not allergic to it and still don't like it, something is wrong with you.

Lithit and karsarts like this.
  8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    No, not really.

Though it's racist if you're being sarcastic about it.

9. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as your joking and the person isn't really sensitive about i guess its alright

10. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    The intention behind what you say it's also important imo. When a comment is ill-intentioned or it's just meant as a joke , it's rather obvious.
    I have made jokes of friends , but they know i don't mean harm and they also make fun of me at times.

Btw you didn't mention any negative stereotype , so i don't know how can that be racist?

11. Dont_Don

Dont_Don Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats not racism thats stereotyping, don't put the two together. Also stereotypes are grounded in reality. Such as how black people are good at basketball, or jewish people are good in business, or that asians are good at math it is stereotyping but at the same time true. Statistically speaking anyways. If someone gets offended hearing facts based on facts then their the bigot. Sure stereotypes are gross over exaggerations, however regardless of that there are some truth to them. Where theres smoke theres fire.

12. Dreken01

Dreken01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or your'e a vegetrian...
    Me, I'm allergic. So when I say that I can't eat it, they look at me like I've got 3 heads and 6 arms.

Racism is different from racial stereotypes, especially if these stereotypes are based in reality.
    Unless your'e uber sensitive to EVERYTHING... racism, for me depends on intent...

It's like when your friends say something to you, you laugh it off, because you know their meaning.
    But if a stranger or someone you dislike says the exact same thing, well, there's gonna be a fight!!

13. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god, you are so racially intolerant. We better dress you in sombreros and make you eat german sausage. Have to get rid of forced society norms and learnt bigotry, better yet lets put you in a dress because of toxic masculinity and patriarchy. I hope you can be more inclusive.

;)

Lithit likes this.
  14. novalance

novalance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as your okay with being made fun of whatever stereotype you might fit in and its all in good fun, then its acceptable as long as your intention is in that order. There is making fun and there is doing it purposefully to hurt someone or push a cause and political agenda, that's when it gets bad. Just know that when the stereotype swings your way you take it in as well.

Racists are those who are the most sensitive and offended to stereotypes... The opposite is to take it in stride, and if you know there is a stereotype working against you then all you have to do is work against it and not use it as some sort of handicap.

15. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    Who cares

16. novalance

novalance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should be punished... by eating more rice... How can you not like rice...!? It like goes good with just about everything... Even with traditional American cuisine not just Asian cuisine... You can make stir fry... Or put gravy over it... It goes well in soups... Its great to make Okai(rice gruel) with for an upset stomach... It's cheap... It goes far in a diet... It's easy to cook... You need to eat more rice...

17. Lithit

Reading List:
    Link
    There is much wisdom in your words

18. SummerHaze

SummerHaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not racism its criticism, as for me

19. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Raceplay can be a very fulfilling pastime. Stereotyping can be very funny. Racism are usually insulting.

Lithit likes this.
  20. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not racist, but I think its pretty foolish to make assumptions about someone based on something they are born with (skin color/ancestry). People can't choose what race or skin color they are, whether they are ugly, pretty, tall, small, etc; judge them based on things they can control and the actions they take.