Is it wrong to sexualized a fictional character?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ukelelelelele, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is. After all, fiction is only separated from the real world in a physical way, but yet not entirely overall, since fundamental concepts can still remain.

2. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont qoute my shit and try to argue for something that is wrong on so many levels. Also link all the studies you say there are when you say "there are multiple studies".

Fuckin weirdo

3. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who should we blame?
    The "supplier of the goods" aka the author and publisher or the buyers aka the readers who generate the demand for such stories?

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Why would you blame anyone? Is there something here that demands blaming?

5. Konstantin

Konstantin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't my work to improve your education. If you think that Earth is flat then it isn't my work to change your view, I can only say that you are an idiot and should educate yourself. If you want to prove that I'm wrong then you should be the one to link studies that disprove my point, then I'll have a reason to find my own links. But you don't even have any logical arguments, let alone any studies backing them, lol. "I have no proper arguments, but you should link all your studies", this is an absurd level of idiocy.

6. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Not into it but otherwise don't really care. If the fictional character is a kid it grosses me out and I don't want any part of it but that's as far as it goes for me.

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    No, you made a claim stating that there were multiple studies saying something and I want to see those studies.

If you wont post them then I can assume your just a liar that wants to fuck kids.

8. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should not be allowed to just sexualize fictional characters without paying for their usage, respect intellectual property rights.

Mnotia likes this.
  9. Konstantin

Reading List:
    Link
    Looool. It seems you are so stupid that you can't even use google.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia
    Pedophilia is an attraction to prepubescent children and is a mental disorder.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia
    Preference to early pubescent people (11-14) is hebephilia and it isn't a mental disorder either.
    "It has not been widely accepted as a paraphilia or mental disorder, and there is significant academic debate as to whether it should be classified as either."
    Moreover, "While individuals with a sexual preference for adults may have some sexual interest in pubescent-aged individuals"
    And here is the study:
    http://jaapl.org/content/39/4/506.full
    Quote:
    "Examined in isolation, there does not appear to be adequate empirical evidence that sexual arousal in response to young adolescents constitutes a paraphilia. This larger question, however, is not fully answered, in our opinion, through a narrow or reductionistic analysis that focuses exclusively on the arguably normative sexual interest of adult males in young pubescent females."
    Another study:
    "Indeed, one of the earlier studies found precisely that. Barbaree and Marshall17 examined phallometric responses to pictures of nude females ranging in age from 3 to 24 in 61 child molesters (21 of whom were incest offenders) and a matched group of 22 nonoffenders. Barbaree and Marshall found five distinct phallometric profiles, none of which reflected a unique and distinct preference for adolescents. One of the profiles was characterized by responses to both adolescent and adult stimuli."

Now, this is the talk about really young teenagers, 12-14-year-olds. If we are talking about 15-17-year-olds, then there is no controversy and it is just common sense.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia
    It isn't considered as any type of disorder.
    "Psychiatrist and sexologist Fred Berlin states that most men can find persons in this age group sexually attractive, but that "of course, that doesn't mean they're going to act on it. Some men who become involved with teenagers may not have a particular disorder. Opportunity and other factors may have contributed to their behaving in the way they do".[11] According to psychologist and sexologist James Cantor, it is "very common for regular men to be attracted to 18-year-olds or 20-year-olds. It's not unusual for a typical 16-year-old to be attractive to many men and the younger we go the fewer and fewer men are attracted to that age group."[12] Ephebophilia is used only to describe the preference for mid-to-late adolescent sexual partners, not the mere presence of some level of sexual attraction."

Then again, it is about PREFERENCE, not the existence of attraction. In general, most people don't have obvious preferences and are attracted to a wide range of age-groups. And there is a "philia" for any age-preference, for example:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronophilia
    • Teleiophilia (from Greek téleios, "full grown") is a sexual preference for adults.[15] The term was coined by Ray Blanchard in 2000.[16]
    • Mesophilia (derived from the Greek "mesos", "intermediate") is a sexual preference for middle-aged adults. The term was coined by Michael Seto in 2016.[17]
    • Gerontophilia is a sexual preference for the elderly.[18]
    TLDR; According to researchers the vast majority of men are attracted to teenagers and it is completely within the norm, even if it isn't just an attraction, but a preference.

Conclusion? Everything I said before is a fact and proves Mnotia's intellectual inferiority. +Karma to me for explaining something that should be just a common sense.

10. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Redditor cringe.

And no I wasnt gonna google it because common sense says "if someone says theres a study then THEY SHOULD LINK THE STUDY". There is no "haha hes too stupid to google" Whenever I say "theres a study" I link the study with a here. I dont be a dick and act like Im above everyone and make them go out their way to find the evidence that I state exists.

sky-diving instructors dont go to a session and say "oh, parachutes existl. No, you cant use the extra I have. Go find one mid-jump." It just makes you seem like a douchebag that thinks theyre better then everyone.

Also, I never made an argument so where is this "Ah my brain so big that these dirty normies cant understand why pedophilias ok" energy coming from?

The only thing I can find that you would think is an argument is me saying " If your attracted to a character because it looks like a child then your fuckin disgusting and should seek help or just never go around children." To which I gotta say; are you ok with pedos being near children on a daily basis? Do you see nothing wrong with a 30 y/o dude fucking a 15 y/o? Do you think people that see children in sexual ways should/nt go get psychiatric help?

Also, sorry that I dont know know the studies and facts for the sexual attraction to children....[​IMG]

imK and Kutaifa like this.
  11. Konstantin

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy fucking shit, you are beyond saving. You still can't acknowledge what everything you said is a total BULLSHIT even after I proved it with facts and links. At least now I can just copy-paste everything from here if I'll ever meet another idiot like you. A 15y.o. isn't a child, but someone at the end of their puberty. And in many countries, it is absolutely legal for a 30y.o. to fuck 15y.o. In most countries it is legal for 40 y.o. to fuck 16y.o. And socially acceptable. And it is definitely normal (if you ignore mental differences) for the reasons I already explained, so shut the fuck up. You aren't a "normie", you are just an uneducated person with an IQ below 80. When it comes to "normies" I'm sure that I qualify more than you, I don't have problems in getting girls, earn two times more than average for my city, etc. I bet that you are the one who is weird and probably lives in his/her parents' basement.

12. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Normies dont advocate for 30 y/os to fuck children.

Also, do you have 21 confirmed kills in cqc in the middle east? Are you a trained navy seals thats participated in over 100+ raids against al-Qaida? Do you bench bro?

Plus, you still havent answered my question. Are YOU ok with adults fucking children?

Redditor very cringe

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  13. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, drawing lewds does not equal pedophilia. No one here is advocating that. You are strawmanning this argument.

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. Konstantin

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what you are smoking, I can only guess that it is some hardcore shit. If to you having sex with a 5-year-old and with a 15-17-year-old is the same and, in both cases, they are "just children" then I can only assume that you are a real pedophile here who tries to hide his true nature from himself.

15. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    I just scrolled down this thread and why are your Twitter accounts full of toxicity? My Twitter is just full of Minecraft, Mr. Beast, and Anitubers. It's wholesome honestly.

16. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Answer the question. Do YOU think its ok for a 30 y/o dude to fuck a child?

Also, redditor cringe

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    it really depend on who you follow or activity~ same stuff with fb, youtube, instagram or such~

what kind of activity, follow and follower op have is indeed a good question~

Mnotia likes this.
  18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not how fanfiction works... Derivative works are allowed to be made at the person's whim.

What you're asking for is to essentially kill the entire doujinshi industry and all fanfiction websites.

... Of course, you shouldn't actively try to profit of someone else's work, but that's considerably different from making fanfics, fanart and doujinshis.

19. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they are in their teens, that is perhaps less weird than sexualizing 10-year-old but still creepy. At least Lucy from "Fairy Tail" was 17 from the get-go.

imK likes this.
  20. Konstantin

Reading List:
    Link
    I already said it - a 15-year-old ISN'T a child. A child is a 12-year-old or younger. 13-17-year-old is a teenager, not a child. Answer the question - it is ok for a 15-year-old to fuck a 9-year-old? No? Of course no, because a 9-year-old is a child and a 15-year-old is NOT. Teenagers already have sex in many cases, you dimwit. I fucked 15-year-olds when I was minor as well. I wouldn't do it now, not because there aren't physically attractive teens, but because they are immature and boring, plus the age of consent in my country is 16, not 15.
    Also, only really immature people use such phrases as "redditor cringe", it is stupid. Maybe you are a child yourself and just afraid of "adults"? It would explain a lot, lol. If no, then you really have some mental problems. Answer another question - it is ok for a 45-year-old to fuck an 18-year-old or a 20-year-old? It would allow me to understand how absurd are your ideas. Also, it is ok for a 70-year-old to fuck a 40-year-old "child"?