Discussion Is Martial World worth it? (In comparison with ATG)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Doomsday, Jun 14, 2018.

1. maloya02

maloya02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell yeah it’s worth

2. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    They focus on somewhat different things, so it's a bit hard saying one or the other does something better than the other.

One of the major differences would be how they 'learn' those extremely unique skills, Jasmine mostly for ATG and the 'orb' or whatever it was for MW. So if you like someone like Jasmine, ATG would be okay, if you don't, it wouldn't.

3. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    It's quite good in the beginning. The mc is not retarded like yun che. The romance are also good. But I dropped it because the author keep writing gibberish things just to make the chapter longer. Reading it become tiring because of that. Heck, a scene where the mc use a skill will took at least 2 chapters.

4. CE-NEX

CE-NEX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my worthless opinion, MW has its highs and lows. It starts off strong and stays strong for quite some time and then drops into a lull for a time period. The author has this pattern which is quite noticeable: Lin Ming will meet the cast of a certain location and become friends with them. Something happens that causes Lin Ming and cast to be separated. During the separation Lin Ming meets a new cast and gains power ups while adventuring with the new cast. After resolving his adventures with the new cast, Lin Ming goes back to the old cast and shows off his new power ups by beating the reason for their initial separation. Sometimes, along the way, he picks up a wife.

It's a very predictable pattern, but the author does a good job of distracting from that with some well placed dialogue and inner monologues from some of the side cast. Lin Ming has no character development, that's staple for most Wuxia novel, but he's not a bad person and there are some very nice moments in the novel where his trait of being a family man shine really strong. They're the hidden gems of the story. Not to mention there's plenty of face slapping, and who doesn't like that?

Again, in my worthless opinion, I believe MW should be read in short bursts. Don't wait for chapter by chapter updates from the translator (who, by the way, is very hardworking and efficient and deserves a round of applause), instead wait for a month or two for chapters to stockpile.

5. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    I found the simplicity one of the things I liked about it. Read too many novels with the author trying too hard to make things interesting but just ends up making it overcomplicated and convoluted, with random plot twists that don't serve much purpose other than triggering me.

Martial World might not be the most amazingly intricate or deep novel but I still found it a fun ride for what it is. But hey, each to their own.

6. nehpets747

nehpets747 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have good memories with this novel when it was in early stage of the translation, it balance cheat and with his never giving up attitude.

7. Niselitz

Niselitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You say theres no useless harem members but there is.... Well, at first they are part of the story but after ascending to the higher realm and world he just left them!!!!!!!

8. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    They ascend as well later and meet again though. He wouldn't have had time/energy to care for them while cultivating himself in Divine Realm so leaving them behind was the smarter choice.

But yeah they are still basically useless later lol. Xiao Moxian and Sheng Mei aren't though.

9. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but there´s a difference between 3 (I remember 3) and 8+ girls that he already has