Is PUBG worth it?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Enchantress, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Enchantress

Enchantress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i
    I'm from Asia

2. Enchantress

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! well appreciated

3. Enchantress

Reading List:
    Link
    hope that one day you'll get it

LuftRauser likes this.
  4. Enchantress

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, sure, thanks!

5. Enchantress

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I will

6. Enchantress

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you brother

7. Enchantress

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont have it huhu

8. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the thing
    - the game is too punishing too play with friend/squad if you still searching lootboxes(cosmetics item)
    - 50-70 from 85-100 will die in first 2 monutes and you neeed to search for the rest for 20+minutes(if you don't die)
    - looting simulator 5 minutes
    - cheating bastard that will wipe out entire squad under 5 secs/ know where you are/shooting through the wall/instant headshot
    - squeaker that keep telling you to suicide cause they want the in game currency faster
    - you can only enter the top#10 in asia/jp/sea server but can't win cause the cheater will start to wipe out the rest of top 10 so fast.
    - enchanting your graphic make you dumber cause you are hiding in the thing that didn't shown for those in low graphics setting.
    - sniper simulator.

9. Enchantress

Reading List:
    Link
    T
    Thanks bro! Appreciated

10. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My experience has been nothing like Clozdark's FWIW and part of what he is saying is incorrect. Obviously everyone's experiences will differ though with online play.

I play almost every day with a set group(s) of people. I have over 900 hours in the game according to Steam. I haven't been killed by anyone that was notably hacking since the update for 1.0 came in December though I have seen a few videos of hackers but nothing like the shitstorm of hackers it was.

I don't usually play with random people and if I do I use discord servers to find teammates so you can pick who you want to play with more. And I play with the same duo partner everyday and I have a few squad partners I play with. Not sure what he means by too punishing to play with a friend or set squad. It can suck dropping 'hotdrops' in squad matches where the likely hood of at least one teammate getting knocked out and killed is relatively higher. That person would then have to watch as the 3 remaining team mates finish out the round or leave and find a different squad. You do have to loot for stuff, that's the general premise of the genre. I only play on NA servers. So no issues hitting Top 10 on NA here. And we win matches frequently, I'm in the top 1% of players on the ranking. Top 1000 at times for Duo NA.

And 'enchanting' the graphics, which I am taking to mean turning the graphical quality up, doesn't make you dumber, this is the part that's just flat wrong as you cannot gain an advantage by disabling/reducing the graphics in the game. There is a minimum level of foliage/grass etc.. that appears in the area some 60m or so around your character that you cannot affect. The only thing you can affect is how nice it looks really. Outside 100m or so grass doesn't render, even in a scope, for anyone (to be fair I've never measured exactly these distance measurements are, these values are just what I'd guess the distances are). The only way it'd be dumber is if your computer couldn't keep the frame-rate at a reasonable level with the graphical settings you've chosen.

All weapons and play-styles are available and relatively viable. So while sniping and long distance shooting in general in the game is fairly fleshed out and common, you can still win the game with an Uzi and a shotgun, or a crossbow and a submachine gun or lots of grenades or whatever if you get lucky and play well (just like any gun combo, winning takes solid tactics, skill and just a bit of luck. You can get screwed by the circle, have the best gear in the world and still get pinched between teams and die in the top 10).

Long distance shooting does take place but staying in cover when available and not standing still helps prevent random long headshot KOs for you. A part of what I love about this game is the fact that you can have a shitty loot or circle in the beginning of the match but if you're smart and not terrible at shooters you can take out other players/teams with tactics/grenades/strategy. And then you have a gun with sights and can be the one sniping if you want. Or just keep attacking people up close, using vehicles and cover to advance on people/locations.

It does have a somewhat steep learning curve for some people as it plays much differently to a COD or BF type FPS and it requires a somewhat different mindset when playing. And lastly Solo play is different from Duo play which is different from Squad play and both of the maps currently available play much differently. Learning where to drop and getting acclimated to the game so you don't get scared/anxious and then make mental mistakes and get killed by other players/teams takes time for some people.

Like I said though best $30 I've spent on a game in a very long time.

11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    And here I am, scrolling throgh the comments to see if someone will kindly enlighten me on what PUBG is... But turns out nobody wrote the full title on the first page and I got lazy.

12. Enchantress

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the informative wall of text :D

AtratusImperator likes this.
  13. Enchantress

Reading List:
    Link
    hope that you'll be enlighten soon

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *pouts*

15. Rae

Rae ͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏

Reading List:
    Link
    PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds
    https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs* Thank you Rae-chan!!!! *snuggle snuggle snuggle*
    *has never heard of it*

I'm so outdated on new stuff... My brother was my source of gamenews, and now I don't live with him anymore! >.<

Rae likes this.
  17. Rae

Rae ͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs back*
    Well, i too only know it few weeks ago.

Live alone ?

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hai!

Well, more or less, I'm living on a rented room right now, so I live the lady that owns the house and a roomate... But essentially, I live alone for almost all practical purposes!

Rae likes this.
  19. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pubg ;) Based on the context from OP's post about buying a game that was all you needed to do. :):p

20. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    need a puwerful machine nya....
    and you die a lot >_>
    q.q

Rae likes this.